• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers 2: Age of Ultron - Seriously

2,574 posts in this topic

I just got a chance to see this on Wednesday. I didn't care for the few scenes where Ultron cracks jokes, and something about the movie just didn't have the same impact as the fist Avengers, but overall it was a very enjoyable film. I did very much enjoy the Iron Man/Hulk fight.

I'm still not getting it. I think it's the Marvel formula that made me leave comics. Pump enuff mindless mush out there, and the people will follow. It still amazes me when I have to explain my disappointment in a marvel blockbuster to those that were not brought up on the classics. Maybe that's why I enjoy the 2nd/3rd tier movies/shows that are coming out. They seem to be more accurate to what I knew. Let's go ahead and make a psychotic robot more human. Wolverine is now six foot plus tall and gets sent back in time instead of Kitty. The Mandarin? Still really ticked off after all this time. The build up to a supposed Thanos showdown still makes me wonder why Galactus was a cloud? My God! Shouldn't the Eater Of Worlds be just as prevalent? I know it's a different studio, but there's enough cash to go around. rantrant

I'm still not getting it. I think it's the Marvel formula that made me leave comics. Pump enuff mindless mush out there, and the people will follow. It still amazes me when I have to explain my disappointment in a marvel blockbuster to those that were not brought up on the classics. Maybe that's why I enjoy the 2nd/3rd tier movies/shows that are coming out. They seem to be more accurate to what I knew. Let's go ahead and make a psychotic robot more human. Wolverine is now six foot plus tall and gets sent back in time instead of Kitty. The Mandarin? Still really ticked off after all this time. The build up to a supposed Thanos showdown still makes me wonder why Galactus was a cloud? My God! Shouldn't the Eater Of Worlds be just as prevalent? I know it's a different studio, but there's enough cash to go around. rantrant

Just to be clear you're not this blonde chick...

I'd forgotten how awesome that shot of Iron Man, Thor and Vision just pounding on Ultron was at the end ...and then Hulk finishing him off mid-sentence,

Honestly, how can anyone not like this movie? It's a real-life comic book playing out in front of you. Isn't that why we're all here? Because we love comic books?

THAT is a comic book pulled right from your 6-year-old imagination.

Awesome.

I'd forgotten how awesome that shot of Iron Man, Thor and Vision just pounding on Ultron was at the end ...and then Hulk finishing him off mid-sentence,

Honestly, how can anyone not like this movie? It's a real-life comic book playing out in front of you. Isn't that why we're all here? Because we love comic books?

Awesome.

+100000000000000

Awesome.

+100000000000000

I finally saw it and outside of the action scenes everything between them is just meh

:sorry:

Awesome.

+100000000000000

I finally saw it and outside of the action scenes everything between them is just meh

:sorry:

I like the non-action scenes, I like the character development.

I thought the dialogue was awkward. That whole scene with Hawkeye and his family. I don't know maybe I need to watch the movie again. Something is missing in the movie.

I thought the dialogue was awkward. That whole scene with Hawkeye and his family. I don't know maybe I need to watch the movie again. Something is missing in the movie.

The movie's biggest problem, to me, is that it was just a stepping stone to Marvel's next phase.

The movie's biggest problem, to me, is that it was just a stepping stone to Marvel's next phase.

EXACTLY!!!!!!! :pullhair: It's become filler.

EXACTLY!!!!!!! :pullhair: It's become filler.

It was still entertaining though. I don't think there is much difference in quality between it and the first Avengers movie.

http://popcultureuncovered.com/2015/08/31/avengers-age-of-ultron-coming-to-netflix-in-september/

It seems like Netflix wants to compete with Video on Demand services in a big way!

One of the huge early releases of the summer, Avengers: Age of Ultron, will be available for streaming on next Tuesday September 8, 2015

So, what does this mean for those who want it on blu-ray? They will have to wait nearly a month as the blu-ray won’t release until October 2nd.

In a sense however, this is big news for Netflix as most cable services have, in the past few years, gotten the jump by streaming big movies before they become available via Netflix or physical purchase.

http://www.9news.com/story/entertainment/2015/08/29/heres-whats-coming--netflix--september/71398324/

Available 9/8/15

Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)