• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers 2: Age of Ultron - Seriously

2,574 posts in this topic

Finally saw the movie this weekend. Echo the posts of some of you that said it was pretty much more of the same (as the first one).

Too long.

Liked The Vision. Good addition. Ultron was just OK (Loki far superior). Thought the moving mouth was a bit goofy.

Could do without the Banner/Widow romance angle and the Hawkeye stuff.

Get to the cosmic stuff already.

7/10 - Decent popcorn flick, but I was expecting more. Didn't think it would top the first one, but I don't even rank this one in the Top 3 Marvel movies.

On the flip side, movies were one of the fewer entertainment options. Since there wasn't Internet or tv on demand, what else were you gonna do?

From the Great Depression to WW II, in addition to attending movies...

WrSl5NQ.png

Looks like more fun than being a slave to a smartphone or internet all day!

(thumbs u

Although all markets are going full-steam with this movie, the overseas market is massively taking to this movie.

6IXURsT.png

It is now #6 for all-time largest worldwide box office take, and climbing.

rEbIep2.png

:applause:

will crawl over $450MM US and not catch FF7 unless Japan is 3x Avengers

So it looks like FF7 will be the 2015 big winner, unless the new Star Wars movie does better than projected.

hm

Although all markets are going full-steam with this movie, the overseas market is massively taking to this movie.

6IXURsT.png

It is now #6 for all-time largest worldwide box office take, and climbing.

rEbIep2.png

:applause:

will crawl over $450MM US and not catch FF7 unless Japan is 3x Avengers

So it looks like FF7 will be the 2015 big winner, unless the new Star Wars movie does better than projected.

hm

Why do you say that? Avengers AOU has only run for a month - odds are it still has at the very least another whole month left. It just came off of a $27 M week, slightly less than a week behind the first movie which ran for over 3 months. At this point, I'd imagine Furious 7 is done.

And I think Star Wars is going to crush everyone.

Although if you adjusted for inflation, and compared similar dollar value...

SyWVe5b.png

:applause: I love all the work you do for these posts, Bosco.

I'd like to add, whenever I see charts that account for inflation it makes me think there may be other factors to consider as well, even though they would be tough to quantify.

Gone with the Wind didn't have to compete with TV for evening entertainment, and movies like Star Wars and such didn't have all the other competition for the entertainment dollar that modern movies have, such as video games and home theater systems, etc.

Gone with the Wind also didn't screen on 4000+ movie theaters and have the population we have today to help it.

Avengers Age of Ultron moved past Harry Potter for the #5 position, creeping up on Furious 7 for the #4 position.

Will it make it? :grin:

It will definitely be close, we wont know the final tally until late July. It has done VERY well.. good for the hobby and future comic movies. : )

Avengers Age of Ultron moved past Harry Potter for the #5 position, creeping up on Furious 7 for the #4 position.

Will it make it? :grin:

no chance unless AoU does 3X what Avengers did in Japan.

I have to agree.

- The Avengers box office final (Japan): $45,256,010

- Iron Man 3 box office final (Japan): $25,185,661

- Captain America: The Winter Soldier box office final (Japan): $6,628,830

- Guardians of the Galaxy box office final (Japan): $9,504,440

Japan has been a big contributor to Marvel movie final results. But it would have to exceed what has been the norm in order to explode ahead.

But still, AoU is delivering incredible numbers overall which probably has Disney executives clicking their heels over their 2009 decision to buy that 'little comic book company'.

I saw it for my third time tonight. We took my son to see it. We'd been telling him that the Big Iron Man movie came out in the summer so for months anytime summer was mentioned he brought up the movie. We got him the Hulkbuster lego set a few months ago and he loves it. One of the few sets that has remained mostly intact. I've improvised a bit with pieces, but for the most part it looks mostly the same.

It was his fist movie. He wanted to leave by the time the trailers were over- I think they intimidated him a bit. Once he saw the Avengers though he was hooked, for the most part. It was a lot of fun hearing him cheer every time he saw another hero. He got really excited to see War Machine at the end. Then he talked about Vision the whole way home.

A few things:

1) I still enjoy the movie, but I do see what people are talking about with things missing in the story. I really hope they release a director's cut down the road.

2) We kept joking we'd be alone in the theater. That wasn't the case at all. It was pretty crowded. It was also a really animated crowd that really got into it. The guy behind me lit up when he saw Stan Lee.

Hopefully my son will want to go to more movies. Star Wars should be an incredible experience.