• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Signed Pedigree comics make baby cry.

409 posts in this topic

1. Why do some people get stuff signed by people who didn't have anything to do with the book.

2. The fact that CGC gives signature series books a higher score in the registry.

#1 has been beaten to death. It's the "original character creator" argument typically (used to justify Stan, &/or Joe Simon sigs on books they didn't directly work on) , unless you mean something really divergent (like Todd McFarlane on a Four Color #138)

#2. Since CGC charges more for SS service vs regular slabbing I believe the answer is "Follow the money" And higher score is not very significant, just a 10% points bump which for lots of books is not many points)

Heaven forbid anytime in the next 50 years there occurs an event that puts into questions the legitimacy of every SS book. What if the SS program falls apart? How much are collectors going to enjoy having all those SS pedigree books then?

I see you you've started keeping a daydream journal.

To be fair, all it would really take is one fake sig in a SS slab to bring the whole thing down.

How sure are you that a SS witness will never go rogue?

Heaven forbid anytime in the next 50 years there occurs an event that puts into questions the legitimacy of every SS book. What if the SS program falls apart? How much are collectors going to enjoy having all those SS pedigree books then?

To be fair, all it would really take is one fake sig in a SS slab to bring the whole thing down.

Yeah, I dont think CGC going under will make the already encapsulated SS books worthless. Its still the best assurance of a signature being authentic (beyond witnessing it yourself)

It would take some witness coming out and saying "yeah for a period of time when I was witnessing we faked signatures and I signed off that they were legit"

now as soon as it comes to light, I imagine CGC has a way (via the CGC ID) to see which books were witnessed by that witness and at least make a statement of which books could be fake.

That's absurd.

How many blue label controversies has CGC weathered in the last ten plus years?

That's absurd.

The Yellow label is a completely different animal than the blue. The required existence of a CGC authorized witness changes everything.

That's absurd.

The Yellow label is a completely different animal than the blue. The required existence of a CGC authorized witness changes everything.

Blue label controversies revolve around interpretation of grading and subjective matters.

A Yellow controversy would be something that put the authentication process in its entirity in question. SS authentication is not subjective (like PSA after the fact authentication), so when it shows a crack it is a much bigger dea.

That's absurd.

I disagree. And stating a thing is not a defense of or an argument for/against a thing.

That's absurd.

I disagree. And stating a thing is not a defense of or an argument for/against a thing.

^^

:tonofbricks:

I have green label books that are proof of how CGC handles problems like that. When in doubt, they get a green.

Wow they actually scrubbed all the baby Jesus references. So how exactly are we deciding what's offensive and what's not?

Well, except that one...^^^^^^