• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,038 posts in this topic

I just never get tired of looking at these pre-hero Marvel covers. I collect cover scans in addition to the actual books (about a 2 year project and I am up over 3,500 scans of high grade and rare books) and I "collected" all these scans for my project. Thanks for sharing them!

I don't know if I ever posted these after I got them graded but I'm in the process of scanning my slabs and thought I would post the pre-heros now that I have a decent scanner set up.

StrangeWorlds04FC.jpg

StrangeWorlds05FC.jpg

OOBA DOOBA! Wow. Those are a great bunch of books ya got there my fine feline friend. Strange Worlds is such an underappreciated title -- I am glad to see some of those books get some limelight.

Is there an interesting story behind this collection? I love a good story.

Bill

Edited by AtlasFan

I bet Cheetah passed out for a second when he first saw the whole load....I know I would have. That SW 5 is hard to find period, much less in 9.4. I wonder what the SW 3 looked like. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

It has some chipping along the right edge. I'm going to go ahead and get it slabbed sone I did that with the rest of the books. It will probably be a 7.0. I'll try to post a scan later.

Absolutely awesome to see such beautiful copies of seldom seen books! :cloud9:

TTA4FC.jpg

Sweet! (thumbs u

All you need now is to get Ditko's signature. (:

Good Idea to have him sign on first page. Those are my favorite covers from that run.

+1

I don't mind books signed on the front cover, but I am a much bigger fan of first page signatures, particularly on books like these.

Thanks guys.

I think they are pretty cool even though they're not high grade.You dont see to many Pre-Hero books signed.

As far as the interior signatures ,I'm just scared to death of Stan signing over text or a character's face.Plus these Ditko covers are :cloud9:

Bunky Brian,

This early TTA and TOS are some of my favorites. It's really a treat to see them in that kind of awesome condition.

The larger scan of the book I used for my avatar.

Tales to Astonish #20.

TTA_20.jpg

Beautiful! That one's on my list! :headbang:

and WTTB! :cool:

Edited by trmoore54