• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers 2: Age of Ultron - Seriously

2,574 posts in this topic

I liked the movie well enough, but if I had to be honest with myself, there was definitely things I did not like. First off, the original cast was great. The banter was fun. But, the movie didn't have much in the way of a story and the villain was a complete let down after all the hype that was given to the character. The creepiness we got from the trailer just didn't show up on the screen. Ultron was a mixture of every robot character Hollywood has done in the past 10 years including General Grievous, the Transformers, etc.. Why would a mechanical being's mouth move like this one did in the movie when that being was based on Iron Man's armor? Iron Man's mouth doesn't move and a static mouth could have been creepier IMHO.

I like Wanda and Peitro well enough, but when Peitro died (I am assuming he died based on Wanda's reaction and his not being on the newly formed Avengers team), I just didn't care. That is pretty typical of most Hollywood blockbusters of this type however; they do not do anything to build up the characters so you really care what happens to them. I would have cared if Hawkeye died however, since that character did get reasonable development time. It reminds me greatly of the huge missed opportunity in Man Of Steel when Clark's dad died.

The ending felt like a mashup of the first Avengers, Iron Man 2, and Iron Man 3. There has to be another way to end a superhero movie besides an all out battle. My wife said the destruction reminder her of Man Of Steel, so I guess we can throw that into the mashup as well.

Overall, an entertaining movie, but I got a lot of "been there, done that" vibe from this one. And not just because of the first Avengers, but because many of these superhero movies are started to be too formulaic. Hopefully the next superhero blockbuster Marvel delivers breaks from this all out battle ending and gives us something different.

This one just didn't have the same heart as Guardians of the Galaxy. In GOTG, I cheered for the characters. In this movie, I watched, but felt like I've seen this all before. The best parts of this movie were the "quiet" scenes, like when they were sitting around trying to lift Thor's hammer. I liked Vision as well.

I hate more than half the cast.

I'm trying to figure out who there is not to like. Hawkeye was the only one I wasn't crazy about but in this one he became a great character to me. I've been so exposed to these actors as these characters for so long I can't see anybody playing anybody else ever again.

Jim

Hmmmmm.

Hawkeye - too old, looks like his face has been squashed

Ironman - too old and no sparkle

Black Widow - really embaressing, like yea you got a great bum, we get it

Hulk - poor CGI and kinda a , also Ruffalo got fat

Quicksilver - rubbish compared to the X-men version

Nick Fury - Acted like someone's grandad

Hawkeyes 'family' - shoved in for no reason

Hate is a strong word, but I'm sure not feeling the love.

Thank you.

Saturday drop off in ticket sales must be due to Kentucky derby
And the Mayweather fight. Combination probably sucked 50 million out of Avengers opening weekend. Next weekend will probably be an unusually strong Week 2 number.

Saw the avengers Friday night and should have just seen it again yesterday but instead paid $100 to see that BRUTAL fight. Scar Jo looked really nice in that tight outfit of hers. The movie is pretty average. I just don't get why Thanos is not playing bigger role - cameos in both films???

I'm more looking forward to Thor 3, Captain Marvel, and GOTG 2 to get my cosmic marvel fix.

^ They are just drawing out the anticipation with Thanos *yawn* That doesn't work for me, it doesn't get me any more excited to see the next one, tbh.

I did enjoy the movie but it needed less romance and more Scar Jo lol

The comedy was spot on, improved over the last one (not that Av1 wasn't funny) that scene at the bar with Thor sweating bullets after Cap'n may have nudged the hammer got me rollin'!. I thought the minions were a little too easy to destroy though, I mean they are an iron man mark essentially, right? So that was, meh... I did get the feeling that it bordered on being a Michael Bay film, almost too much over the top action, almost. They tried to balance it out with some romance and comedy and did a good job there. Overall though, I really enjoyed it just about as much as the first one (thumbs u

Jerome

I hate more than half the cast.

I'm trying to figure out who there is not to like. Hawkeye was the only one I wasn't crazy about but in this one he became a great character to me. I've been so exposed to these actors as these characters for so long I can't see anybody playing anybody else ever again.

Jim

Hmmmmm.

Hawkeye - too old, looks like his face has been squashed

Ironman - too old and no sparkle

Black Widow - really embaressing, like yea you got a great bum, we get it

Hulk - poor CGI and kinda a , also Ruffalo got fat

Quicksilver - rubbish compared to the X-men version

Nick Fury - Acted like someone's grandad

Hawkeyes 'family' - shoved in for no reason

Hate is a strong word, but I'm sure not feeling the love.

Thank you.

You wanted a twilight style sparkly iron man too?

Saw it this afternoon and enjoyed the hell out of it. For 2.5 hours I was 10 years old again. Thanks, Marvel.

It's interesting that Vision is a gem holder. Is Warlock off the table now?

Vision's introduction could be a warlock-type origin - artificial life, chamber / cocoon + infinity gem. After vision lifted Thor's hammer, I thought to myself that he could be the "warlock" of the MCU - who knows (shrug)

I think once the bearer / location of the soul gem is revealed, we'll get a better idea whether warlock will be in films or not.

Saw it this afternoon and enjoyed the hell out of it. For 2.5 hours I was 10 years old again. Thanks, Marvel.

It's interesting that Vision is a gem holder. Is Warlock off the table now?

Vision's introduction could be a warlock-type origin - artificial life, chamber / cocoon + infinity gem. After vision lifted Thor's hammer, I thought to myself that he could be the "warlock" of the MCU - who knows (shrug)

I think once the bearer / location of the soul gem is revealed, we'll get a better idea whether warlock will be in films or not.

I'll agree with this. Will be interesting to see how Thanos kills Vision to gain the infinity gem....

It was absolutely fantastic. Liked it so much better than the first one.

Movie was better than I expected due to some neutral reviews. Surprised in a good way that the Scarlet Witch was in so many scenes. No Dr. Donald Blake anywhere in the Thor movie mythology? wtf?

It was absolutely fantastic. Liked it so much better than the first one.

Movie was better than I expected due to some neutral reviews. Surprised in a good way that the Scarlet Witch was in so many scenes. No Dr. Donald Blake anywhere in the Thor movie mythology? wtf?

Rewatch Thor 1...