• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How did you come up with your forum name and avatar?
4 4

453 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Bird said:

around 1990 I was living with a college friend. He had prodigy internet service. We played online golf of some sort. I did not relish choosing a user name so I would just punch the keyboard. Shortly thereafter the punch resulted in the letters fedres coming up. I enjoyed that as my golf user id, senor fedres! Like ChiChi I guess. So thereafter I was fedres, for prodigy golf and for anything else online including ebay. When I joined this forum, which was well after college and I was in my late 30s or even early 40s, I hesitated and did not use fedres. I decided to reclaim my identity from before college, where I was always known as bird. Even my mother called me bird until I left for college and I never gave that name to my college friends as you don't give yourself a nickname in most cases. It is just bad form. But I wanted to be bird again. So here I am...bird. I like it. I am still fedres on many online places but not here. Here I am my true self...bird.

your the Bird, long live the Bird, it's for the BIRDS!!!

6 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

your the Bird, long live the Bird, it's for the BIRDS!!!

yes I noticed that there seemed to be an absence of a certain ornithological piece, regarding mass awareness of a certain avian variety.

Csaag is just the first letter of the first name of everyone in the family.  Sat at at the keyboard several years ago trying to come up with a login name for Yahoo.   Switched my avatar from the basic silouett when the Godzilla movie was getting PR.  Big 'zilla fan from my younger days watching him on Sat mornings creature feature.

I came up with the name Lionsdenbooks many years ago when I decided to start buying and selling books on a more serious basis. I've always had a certain fondness for them, and my astrological sign is Leo, so it just seemed to fit. I found this picture of a rather friendly looking lion and felt it was a good choice for my avatar.   

3 minutes ago, The Lions Den said:

I came up with the name Lionsdenbooks many years ago when I decided to start buying and selling books on a more serious basis. I've always had a certain fondness for them, and my astrological sign is Leo, so it just seemed to fit. I found this picture of a rather friendly looking lion and felt it was a good choice for my avatar.   

i thought maybe your name was Daniel :foryou: 

On 9/19/2017 at 3:32 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

guess it's time for me to chime in lol

I wanted something that had to do with Wolverine and it is the first thing that popped in my head, and it just happen to be available, which was surprising to me.

I did laugh after I got to the "t" and said nah nah let's be serious an focus, @AdamAnt, WHICH is why I laughed when I saw that as a user name recently with a new boardie. :) 

The Avatar is up for interpretation, I don't feel it "needs" to line up with my name, which is why I had Harley Quinn trying to seduce the Joker when I first signed up lol 

8077af45daba498a7fa00a31a5ba39b0--joker-

AH GOOD TIMES AND IT'S NEARLY BEEN A YEAR 

man! i wrote this? lol 

When I was in the can we used to do volunteer work and I used to slick my hair back and get all dolled up to go into the community so one of the COs called me Hollywood

And the 1892

Is Liverpool FCs inception

Just stuck

Not much to look at

But whateverlol

I'm grateful to be able to chat it up on here with some great names and great stories to tell.:foryou:

Edited by Hollywood1892

On 11/11/2018 at 8:45 AM, comicdonna said:

Our boat is our home away from home.  My wife and I purchased it about 17 years ago.  Before we even got married.  It will be 40 years old in a few months.  I just refinished the Teak on the back earlier this year.  It's our pride and joy.  I use it as my avatar to remind me of it, and the fun times it has given us.  When it was in upstate NY, we would take it down to the Hudson to NYCC.  Sleeps up to six and has everything an average house would have, with the exception of a washer and dryer.  

100_0739.jpg

100_0747.jpg

100_0746.jpg

100_0743.jpg

Man

That is sweet!

13 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
14 hours ago, The Lions Den said:

lol  Truth be told, it's John, but everyone calls me Johnny...

My first name is John too! ce la vie :whee: 

Who knew, Mark...

Done this a few times over the years but here it is again:

I’ve been a Phish fan since 94 and my favorite rifle caliber is 308 Winchester. My avatars have changed or returned a handful times since 08. Current one is the logo of the Spanish bespoke shotgun & rifle maker, Aguirre y Aranzabal - AYA. (yes my likes, passions, hobbies are very eclectic)

Edited by Icculus308win