• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hey mods, why was my comic-related thread locked?

276 posts in this topic

Precedent?

This is a privately owned forum. They can do whatever they want, whenever they want. Right or wrong. ;)

and wouldn't life be interesting for them if we all up an left ...

Half Baked>

My second most favorite movie of all time

Rhetorical question, because I know they won't actually respond.

I'm leaving the boards for a year because the moderation around here is so random, and illogical, that I don't want to find the account I've had here for 11 years banned for some arbitrary reason that is never articulated to me, by a moderation team that holds the unique and all-too-convenient privilege of not having to explain their actions. So really, I'm leaving because I like this community and don't want to get locked out.

And to the people who will just roll their eyes and say "why don't you just behave yourself and not break the rules", you are, as ever, missing the point entirely. I recognize that I brought my previous strikes on myself, but keep it in perspective: I said a word twice that 5 year-olds scream on the playground, and made a comic journal entry saying "I love Spider-Man" while on vacation. If that warrants a ban in your mind, then once again you have missed the point entirely.

Later gents. I can be reached by PM for those who are inclined. :grin:

What the hell is wrong with you mods?

That was nothing but good, clean FUN. There was nothing offensive about it. It wasn't targeting anyone. It wasn't the usual malice that infects this board like a cancer, and to which you turn a blind eye. It was just silly fun.

And you delete it?

There is something SERIOUSLY wrong with the moderation team of this board.

:eyeroll:

Rather than have this thread devolve into another locked thread, I'd rather have a Mod answer the questions.

Is Arch gone?

He's still here and supposed to be working on fixing the formatting for iPad.

But there is about ZERO chance any discussion from mods directly on this point will occur. I wish it were different, but I am convinced that there may simply be too many mods and too many simple mods.

This place made a lot more sense when Arch was running the show & Borock was around to answer our questions....

I'm leaving the boards for a year because the moderation around here is so random, and illogical, that I don't want to find the account I've had here for 11 years banned for some arbitrary reason that is never articulated to me, by a moderation team that holds the unique and all-too-convenient privilege of not having to explain their actions. So really, I'm leaving because I like this community and don't want to get locked out.

And to the people who will just roll their eyes and say "why don't you just behave yourself and not break the rules", you are, as ever, missing the point entirely. I recognize that I brought my previous strikes on myself, but keep it in perspective: I said a word twice that 5 year-olds scream on the playground, and made a comic journal entry saying "I love Spider-Man" while on vacation. If that warrants a ban in your mind, then once again you have missed the point entirely.

That was nothing but good, clean FUN. There was nothing offensive about it. It wasn't targeting anyone. It wasn't the usual malice that infects this board like a cancer, and to which you turn a blind eye. It was just silly fun.

And you delete it?

Don't walk the plank. You are too valuable here COI.

cgcmod12 aka Mikhayla Natadja

sounds hot !

As rumors go, she is said to be from Romania, but on the phone, she totally sounds like she is from Eastern Herzegovina... ;)

So...we gonna have pics posted or what ?

Why?

Because a precedent was set by letting Cal keep his antagonistic inflammatory 'goodbye' thread open for almost nine years.

I think, or I would like to think that in retrospect the mods may realize that there was no real reason to lock the thread.

Precedent?

This is a privately owned forum. They can do whatever they want, whenever they want. Right or wrong. ;)

Peeeeeeeernts.

True... I still don't see it happening based on COI's original post.

:gossip: Give it time.

The night is young.

neg neg neg.

cgcmod12 aka Mikhayla Natadja

sounds hot !

As rumors go, she is said to be from Romania, but on the phone, she totally sounds like she is from Eastern Herzegovina... ;)

Last year, before she lost the weight

382308_160439157439093_688432773_n_zps4d7f3e54.jpg

Your thread was locked because the arsehat "pernts brigade" got it locked.

Each time I read your posts (especially ones like this) and imagine Elvis speaking them out loud… I have to laugh! lol

"Thank you. Thank you very much. "

When it comes down to it, I just don't want to lose my account. I post here for fun and appreciate this community, but it's not fun for me if I have to constantly watch what I say, for fear that it gets misconstrued or taken out of context. So I'm just not gonna post until my strikes expire.

I don't trust the moderation team's reasoning at this point. I can't figure out what they're trying to accomplish, and I'm not going to risk my account.

And you delete it?

Rather than have this thread devolve into another locked thread, I'd rather have a Mod answer the questions.

There was an attempt by Arch a few months back. I think that is all you are gonna get.

The mods are sticking to the playbook of black and white offenses. They have ventured forward a bit with strikes for completely outlandish posting (Cal) but they don't have the tone of the place.

I understand, to a point, locking threads when they are completely derailed but only when it devolves into nastiness. Stupidity and memes are a heck of a lot better than the usual suspects going around and passive/aggressively taking shots at everyone and everything they don't like and getting away with it.

When it comes down to it, I just don't want to lose my account. I post here for fun and appreciate this community, but it's not fun for me if I have to constantly watch what I say, for fear that it gets misconstrued or taken out of context. So I'm just not gonna post until my strikes expire.

I don't trust the moderation team's reasoning at this point. I can't figure out what they're trying to accomplish, and I'm not going to risk my account.

nocutename will miss you.