• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Manifest Destiny - Skybound - Chris Dingess, Matthew Roberts
1 1

2,663 posts in this topic

I have #1 in the retailer preview as well, don't think it's worth anything because it's just a color photocopy and easily duplicated. I could be wrong though, (shrug).

And issue 2 was really good, this could really shape up to be a great read

Agreed. I am definitely enjoying this book. Image is just spewing awesome books everywhere. Manifest Destiny and Black Science recently with Deadly Class getting early positive reviews. The centuar's are sooo cool.

LBCC sketch variant census

5 9.8

1 9.6

I had two being fast track so either I have 2 9.8s or 1 9.8 or 1 9.6.

Here's hoping you have 2.

I know 2 of them are my two I am picking up tomorrow :D

Nothing to do with MD.. but also in this order I have 2 more Deadpool Kills Deadpool Secret Wars variants at 9.8 and was surprised to see there are not many of these graded compared to the other variants and regular issue. Found that odd since the Secret Wars cover was so iconic.

Edited by ZaCrew

Issue #2 was very interesting although it went a little sideways for me on the last page. I really like the overall feel of this story and think we are in for a treat.

+1.

but you MUST have zombies to remain relevant in this comic age

:insane:

Didn't see this directly addressed in the article, but what I like about my historical fiction is making the new/crazy/fiction have immediacy to actual events.

Meaning, instead of just having L & C fighting a bunch of monsters in the Americas, for instance, you find out the Grand Canyon is not naturally formed, but actually a hole dug out by minotaurs to divert a river to their homeland.

(Or something much more interesting. Couldn't think of anything good this early in the AM.)

(-) The book is very similar in concept to Hoax Hunters. I was on the verge of not adding this book to my pull list. But the fact that it's Image Skybound and points similar to the one made by manetteska have led me to give it another try.

(-) I love the art to the cover pages this far.

(-) Jensen looks similar to a murderer in Locke and Key Welcome to Lovecraft, Sam.

Guessing the plot off of the preview poster (see first post in this thread for an image)

(-) The fact that Jensen isn't on the preview poster leads me to believe he will get killed by the green folk at the end of the first story arc.

(-) The bottom of the poster might be a small clue as to what's up with the last page of issue #2

(-)The following prediction is what really makes me concerned about too many similarities to Hoax Hunters.

Lewis and Clark will find some way to save the swan diving woman. We then find out she is native american. She then joins their team. If this happens I am absolutely dropping this book as I think that would be too similar to Hoax Hunters' character Murder.

Edited by revivedrevival