• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Signed Pedigree comics make baby cry.

409 posts in this topic

That's why I collect books no one else to seem to care about, no controversy.

Oh trust me, VERY few people care about Pedigree Avengers! lol

I get plenty, PLENTY of them for below "regular" GPA. Other than sometimes people just wanting to try and grab them because its a Curator or Pacific Coast or the like going cheap, most times it is NOT hard to get them fairly cheap at auction.

That's why I collect books no one else to seem to care about, no controversy.

Oh trust me, VERY few people care about Pedigree Avengers! lol

I get plenty, PLENTY of them for below "regular" GPA. Other than sometimes people just wanting to try and grab them because its a Curator or Pacific Coast or the like going cheap, most times it is NOT hard to get them fairly cheap at auction.

Collect what you love my friend. :foryou:

I don't necessarily agree with Northland AV4 being signed though. At least not by Stan Lee(most common signature you can find on a marvel SS) and Joe Simon

Who would you agree could sign the book? (shrug)

Stan Lee wrote Avengers #4, so there is a direct connection. If you object to him signing the book, then you're pretty much objecting to anybody signing it.

Yes, I object to anybody signing the Northland near mint copy of Avengers #4.

Your mileage may vary.

Too late. :roflmao:

I actually like iscomics genius suggestion!

I just magically found out the owner of every single owner of a Pedigree book, also found out their emails, and also made them sell me every Pedigree book they own. Now, I don't have to worry about any more SS Pedigrees!

That dude is freaking smart!!! (worship)

Stop acting like your pedigree fascination is all about the books. At some point down the road you'll be looking to sell them and asking more because of it. Everyone collects what they want the way they want to. If someone out there wants to build a SS collection with pedigrees then who are you to tell them they're wrong? You don't have to like it but you also don't have to disparage them for doing it. Again... their book, their call.

PS: It's lscomics. That's LSCOMICS for the reading impaired.

Good god you are dense!!!

1st off, let me know when you see me selling ANY of my Avengers Pedigrees. The day that happens, either absolute catastrophe has hit me financially or I'm dead and my son is selling them. It won't happen. I have doubles and triples of issues and have never even thought of selling an undercopy and have refused MANY requests to.

2nd, did you really just say reading impaired?!? I've said MANY times if a SS guy like Fingh wants a SS Ped for his collection, that's fine by me. My problem is people that care NOTHING bout the book and just think they can squeeze a few more bucks out of it with a sig. I see Peds gets bought, next day they are on eBay for double the price. They sit for 6-12 months so the owner gets them SSd and jacks the price even more. That's my problem! Not someone who wants it for their collection, someone who just wants it for their eBay store?

Understand yet or still too desperately worried about losing a SS sale to understand???

And clearly you're just as dense. If I'm all about flipping then where are my ebay auctions? Current sales thread? That's right... they don't exist.

I've got news for you. Sean and I probably both have the same amount of love for the SS program. Do I have as many books as him? No. But that doesn't mean I'm in it for a profit. Have I sold SS books? Yes. A few years back the focus of my collection changed completely and I sold off the books that no longer fit into that focus. I never asked for ridiculously high prices and in most cases came down on the price. There were at least a dozen books I took a loss on. Now explain to me how it is I'm worried about losing a SS sale again.

You just don't and apparently NEVER will get it. If you love SS books and want them for your collection, sign every Ped you want for your keeper. That's like the 80th time I've said that so possibly it might eventually sink into your head.

What I have a problem with is someone that cares ZERO about the Pedigree book and has it in their eBay store the day after buying it. When it doesn't sell for the crazy premium they want, they get it SSd and put it right back in their eBay store. You keep saying they can do whatever they want with "their" property but I and a lot of others have a problem with people permanently altering a book that they have no intent whatsoever of keeping and are just looking to flip. Technically, yes it's "theirs" but as collectors, we should be striving for a little more don't ya think???

Seriously, again, I've said this like 100 times but for some reason you don't understand the distinction (shrug)

:popcorn:

IBLT (shrug)

For what it is worth taking a book that was originally purchased by a individual for it's grade/eye appeal 30+ years ago is special. Storing it, caring for it so it stands the test of time is special.

Collecting them before they were considered collectables is what makes them peds.

To have someone scribble all over one of these books destroys what was special about them.

Regardless of who did the scribbling.

The same applies to pressing said books.

I don't necessarily agree with Northland AV4 being signed though. At least not by Stan Lee(most common signature you can find on a marvel SS) and Joe Simon

Stan Lee wrote Avengers #4, so there is a direct connection. If you object to him signing the book, then you're pretty much objecting to anybody signing it.

Your mileage may vary.

I just magically found out the owner of every single owner of a Pedigree book, also found out their emails, and also made them sell me every Pedigree book they own. Now, I don't have to worry about any more SS Pedigrees!

Stop acting like your pedigree fascination is all about the books. At some point down the road you'll be looking to sell them and asking more because of it. Everyone collects what they want the way they want to. If someone out there wants to build a SS collection with pedigrees then who are you to tell them they're wrong? You don't have to like it but you also don't have to disparage them for doing it. Again... their book, their call.

1st off, let me know when you see me selling ANY of my Avengers Pedigrees. The day that happens, either absolute catastrophe has hit me financially or I'm dead and my son is selling them. It won't happen. I have doubles and triples of issues and have never even thought of selling an undercopy and have refused MANY requests to.

2nd, did you really just say reading impaired?!? I've said MANY times if a SS guy like Fingh wants a SS Ped for his collection, that's fine by me. My problem is people that care NOTHING bout the book and just think they can squeeze a few more bucks out of it with a sig. I see Peds gets bought, next day they are on eBay for double the price. They sit for 6-12 months so the owner gets them SSd and jacks the price even more. That's my problem! Not someone who wants it for their collection, someone who just wants it for their eBay store?

Understand yet or still too desperately worried about losing a SS sale to understand???

And clearly you're just as dense. If I'm all about flipping then where are my ebay auctions? Current sales thread? That's right... they don't exist.

I've got news for you. Sean and I probably both have the same amount of love for the SS program. Do I have as many books as him? No. But that doesn't mean I'm in it for a profit. Have I sold SS books? Yes. A few years back the focus of my collection changed completely and I sold off the books that no longer fit into that focus. I never asked for ridiculously high prices and in most cases came down on the price. There were at least a dozen books I took a loss on. Now explain to me how it is I'm worried about losing a SS sale again.

You just don't and apparently NEVER will get it. If you love SS books and want them for your collection, sign every Ped you want for your keeper. That's like the 80th time I've said that so possibly it might eventually sink into your head.

What I have a problem with is someone that cares ZERO about the Pedigree book and has it in their eBay store the day after buying it. When it doesn't sell for the crazy premium they want, they get it SSd and put it right back in their eBay store. You keep saying they can do whatever they want with "their" property but I and a lot of others have a problem with people permanently altering a book that they have no intent whatsoever of keeping and are just looking to flip. Technically, yes it's "theirs" but as collectors, we should be striving for a little more don't ya think???

Seriously, again, I've said this like 100 times but for some reason you don't understand the distinction (shrug)

You're the one who keeps saying things like:
It doesn't make any sense that you're alright with someone having a pedigree book signed for their collection but not okay with it if they're looking to resell it. No one lives forever so at some point all of them will be for sale again. What's the difference between one that's resold sooner rather than later? There is no difference, it's still a pedigree book with a signature on it regardless of how long it's been off the market. Genius. :foryou:

1. the only pedigrees that are usually worth more are the ones that show distinctive quality over their non-ped counterparts.

A Savannah Batman 232 (CGC 9.0) just sold for $331.

A "regular" 9.0 232 has a $330 12 mo average, and the last one just sold for $425.

Why? The market doesnt really value the Savannah ped over its non-ped versions.

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this question, but your response touched on it so I thought I'd ask:

There's a CGC 9.4 DC Silver under-valued semi-key up on eBay now. It was listed with a starting bid of 3 times OSPG 9.2. My initial guess was that it would get one or two bids and end just slightly more than the starting bid.

But now it's at nearly 5 times Guide and still has a couple of days to go. I looked closer at the picture and I noticed that it has the Savannah notation on the label (not mentioned in the listing). So I've been assuming that the run-up has been because it's a pedigree.

But having read this thread, I gather that Savannah is not a premium inducing pedigree. So is the bidding due to the pedigree status or is it solely an under-valued book that's really caught fire?

Your mileage may vary.

You're the one who keeps saying things like:
It doesn't make any sense that you're alright with someone having a pedigree book signed for their collection but not okay with it if they're looking to resell it. No one lives forever so at some point all of them will be for sale again. What's the difference between one that's resold sooner rather than later? There is no difference, it's still a pedigree book with a signature on it regardless of how long it's been off the market. Genius. :foryou:

Good lord :facepalm:

Yes, ALL Pedigree SS books suck big huge donkey balls in my book. I've made that pretty clear. If someone who loves the book does it, I can handle that though. At least its someone that loves the book. Someone doing it for no reason whatsoever other than trying to bend someone over and molest their 4th point of contact in their eBay store annoys the hell out of me :gossip:

1. the only pedigrees that are usually worth more are the ones that show distinctive quality over their non-ped counterparts.

A "regular" 9.0 232 has a $330 12 mo average, and the last one just sold for $425.

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this question, but your response touched on it so I thought I'd ask:

There's a CGC 9.4 DC Silver under-valued semi-key up on eBay now. It was listed with a starting bid of 3 times OSPG 9.2. My initial guess was that it would get one or two bids and end just slightly more than the starting bid.

But now it's at nearly 5 times Guide and still has a couple of days to go. I looked closer at the picture and I noticed that it has the Savannah notation on the label (not mentioned in the listing). So I've been assuming that the run-up has been because it's a pedigree.

But having read this thread, I gather that Savannah is not a premium inducing pedigree. So is the bidding due to the pedigree status or is it solely an under-valued book that's really caught fire?

I don't follow DCs but I can tell you I don't think I've EVER seen a Savannah Marvel book fetch a significant premium. Most of them don't get a premium at all due to their poor PQ.

if it's the Aquaman #35, it's because that book doesn't show up often in HG and an undervalued book due to the Black Manta appearance. there were multiple WTB threads on the book recently. the cream/ow pages and Savannah ped should actually detract from the value. if you're talking about some other book, forget the above.

if it's the Aquaman #35, it's because that book doesn't show up often in HG and an undervalued book due to the Black Manta appearance. there were multiple WTB threads on the book recently. the cream/ow pages and Savannah ped should actually detract from the value. if you're talking about some other book, forget the above.

yeah if its that book, its a hard find that rarely comes up, and the high grade DC 12 center "keys" seem to get bought and go into collections.

only one sold in last year... and only 3 in the year prior....

*pft* its no better that all the other 9.8s out there

there must be a dozen of them right?

:D

Maybe a couple more...but they're only 70 years old.

Top-Notch23.jpg

Top-Notch31.jpg

Top-Notch33.jpg

And from what. I've read here, some people would actually prefer a "regular" copy than than crappo Church 9.8 :facepalm:

And from what. I've read here, some people would actually prefer a "regular" copy than than crappo Church 9.8 :facepalm:

especially if Stan Lee signed it, makes it unique