• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,027 posts in this topic

There's a thread in the marketplace and the description cuts off but it says

"One Monster Book: HG TOS 3"...

I was excited there for a moment.... a high grade monster marvel... and an early one! Until I clicked and found out it was a "39" and the description was cut off :tonofbricks: and that by "monster" he just meant big price tag :insane:

Anybody else have moments like that? False PH advertising moments that turn out to be hero books?

Don't get me wrong, gorgeous #39 and anyone would love to own but just not what I'd want to spend five figures on, personally, even though I totally get why others would.

There's a thread in the marketplace and the description cuts off but it says

"One Monster Book: HG TOS 3"...

I was excited there for a moment.... a high grade monster marvel... and an early one! Until I clicked and found out it was a "39" and the description was cut off :tonofbricks: and that by "monster" he just meant big price tag :insane:

Anybody else have moments like that? False PH advertising moments that turn out to be hero books?

Don't get me wrong, gorgeous #39 and anyone would love to own but just not what I'd want to spend five figures on, personally, even though I totally get why others would.

I get duped by threads offering "Captain Marvel" :tonofbricks:

The next issue, number 11, is one of the toughest issues in grade. Here we have the White Mountain copy "only" grading out to an 8.0. As we know from seeing Adamstrange's beautiful WM copies, that most of them grade higher.

The three issue run of TTA, #9 to # 11, are just great issues to have.

photo TALESANT11.jpg

This is a pretty insane auction result (just under $500 for the 3 books! :o )...someone wanted the #6 BAD! Let's be generous and say the #6 is worth $250...the other books at VG/FN are $50 books...of course we've seen crazier results but someone overpaid here... :screwy:

http://comics.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=121337&lotNo=14520&lotIdNo=40025

Edited by trmoore54