• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Manifest Destiny - Skybound - Chris Dingess, Matthew Roberts
1 1

2,663 posts in this topic

Changing the subject. lol

I was looking at completed auctions I had been watching and this 1 caught my eye because it went cheaper than I expected it to so I looked to see why. I don't know why but if you look at the description it calls this cover a 1:15 variant. Any credence to that ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Manifest-Destiny-1-Ryan-Ottley-Variant-/291120811372?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item43c8270d6c

I was looking at completed auctions I had been watching and this 1 caught my eye because it went cheaper than I expected it to so I looked to see why. I don't know why but if you look at the description it calls this cover a 1:15 variant. Any credence to that ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Manifest-Destiny-1-Ryan-Ottley-Variant-/291120811372?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item43c8270d6c

Well, that would put it below the 15% mark a lot of people thought this book had of the total print run... that's closer to 7%!

hm

-slym

are you saying the one or two shill auctions(still no proof of that) have led tothe success of this book and the continued sustained and rising prices this book is getting?

I removed the bait switch, and stuck to the valid question you have here.

The prices were constant and consistent, then the several shill auctions occurred. Prices spiked. I am not "saying" it, it happened, no matter what people say (and its documented in this thread).

But, your question was about "sustained and rising"

The answer is NO, i did not say that. (the strikeout stuff so obviously not said as to not warrant a reply).

If you re-read what I said, I said I am glad that it got the "train out of the station for you guys". Got the ball rollin' if you prefer. The expression is pretty straight forward, and definitely none of the things you said in your comment.

it's also being sold by someone with low feedback and a meh picture.

I thought the Ottley cover was a second cover added very late in the game (i.e. after initial orders for the regular cover were already put in), so there really is no way to put a ratio on it.

I don't know if any minimum order requirements were put on it (you have to buy 10 to get 1) or if it was really just an alternate cover shops could order if they were really on top of their orders.

I thought the Ottley cover was a second cover added very late in the game (i.e. after initial orders for the regular cover were already put in), so there really is no way to put a ratio on it.

I don't know if any minimum order requirements were put on it (you have to buy 10 to get 1) or if it was really just an alternate cover shops could order if they were really on top of their orders.

None of the local stores in my area got the Ottley Variant. I ordered mine from midtown the wed it was released after I had read it.

I won that one. Had a hard time passing up that price since I'm still in the market for 1-2 raw copies. I'm sure low feedback scared everyone away. Hopefully it shows up in good shape :)

I won that one. Had a hard time passing up that price since I'm still in the market for 1-2 raw copies. I'm sure low feedback scared everyone away. Hopefully it shows up in good shape :)

Low feedback wouldn't scare me. Bad feedback with 18 transactions ? Then I would be gone. lol

...it was really just an alternate cover shops could order if they were really on top of their orders.

This is what I keep hearing.

-slym

How is the being argued? Its fact that diamond only announced the cover a week before final orders were due and that many comic book stores do not utilize computers or e-mail alerts.

I don't think anyone is arguing. Everyone knows the Ottley cover is small percentage of the regular cover. What no-one knows is exactly what that percentage is, and there are many theories.

:shrug:

-slym