• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,038 posts in this topic

Thanks to Fantasyland15 for selling me this, my all-time #1 nemesis book in pre-hero, and maybe period. Been looking for a run-worthy copy for 20 years, and don't recall ever seeing a copy before opening the box. I was :whee: when I bought it and am :banana::whee::banana: now that it is in hand!

TTA04CGC.jpg

Great looking copy. Worth the wait!? (20 years).

Man, you guys are picking PH books left and right. Can't seem to locate the ones I need.

TOS 17, TOS 37, TTA 12, JIM 60, JIM 71, ST 96, ST 83 In at least 7.5 or better. :frustrated:

Edited by RICK STARR

Great looking copy. Worth the wait!? (20 years).

Man, you guys are picking PH books left and right. Can't seem to locate the ones I need.

TOS 17, TOS 37, TTA 12, JIM 60, JIM 71, ST 96, ST 83 In at least 7.5/8.0 or better. :frustrated:

It's been an unprecedented couple of months for me as far as pre-hero goes, starting in Chicago and probably ending with your sales thread a few nights ago. lol

I've got a fair list myself, including several I've still never owned like TTA #13 (which I'll likely never own now) and 17, TOS #2 (my new arch-nemesis now that I've got the TTA #4 slain), and a few other odds and ends like JIM #80. I'll be just fine with nice 6.0s. :cloud9:

John,

Sure, you're having trouble finding the ones you need but it's harder when you need so few. You might consider selling me a few to increase your chances of finding one you need :idea: The more holes you create the better luck you'll have!! :D

It's been a pretty good few weeks but... is it just me..... Because I definitely miss 2012 - there was so much more material that fit what I was looking for on the auction block as compared to 2013.

2012 was good for auctions, almost too good as I blew my budget on a regular basis. 2013 has been better for me personally though, at least it feels that way. Between the boards, Chicago, and an occasional eBay win this has been a very good year for pre-hero.

I know my hot streak will end eventually and it will be back to waiting months inbetween decent books (and only then if I can hang in the auction and don't get crushed). It'll be fun while it lasts.

John,

Sure, you're having trouble finding the ones you need but it's harder when you need so few. You might consider selling me a few to increase your chances of finding one you need :idea: The more holes you create the better luck you'll have!! :D

:signfunny:

That's one of the most impressive color designs for a pre-hero monster book. :applause:

That's one of the most impressive color designs for a pre-hero monster book. :applause:

And another book you don't see come up for sale very often, especially in higher grades. I'm still looking for a 7.0-8.0 copy, but if they surface they are either very low grade or something like an 8.5 I couldn't hope to afford.

(and a THING prototype as well!)

g[/img]

Well no offense Bill but judging by the large 10c cover price and the Nov date it was on the stands at exactly the same time as FF1........ 11/61............ when the 'prototype' is contemporaneous or subsequent to the other character, things get murky.... 2c

g[/img]

Well no offense Bill but judging by the large 10c cover price and the Nov date it was on the stands at exactly the same time as FF1........ 11/61............ when the 'prototype' is contemporaneous or subsequent to the other character, things get murky.... 2c

WHAT??? next thing you will tell me is that THIS isnt a THING prototype either ;)

ST_95_splash.jpg

g[/img]

WHAT??? next thing you will tell me is that THIS isnt a THING prototype either ;)

ST_95_splash.jpg

It's a Thing "variant". Makes it more rare, ya' know ;)