• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Metallica at San Diego Comic Con Hall H not so secret show

77 posts in this topic

I liked all Metallica up until the Black album. That album just didn't do it for me as it felt it was too great a departure from their previous music.

Just seemed like there was less raw energy music wise.

The drums in 'One' are about as close to orgasmic as music comes.

THe non-hits on Black Album are dope: Sad But True, Holier Than Thou, The God That Failed (:headbang:), My Friend Of Misery ... :cloud9:

But they're not Ktulu, Orion, Fade To Black ...

I liked all Metallica up until the Black album. That album just didn't do it for me as it felt it was too great a departure from their previous music.

Just seemed like there was less raw energy music wise.

The drums in 'One' are about as close to orgasmic as music comes.

THe non-hits on Black Album are dope: Sad But True, Holier Than Thou, The God That Failed (:headbang:), My Friend Of Misery ... :cloud9:

Most definitely ! (thumbs u

Back in the days of this particular Metallica show … little pieces of paper with cartoon characters on them were really popular. It actually catapulted to entire show and evening from spectacular to euphoric ! :)

Wow. Been searchin tons of solo piano metallica covers. So far some good ones are---Orion duh---Fade To Black---And Justice For All---Call of Ktulu---Harvester Of Sorrow---Master Of Puppets---The Ecstasy Of Gold!!! not Metallica but amazing! they open their live shows with it on the PA or used to----

Battery especially the intro--

And still looking

1. Kill’Em All

2. Ride the Lightening

3. Master of Puppets

4. And Justice For All

5. Metallica (Black Album)

In my opinion these five Metallica albums are absolute metal classics of all time. I as well as many others quit listening to Metallica 20 years ago but there shouldn’t be any doubt that these guys were highly instrumental in the founding of metal and where it is today.

Growing up in the 60’s & 70’s I had always been a classic rock fan but my first Metallica concert (Justice For All Tour)in 1989 at the Summit in Houston opened up a whole new world of music for me and from there it was Megadeth, Slayer, Pantera & Testament along with a host of other metal bands through the 90’s

Still have my first Metallica ticket from Justice For All tour 1989 … :headbang: SPECTACULAR show !!!

Slide7_zpsae333c2b.jpg

Event Code = HEAVY1? :headbang:

Ha ! I never noticed the "HEAVY1" event code lol

I tried to convince my wife to make our wedding song "nothing else matters" but she was stuck on Shania Twain . When we were making our wedding plans I told her anything she wanted I would agree to. BUT the only thing I ask is that I can have the DJ play one Metallica song (Preferably Enter Sandman) . She Agreed. I gave the DJ the Black Album. AT some point that night as the dance flloor was kickin he played Enter Sandman and I think everyone left the dance floor . Played it for about one minute and then went into the chicken. But I got Metallica played at my wedding.

I tried to convince my wife to make our wedding song "nothing else matters" but she was stuck on Shania Twain . When we were making our wedding plans I told her anything she wanted I would agree to. BUT the only thing I ask is that I can have the DJ play one Metallica song (Preferably Enter Sandman) . She Agreed. I gave the DJ the Black Album. AT some point that night as the dance flloor was kickin he played Enter Sandman and I think everyone left the dance floor . Played it for about one minute and then went into the chicken. But I got Metallica played at my wedding.

:gossip: You shoulda played Shania's cover of Nothing Else Matters.

They probably sound exactly the same lol

They probably sound exactly the same lol

lol