• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Manifest Destiny - Skybound - Chris Dingess, Matthew Roberts
1 1

2,663 posts in this topic

I won that one. Had a hard time passing up that price since I'm still in the market for 1-2 raw copies. I'm sure low feedback scared everyone away. Hopefully it shows up in good shape :)

When did you start collecting MD out of curiosity? and what drew you to the series?

I bought my first couple of #1's towards the middle/end of January. My room mate's brother is a collector and had picked it up and was blown away by the art, story, ect. I was really impressed after reading #1 and #2 as well. The story seemed pretty original to me, and I'm a sucker for historical fiction.

I had 4 #1 first prints, and 2 #1 Ottley variants when I joined the boards. I saw that a lot of people thought that it may continue to pick up steam, and since my last "speculator buy" had been a bust due to all my Sheltered #1's arriving dinged up, I thought why not and started buying quite a few more. I'm just hoping for 1 or 2 more 9.8 candidates before I send in a box for grading.

Just curious, why do you ask?

I ask, because unlike most of the people who talk the book up here, but are only selling, you are actually buying.

sellers have to buy books too, they don't magically get them for free.

MANIFEST DESTINY #7 will be available on 6/11 for $2.99 and you can order it now with Diamond Code: APR140575. The Silvestri/McFarlane variant cover can be pre-ordered with Diamond Code MAR148175. Final orders are due from retailers on 5/19.

For those who didn't click on the link in a previous page.

Edited by krighton

never know I suppose. I guess the concrete way to order it is the Diamond order code I posted. Trying to see if DCBS will order it. They're not very user friendly at times, plus their variants are overpriced.

SS first oppurtunity will be at SDCC as Silvestri will be there, McFarlane might be a little tougher as he doesn't do many shows, and in the summer he coachs his kids baseball team. He may drop by SDCC, unannouced.

unlike most of the people who talk the book up here, but are only selling, you are actually buying.

:applause:

-slym

I was just checking out the LBCC sketch variant, and looking at it closely I noticed a hand sticking out with webbed fingers. It looks like the creature from the black lagoon, or at least his hand. Now that's got me to wondering when this creature will make an appearance! We just got a look at Audry 2 in #6 and big frogs and insects are coming very soon, so I'm stoked to see what all these guys have to fight. Did I mention this book is awesome! Take a close look at the sketch cover and see what you can find, it's very interesting. Plus you can see more with it being black and white. Cheers!

unlike most of the people who talk the book up here, but are only selling, you are actually buying.

-slym

:banana:

-slym

:banana:

Everybody clap your hands....

I got lucky today and picked a 1,2,3 off the comic shelf for cover price!!!

we had another ecstatic collector pick up a number one a few weeks ago at cover, needless to say, he did not remain ecstatic for too long.

Nope still ecstatic, do not know why the other one isn't. Mine were first prints (already have a set in my collection as this is one of my monthly pulls.) I flipped it for close to $40 with an offer of $17 for #2 and an offer of $13 for 3. Not bad for $8.97 out of pocket.

I won that one. Had a hard time passing up that price since I'm still in the market for 1-2 raw copies. I'm sure low feedback scared everyone away. Hopefully it shows up in good shape :)

When did you start collecting MD out of curiosity? and what drew you to the series?

I bought my first couple of #1's towards the middle/end of January. My room mate's brother is a collector and had picked it up and was blown away by the art, story, ect. I was really impressed after reading #1 and #2 as well. The story seemed pretty original to me, and I'm a sucker for historical fiction.

I had 4 #1 first prints, and 2 #1 Ottley variants when I joined the boards. I saw that a lot of people thought that it may continue to pick up steam, and since my last "speculator buy" had been a bust due to all my Sheltered #1's arriving dinged up, I thought why not and started buying quite a few more. I'm just hoping for 1 or 2 more 9.8 candidates before I send in a box for grading.

Just curious, why do you ask?

I ask, because unlike most of the people who talk the book up here, but are only selling, you are actually buying.

You either missed his point or are very naïve about books here and in other threads. While there is a lot of love for some books here, don't kid yourself to think some are here for the love of the book. They have a highly vested monetary interest in the success of the book.

There is nothing wrong with this inherently. Just to pretend that both manipulation, speculation, and vested interest don't have a strong part in this thread is just well naïve. Money brings all that in sadly.

You can hate all you want on CBT, but there is quite a bit of truth in what he has been saying. Most just hate to admit that they are part of that truth.

Edited by Fastballspecial