• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TTA 35 vs TTA 27

295 posts in this topic

Btw huge lol re finally participating in a dumb argument lol so true!!

Too true. My wife asked me what I was laughing at..."Nothing!"...changed subject. I don't want the sane people to know what I talk about on these boards...

Pym's first appearance is worth collecting but he became a superhero as an afterthought.

Stan to Jack or Jack to Stan: "Oh yeah, you remember the guy in the ant hill. What if we make him a superhero...and then we can make the Hulk a Superhero and bring back Submariner too."

+1

'Let's create a character that can shrink like The Atom, over at DC. hm

Oh, yeah, a few months back I did that story with the ants! :idea:

He'll do. (thumbs u

Sorted.

Off to the pub.'

This argument reminds me of that Star Trek episode where Kirk is split into two opposite Kirks by a transporter malfunction. We've split Ant Man from Hank Pym- they are 2 separate beings. My hat's off for the attempts to make 35 a more marketable book when the movie comes out.

Why is Action 1 notable and valuable ? Because its the first appearance of Clark Kent? meh

The Spectre doesn't appear in costume until More Fun 53.

(shrug)

220px-Morefun52.png

Do you mean he changed from blue to green?

Does the name and costume make the man?

ST114_Cap.JPG

I don't know why the 27ers keep trying to make this about the laundry when there is so much more than that to it, as has been discussed at length.

The laundry is not important in this case. Laundry or no laundry he is not a hero is 27.

That being said, laundry matters more than you think. I like hockey, I cheer for the Canucks. I'm sure you have a favorite team. I know everything about the players on the hometown team. Before they come here, or after they leave, I know very little about them (in some cases - I'm talking about the lower end players especially).

The billions of dollars that professional sports generate every year are completely based on fans blindly cheering for laundry. So don't kid yourself - it does matter. Lebron's on your team? Love him. On another team? Hate him. Fans often switch loyalties on a dime just due to the laundry the player wears.

It just doesn't matter in this case however because laundry or no laundry he doesn't become a superhero til 35.

Something happened to the image between the preview and the post - but what I was referring to is this.

Image+4.png

The outcome of this discussion will NOT change the price of either book. TTA 27 will continue to require more cache to acquire than most collectors can splurge on old news print, so let us concede that TTA 35 is as much a key as TTA 27, despite its being cheaper.

This argument reminds me of that Star Trek episode where Kirk is split into two opposite Kirks by a transporter malfunction. We've split Ant Man from Hank Pym- they are 2 separate beings. My hat's off for the attempts to make 35 a more marketable book when the movie comes out.

Why is Action 1 notable and valuable ? Because its the first appearance of Clark Kent? meh

The Spectre doesn't appear in costume until More Fun 53.

(shrug)

220px-Morefun52.png

Do you mean he changed from blue to green?

Nope. The story is in two parts. Jim Corrigan doesn't don the costume in the story until issue 53.

Good god! You nerds are still arguing about this?!? :baiting:

Ok, take it from a Henry Pym expert, here's the deal :preach:

TTA27 is Henry Pyms 1st appearance and the 1st lame azz appearance of Ant-Man. It will ALWAYS be the major key book of the two. ALWAYS (thumbs u

TTA 35 is the 1st TRUE appearance of Ant-Man but will ALWAYS play second fiddle to 27. ALWAYS, 35 though is without question the cooler book of the two. Not even close! (thumbs u

When I read the material in Masterwork format I just treat it as a two-part origin, even if it wasn't intentional to begin with, unlike the deliberate combination of super-heroic and monster comic elements in FF1.

If I had any interest in original copies, I'd go for both.

Yes they both have value, I'm not denying 27 goes for more,I'm just saying 27 is hank Pym and 35 ( used to be undervalued, now finally there is a HUGE surge of demand ) is ant man. If ur convinced that its the man not the hero persona that is the true first app the now come ppl buy SC22. Is it because of Hal Jordan, um... Nope it's because (surprise surprise GREEN LANTERN)

If ur convinced that its the man not the hero persona that is the true first app the now come ppl buy SC22. Is it because of Hal Jordan, um... Nope it's because (surprise surprise GREEN LANTERN)

All-American_Comics_16.jpg

hm

Looks like it might be because of Hal Jordan.

If ur convinced that its the man not the hero persona that is the true first app the now come ppl buy SC22. Is it because of Hal Jordan, um... Nope it's because (surprise surprise GREEN LANTERN)

I don't agree. A hero's secret identity is an inseparable part of the character. Hal Jordan is a steadfast pillar in comic herodom because people like both Hal and GL. The best heroes represent both sides of the coin in a meaningful way.

This is true regardless of whether or not any other heroes with the same moniker came before them.

To the point of the thread, both comics are key first appearances of a different side of the same coin. IMO Hank Pym is a more interesting character than Ant Man and that is part of the reason he is at best a "B" list, second-string hero. If both were great, no one would think about buying one or the other, only both.

I thought the film was going to be based on 'Irredeemable Ant-Man' - the O'Grady character, as Pym is on the shield carrier as a scientist in cameo.

The 'stolen' trailer certainly looked like the O'Grady character?

Would make sense as written by Robert Kirkman, who, lets be honest , is a little bit "hot" in TV and comic books atm.

TTA 27 is the 1st appearance and the best book by far. Ask TTA 35 and he will agree with this.

TTA 27 is so awesome TTA 35 was scared to be next to it and needed seven issues to work up the courage to show up on newstands.

TTA 27 is the 1st appearance and the best book by far. Ask TTA 35 and he will agree with this.

TTA 27 is so awesome TTA 35 was scared to be next to it and needed seven issues to work up the courage to show up on newstands.

i3xhtj.png

i3xhtj.png

True story. I think TTA 35 was even in heavy counseling about this for years. Only recently has he been able to re enter society. Look for an in depth article soon and a sit down interview with Piers Morgan.