• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hey mods, why was my comic-related thread locked?

276 posts in this topic

Again, for everyone saying stuff along the lines of "it's easy not to get strikes", the point is being missed. Whether you guys want to admit it or not, if you've been an active poster here for a few years, you have an investment in this place. I value my account. Granted, I was being silly and prodding the mods a couple of months ago which resulted in my strikes, but that doesn't change the fact that the mods are not doing a great job here.

If you're cool with the fact that someone can remove you from this community for a week, a month or forever, with no sound reasoning required, well good for you. I like to have fun. I also like to express myself, whether seriously or not, in as unrestrained a manner as possible. I can get on board with no swearing and no girly pics, but when the mods are removing posts and locking threads for no apparent reason, why would I assume that they would exercise any kind of logic the next time a button-humper decides they don't like one of my posts?

So yeah, don't trust their judgment and I'm not interested in modifying by normal posting behavior. So that's it.

:hi:

I value having fun here. I have a lot of fun goofing with you and other like minded people. The mods have been black and white. They don't read threads for the tone of the threads or all the passive/aggressive BS that goes on constantly, including now. They will come when people call/hit the button.

I don't think there will be any answer from the moderation nor will the Irony Fairy run short of frequent flyer miles for those that are a bit short sighted.

Please do not turn this first world problem into a discussion about music.

I'm seriously guys.

Do you understand what the term "first world problem" means?

I've been a member of this community for 11 years and don't want to get booted. I think that's reasonable.

No. You want to do what you want to do regardless of the rules and refuse to change your style to accommodate them.

I think you bring a lot to the forum and have an interesting perspective on things.

That said, grow up.

This is a dumb post. And I'm not referring to COI.

From one whiner to another... :whatev:

I'm seriously guys.

I've been a member of this community for 11 years and don't want to get booted. I think that's reasonable.

I don't think "I'm leaving the boards for a year" means what you think it means.

hm

It was a fast year.

I'm seriously guys.

No. You want to do what you want to do regardless of the rules and refuse to change your style to accommodate them.

I think you bring a lot to the forum and have an interesting perspective on things.

That said, grow up.

lol

You two may have come from the same pod and now you are turning into the Oppenheimer twins.

I'm seriously guys.

I don't think "I'm leaving the boards for a year" means what you think it means.

hm

5 minutes, 36 seconds between posts= 1 dog year

I'm seriously guys.

hm

5 minutes, 36 seconds between posts= 1 dog year

Respond to my Words with Friends request. :sumo:

I'm seriously guys.

That said, grow up.

lol

You two may have come from the same pod and now you are turning into the Oppenheimer twins.

This coming from a guy who got a strike in "protest" of another guy getting a strike.

:slapfight:

I'm not getting thru to cgcmod12. About to spaz over here ....

Tell Mindy

She sounds hot too. Ya think there's a chance at hooking up with both ?

well....I guess..I guess there is a chance...she ain't married, but she has a bad case of arthritis and uses a cane ever since her accident, back when she was 56...but anything is possible dude ;)

I'm not getting thru to cgcmod12. About to spaz over here ....

Tell Mindy

She sounds hot too. Ya think there's a chance at hooking up with both ?

well....I guess..I guess there is a chance...she ain't married, but she has a bad case of arthritis and uses a cane ever since her accident, back when she was 56...but anything is possible dude ;)

:wishluck:

I'm seriously guys.

That said, grow up.

lol

This coming from a guy who got a strike in "protest" of another guy getting a strike.

My protest was to show the silliness of the moderation including those that act like flaming bags by being passive/aggressive trolls that work within the confines of the black and white of the rules but decry foul play at every opportunity. :sumo:

And I hit the button on myself which was awesome. :acclaim:

When it comes down to it, I just don't want to lose my account. I post here for fun and appreciate this community, but it's not fun for me if I have to constantly watch what I say, for fear that it gets misconstrued or taken out of context. So I'm just not gonna post until my strikes expire.

I don't trust the moderation team's reasoning at this point. I can't figure out what they're trying to accomplish, and I'm not going to risk my account.

I agree this is the correct thing to do considering

I'm seriously guys.

That said, grow up.

lol

My protest was to show the silliness of the moderation including those that act like flaming bags by being passive/aggressive trolls that work within the confines of the black and white of the rules but decry foul play at every opportunity. :sumo:

Thank god you were around to fight for such a noble cause. Seriously.

:golfclap:

Stuff it :foryou:

We're steering off course here. :makepoint:

How do we get Andrew to become a mod ?

Submitt two copies of form CGC-D2-3398 to Mark Heagel in Florida HQ and request an interview with Jonathan Markom in HR (Bring a HRC-6741 with supporting documents) and begin the screening process with Lou Richards on the third floor..its actually very easy, my cousin's friend's baby sister, Mariah, just went the the whole thing in less then 7 months

Hush, the adults are talking.

I'm seriously guys.

hm

So Roy was also mistaken when he said he was cutting back on his posting here? :tonofbricks:

I'm seriously guys.

That said, grow up.

lol

Thank god you were around to fight for such a noble cause. Seriously.

:golfclap:

Stuff it :foryou:

You might be the red twin.