• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hey mods, why was my comic-related thread locked?

276 posts in this topic

Elvis copied the real blues singers. (tsk)

Elvis may have imitated but some have done worse.

Led Zeppelin plagiarized blues music to the point that they even settled the cases out of court.

From Wikipedia

On Led Zeppelin's album Led Zeppelin II (1969), parts of the song "Bring It On Home" were copied from Sonny Boy Williamson's 1963 recording of "Bring It On Home," written by Willie Dixon. On the same album, "The Lemon Song" included an adaptation of Howlin' Wolf's "Killing Floor." In 1972, Arc Music, the publishing arm of Chess Records, brought a lawsuit against Led Zeppelin for copyright infringement over "Bring It on Home" and "The Lemon Song"; the case was settled out of court for an undisclosed sum.

Led Zeppelin's song "Whole Lotta Love" contained lyrics that were derivative of Willie Dixon's 1962 song "You Need Love." In 1985, Dixon filed a copyright infringement suit, resulting in an out-of-court settlement. Later pressings of Led Zeppelin II credit Dixon as co-writer.

Led Zeppelin also paid a settlement to the publisher of Ritchie Valens' song "Ooh! My Head" over "Boogie with Stu" (from their album Physical Graffiti) which borrowed heavily from Valens' song.

cgcmod12 aka Mikhayla Natadja

sounds hot !

As rumors go, she is said to be from Romania, but on the phone, she totally sounds like she is from Eastern Herzegovina... ;)

So...we gonna have pics posted or what ?

Last year, before she lost the weight

382308_160439157439093_688432773_n_zps4d7f3e54.jpg

Is this for real cause I'm getting mixed feelings about this ?

So I'm just not gonna post until my strikes expire.

Hang in there Andrew. I got a couple more than you, so you're far from getting clipped.

No dude, I have three strikes. If I get another one between now and around next April, I'm banned.

cgcmod12 aka Mikhayla Natadja

sounds hot !

As rumors go, she is said to be from Romania, but on the phone, she totally sounds like she is from Eastern Herzegovina... ;)

So...we gonna have pics posted or what ?

Last year, before she lost the weight

382308_160439157439093_688432773_n_zps4d7f3e54.jpg

Is this for real cause I'm getting mixed feelings about this ?

That is a day before her 20th Berfdey outside of CGC headquarters....April 20 or 23..can't remember

Elvis may have imitated but some have done worse.

Led Zeppelin plagiarized blues music to the point that they even settled the cases out of court.

From Wikipedia

On Led Zeppelin's album Led Zeppelin II (1969), parts of the song "Bring It On Home" were copied from Sonny Boy Williamson's 1963 recording of "Bring It On Home," written by Willie Dixon. On the same album, "The Lemon Song" included an adaptation of Howlin' Wolf's "Killing Floor." In 1972, Arc Music, the publishing arm of Chess Records, brought a lawsuit against Led Zeppelin for copyright infringement over "Bring It on Home" and "The Lemon Song"; the case was settled out of court for an undisclosed sum.

Led Zeppelin's song "Whole Lotta Love" contained lyrics that were derivative of Willie Dixon's 1962 song "You Need Love." In 1985, Dixon filed a copyright infringement suit, resulting in an out-of-court settlement. Later pressings of Led Zeppelin II credit Dixon as co-writer.

Led Zeppelin also paid a settlement to the publisher of Ritchie Valens' song "Ooh! My Head" over "Boogie with Stu" (from their album Physical Graffiti) which borrowed heavily from Valens' song.

That's my point. When LZ came to the US the first show they saw was Howlin Wolf, as I recall.

Nope. Just made it much better.

Yeah. Elvis vs Muddie Waters. Pleeze.

:facepalm::baiting:

Do you like Depeche Mode’s highly original take on the blues classic "John the Revelator"?

A little.

Do you like Depeche Mode’s highly original take on the blues classic "John the Revelator"?

A little.

I liked mostly the clever commentary done with the text (and the ironic take about religious fanatism, always well-mannered and insightful, as in their style). Music of course was more of a divertissement and I love it as I am a die-hard fan, but it allowed me to discover the original versions of the Delta blues… :cloud9:

Please do not turn this first world problem into a discussion about music.

I'm seriously guys.

I concur. Elvis is King, nothing else matters. Back to the nonsensical moderation around here.