• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers 2: Age of Ultron - Seriously

2,574 posts in this topic

Yes I agree it was a good movie. The vision stole the show overall.

Such wonderful humor made it great too.

Almost a Korvac moment with Ultron too for you old timers like me. With IM, Vision and Thor all at once.

Its worth the price of admission. I would recommend a matinee the only other night film I would watch will be SW.

We are waiting for dvd for this one. total cost for my whole family to go to theater is close to $100 and the kids aren't as interested in superheroes (unless its TMNT) right now.

Glad everyone here is having fun!

reviews aren't great. its time for you guys with shares to make multiple accouts and spam film critic sites..lol

Unless you're the Duggars try to make it. Sneak in some bulk sale candy and just try to swing tickets without the overpriced treats. Don't miss this movie. I could actually feel my inner 12 year old smile watching this movie. It's really that good

The wife and I just got back from seeing it the first time, there will definitely be a second, most likely tomorrow. :) I loved it, she may have loved it even more. I will say, the scene at the end with the entire team taking on the Ultron swarm...that's the stuff my child comic book dreams where made of. I cannot tell you how happy and in awe I was as I watched that unfold on screen...my eight year old self could barely contain the excitement. Well done Mr. Whedon, and a big thank you.

Thanks Chip. I know I didn't really mention the action sequences. They were as good as the original with a couple that actually topped it. The action choreography and cinematography in both was truly exceptional. Those were action sequences I really looked forward too.

The Hulk action scenes were phenomenal! :cloud9:

"Go to sleep....Go to sleep."

I just got back. Loved it! Maybe like the first just a tad more. But the battle scenes were a-may-zing! It looked like a double-page splash at the end!

LIked what they did with Hawkeye's character. Vision stole the show. Wanda was awesome. Quicksilver was ok. I liked the Quicksilver version X-Men: Days of Future Past better.

Stark was more of a d-bag and downplayed. Which was ok by me.

Will prob see it again!

Something dawned on me tonight after seeing it for a 2nd time: Chip hit this in his response, but Marvel is almost training people on how to read a comic, or in this case, translate a comic book into a movie. They're throwing out the old rules about being tight & neat in their storytelling & showing that when it comes to interconnected universe movies, you can be a little messy & do some set-up (unlike how they did it in Iron Man 2) in the quiet moments for future movies, while still serving this film & relating back to other movies that came before.

This was like watching a comic. Oh, bring in the co-stars from other movies as both set for future Avengers movies but also for future solo movies & talk about what's been going on since the last solo movie. It's not neat & clean & tight in some of those moments, but it's important for universe building without being a 2-hour trailer for the next solo or team-up movie. In fact, I'm actually appreciating all the effort they did in sacrificing the narrative of Iron Man 2 to reach Avengers without needing to waste time in Avengers doing that same building.

Just got back from a late showing. Definitely a great movie, but not as good as the first. It really did feel like it lacked some of the charm of the first film. I didn't enjoy the story, villain, or humor as much either. I was hoping for more Hulk Smash as well, but there never seems to be enough of that anyway. I will say this, Scarlet Witch was incredible!

Early Weekend Projections: 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Could Set Single Day Record, Tentatively Pacing for Record $220-225M Weekend

Based on these early reports, suggesting an opening day of $90 million or more (which could be a record if it tops the final Harry Potter's $91 million first day), BoxOffice is currently projecting an opening weekend around $220-225 million.

Friday Update #1: Disney reports that Avengers: Age of Ultron took in a massive $27.6 million from Thursday night's first shows, giving it the highest pre-Friday debut any film has seen since the Twilight finale in November 2012.

(worship) GREAT MOVIE!!! (worship)

Overall 4.9 out of 5 stars.

(Minus .1 for not enough cameos, I can't get enough of the extra subtle Easter eggs.)

Would of loved to see Black Panther, Ant Man, Ms. Marvel, etc...

Yeah it was cool they threw in Klaw easter egg but where's T'CHALLA!!!

Other than that it was a fantastic movie.

Well worth my hard earned money.

WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! :whee:

I had seen every preview, watched a ton of interviews, read a bunch of reviews with and without spoilers and I still thoroughly enjoyed the movie.

NOTES:

War Machine played by Don Cheadle works. lol (Boom you lookin for this?!?)

XMen Quicksilver was better but this guy ain't too shabby either. (thumbs u

Wish there was more of Vision. :headbang:

Ultron was a better character than I expected just wish he was more formidable. :sumo:

The leading & supporting ladies in this movie are all HOT!!! :banana:

Long movie = Small drink (you have been warned) :popcorn:

Part of me still can't believe I'm watching my childhood comic book heroes on the big screen, and they don't suck!!!

BRING IT ON MARVEL!!!

EXCELSIOR!!!

I thought the movie was funny & fun. I don't fault the movie for one-liners, a heavy reliance on formula, bombast, excess, or any of that. This is the kind of movie that must have that stuff. It's Avengers 2, it can't be bloated enough.

Here were my problems with the movie [mostly fanboy related so of no real consequence to the film's success]:

1) I needed a clearer Hulk victory vs Stark.

2) Vision's hilarious but unexpected ability to meet the worthy challenge.

3) Vision & Ultron being Stark's story, not Pym's & Wonder Man's.

4) Vision with a stone?

5) The movie seemed too pale or washed-out in palette.

6) Ultron's mouth when he spoke was dumb & funny.

Some notes:

1) Never really thought of being an Avenger as light hearted and fun. I think they need to tone back the Stark doosh-baggery.

2) Would like to see an Avengers mansion. Always liked the old place.

3)

Thought Ultron ans Vision were too human.

4) I think it's time for a 'new' Nick Fury. Sam Jackson looking a little long in the tooth.

While I loved Avengers Part 1 you have to be a completely stupid boardie if....

You still think Avengers Part 2 didn't just blow Avengers 1 away. For once the general audience is smarter than the posts in this thread. The villain was ten times better. I took my friends 3 kids (15, 8, 6) and they all said how much fun they had. The 6 year old boy was talking about Vision and Thanos in vivid detail after the movie. So yeah our back issues are safe in our lifetime as the entire movie theater was filled children under 15.

What in the hell is the matter with some of you that you still think Avengers 1 was still better. It makes me have violent thoughts towards some of you and how either jaded you have become or too damn old to have a clue of what you just saw.

The cut scene alone was perfect! At the end of the movie the entire movie theater clapped in enjoyment. Plus this was a Philly theater which is a tough pleasing crowd to begin with.

Avengers 2 > Avengers 1....it is not even close!

Saw it last night and it was great! I might even go see it again with friends who missed it this weekend but this time in 3D and I rarely do that.

I never understood the need for some people to try and tear down other opinions on movies. No one is right or wrong. It's just what you prefer is all. Never understood why some people get so butthurt over it.

I loved them both but I thought Avengers 1 had a better story but Avengers 2 had more action and for me that is what superhero movies are about, action.

You still think Avengers Part 2 didn't just blow Avengers 1 away. For once the general audience is smarter than the posts in this thread. The villain was ten times better. I took my friends 3 kids (15, 8, 6) and they all said how much fun they had. The 6 year old boy was talking about Vision and Thanos in vivid detail after the movie. So yeah our back issues are safe in our lifetime as the entire movie theater was filled children under 15.

What in the hell is the matter with some of you that you still think Avengers 1 was still better. It makes me have violent thoughts towards some of you and how either jaded you have become or too damn old to have a clue of what you just saw.

The cut scene alone was perfect! At the end of the movie the entire movie theater clapped in enjoyment. Plus this was a Philly theater which is a tough pleasing crowd to begin with.

You're absolutely right. The opinion of three children under the age of fifteen should matter more. Thank you for opening my eyes. I guess the fact that the whole storyline is skewed from the original is pointless. Burn the books, rewrite history.

^^

Best post I read in this forum in a long time.