• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Signed Pedigree comics make baby cry.

409 posts in this topic

How does the pedigree crew feel about sigs on the inside cover or first page? Is that anathema as well?

Actually, can you get a yellow label if it's not signed on the cover?

Used to submit exclusively for interior sigs. (thumbs u

I'm not a sig hound, but the few splash sigs I have are preferrable to me. Interior sigs are hidden, kind of a nice easter egg with a new purchase.

How does the pedigree crew feel about sigs on the inside cover or first page? Is that anathema as well?

And you cost yourself a fortune on the Byrnes. :cry::foryou:

I want my MTU 53 back...

Does always bronze have it? He is a stud. I would give a lot to have started in on the yellow label back n '04.

He has the bulk of my SS collection. He's keeping them safe for me. :sumo:

And you cost yourself a fortune on the Byrnes. :cry::foryou:

I want my MTU 53 back...

Does always bronze have it? He is a stud. I would give a lot to have started in on the yellow label back n '04.

He has the bulk of my SS collection. He's keeping them safe for me. :sumo:

I think I covet the IF1 the most. :luhv:

I appreciate it when collectors collect things because they really, genuinely love them. so if you have a pedigree book you love, and you want to get it signed, that's awesome.

I don't appreciate the flippers much because they are permanently altering a book that has a specific provenance just to make a few bucks.

That being said, it's impossible to know the original intent behind every book sitting in a yellow holder. And even books that were signed for profit may eventually find a home with someone who really appreciates the signature.

So my stance is to simply let people do whatever the fudge they want without being butthurt about it.

I'm not a fan of signed books, period. I've never understood the appeal. I consider it a defect just like any other writing on the cover.

I agree 1,000,000%

I don't understand the appeal of collecting Legos. Whatcha gonna do? :shrug:

I'm not a fan of signed books, period. I've never understood the appeal. I consider it a defect just like any other writing on the cover.

I agree 1,000,000%

I've never understood why people don't understand that someone might love a slight variation of a thing they love.

I'd argue that you understand the appeal, but don't agree with it.

Why would you deprive the world of hard earned butthurt? That probably worse than signing or pressing pedigrees.

If butthurt was the world's food supply, the ants would be morbidly obese.

So my stance is to simply let people do whatever the fudge they want without being butthurt about it.

I've never understood why people don't understand that someone might love a slight variation of a thing they love.

The two most logical post of this thread …

^^

I agree 1,000,000%

agreed.

An intruiging question. Would all of you SS haters be willing to color touch a signed copy just to avoid a yellow label?

CaptainMidnight9Binder_zps696e6f49.jpg

FYI, the book was signed by Otto O. Binder if you can't read the scan.

An intruiging question. Would all of you SS haters be willing to color touch a signed copy just to avoid a yellow label?

FYI, the book was signed by Otto O. Binder if you can't read the scan.

I don't think I understand your question.

If you get a restored book signed, it gets a yellow label with a purple strip denoting the restoration. If you want to avoid a yellow label, you simply don't put the book through the signature series process. If you have a yellow/purple label you want to be only purple, you just crack the book out and resub.

So yeah, don't understand the question.