• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers 2: Age of Ultron - Seriously

2,574 posts in this topic

I liked Ultron in the movie, though I agree that his origin was rushed.

I really liked the scene where Ultron was 'created' and subsequently 'killed' Jarvis. But as has been said, a lot of his motivation (ie, why does he hate Stark so much, why kill the human race?) was either rushed or omitted.

I took it that all the information he got from the Internet was what made him hate Stark and humanity.

I really liked the scene where Ultron was 'created' and subsequently 'killed' Jarvis. But as has been said, a lot of his motivation (ie, why does he hate Stark so much, why kill the human race?) was either rushed or omitted.

I took it that all the information he got from the Internet was what made him hate Stark and humanity.

If that were true surely he would have targeted the Kardashians first.

If that were true surely he would have targeted the Kardashians first.

Second on his list.

I think a lot of the complaints may be fixed with the already-announced Directors Cut with about 40 extra minutes of movie that they cut for time reasons for the theatrical release. I have a feeling you'll get a lot more of the development & emotional stakes-raising with that extra time.

I'm at least curious to see if it fixes the pacing & character development issues that I found with the movie and makes the movie feel like it was less of a collection of cool action scenes. The way it was edited, it gives the film a little bit too much Michael Bay "blow stuff up. Blow stuff up. IT'S BEEN 3 MINUTES, BLOW SOMETHING UP!" feeling.

Wish we could get a GotG Director's Cut. :cloud9:

I think a lot of the complaints may be fixed with the already-announced Directors Cut with about 40 extra minutes of movie that they cut for time reasons for the theatrical release. I have a feeling you'll get a lot more of the development & emotional stakes-raising with that extra time.

I'm at least curious to see if it fixes the pacing & character development issues that I found with the movie and makes the movie feel like it was less of a collection of cool action scenes. The way it was edited, it gives the film a little bit too much Michael Bay "blow stuff up. Blow stuff up. IT'S BEEN 3 MINUTES, BLOW SOMETHING UP!" feeling.

Wish we could get a GotG Director's Cut. :cloud9:

A GotG Director's Cut would be my favorite thing ever. I already watch that movie about once every other week. I'd be watching it daily. It would be my "ok, bedtime. Time to turn on GotG again" like I was a 4 year old that needed to watch Mr Rogers before his nap.

Or, if the pacing and character development issues continue it could make it worse.......

Joss Whedon Says No Avengers: Age of Ultron Director's Cut

Speaking to fans at Nerd HQ (as reported by Collider) during Comic Con, Whedon said he was determined to never do a director's cut - despite the fact the original Ultron cut had an extra 30 minutes on it.

"It has always been my ambition never to do a director’s cut of anything", said Whedon, "and always to make the movie with the studio that we both want to make."

Ultron was very complex. There was a lot of back-and-forth. My instinct is no. Just as an artist, I’m super f*cking lazy and that sounds like it would be hard", Whedon joked.

"I don’t think there’s interest in it, right now. You’ll see a bunch of stuff on the DVD in extras that were meant to be there. But the narrative came together very close to the way that I hoped it would, and I don’t think it needs me to constantly tweak it."

Whedon said that the film was one of the most "ridiculously personal things" he'd ever put on screen, and was pleased with the final cut regardless of the pain it took to get there.

"The fact that Marvel gave me that opportunity and supported it, I’m very happy and very proud of everybody that worked on it. I don’t feel the need to go in and fix. I feel like, there she is."

:frustrated:

That pretty much directly contradicts what Kevin Feige said prior to the release that they left 40 minutes on the editing room floor that would be on an extended DVD release. I really don't know who to believe at this point. Maybe Feige told him "do it" and Joss is just saying "look, I said I was done after the movie, so I'm done" and they're presently just arguing about doing the thing his boss is telling him to by arguing that he doesn't work there anymore.

Still wondering why Quicksliver let himself die so easily-he's so fast he could have easily picked up something to shield himself from the bullets or grabbed Hockeye and the kid and moved em away from danger.

The plot. Ultron. Spader. RDJ. Hawkeye. Widow. The guy who plays Banner. That the Hulk looks like him. No Thanos. Waiting a decade to see the Avengers fight Thanos has become a lot to ask.

The plot. Ultron. Spader. RDJ. Hawkeye. Widow. The guy who plays Banner. That the Hulk looks like him. No Thanos. Waiting a decade to see the Avengers fight Thanos has become a lot to ask.

Standard comic book story.

Good.

Good.

Good.

Great.

Great.

Great.

Weird.

Don't care.

Don't care.