• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Manifest Destiny - Skybound - Chris Dingess, Matthew Roberts
1 1

2,663 posts in this topic

At LBCC, Skybound sold out 2pm, only one dealer at the con sold the issue @ $25 each.

And thats a fair price. (thumbs u

The dealer makes some money, but they are not gouging their customer base. Customers will return because they dont feel like they are ripped off down the road.

Some on here should take note. :makepoint: Its not always about how much you can make off one issue.

Edited by Fastballspecial

At LBCC, Skybound sold out 2pm, only one dealer at the con sold the issue @ $25 each.

The dealer makes some money, but they are not gouging their customer base. Customers will return because they dont feel like they are ripped off down the road.

Some on here should take note. :makepoint: Its not always about how much you can make off one issue.

Someone on here wanted $100/copy. I passed on that price! I'm glad to hear not everyone price gouges!

I love the irony of hearing all the people on here who talk about retailer price gouging when they are the ones hoarding mediocre Image number 1's to stifle supply, then talk them up on the boards to create a false demand and then sell them at unnaturally inflated prices.

The hypocrisy is astounding!

Using the term price gouging on non-essential items sounds funny.

Charging 10 a gallon of water in a disaster area is price gouging.

Charging a high profit margin for a comic book is not lol.

Exactly!

It's one thing to set a price. It's quite another to complete a sale.

Sellers set price, buyers determine value.

I love the irony of hearing all the people on here who talk about retailer price gouging when they are the ones hoarding mediocre Image number 1's to stifle supply, then talk them up on the boards to create a false demand and then sell them at unnaturally inflated prices.

Sour-Grapes-Central.jpg

(:

-slym

I got two copies of this book. Both variants. Don't know where he got retailers out that discussion.

Go cry somewhere else.

Edited by Fastballspecial

Someone on here wanted $100/copy. I passed on that price! I'm glad to hear not everyone price gouges!

I got the point others just missed it.

I got two copies of this book. Both variants. Don't know where he got retailers out that discussion.

Go cry somewhere else.

Internet tough guy and a comic nerd? Nice combo! :facepalm:

Go cry somewhere else.

Internet tough guy and a comic nerd? Nice combo! :facepalm:

Me an internet tough guy? Please...

Comic Nerd? Yeah I got no problem with that title.

I repeat just go cry somewhere else maybe someone will listen.

I was going to wait for Thanksgiving so I could say I was thankful for this Manifest Destiny #1 OA from Matt Roberts, but if I wait that long, this thread will have been thoroughly hijacked...

So, an early Happy Thanksgiving to you all, and be sure give thanks that our Founding Fathers sent Lewis and Clark out into the nation's unchartered frontier to check for monsters.

pg 1

IMG_4654_zps04a18825.jpg

pg 2

IMG_4655_zps4cc7cccb.jpg

pg 6 (if you haven't yet read this book, well, this is somewhat of a spoiler, but its in the previews anyway)

IMG_4656_zpsd4163fc5.jpg