• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hey mods, why was my comic-related thread locked?

276 posts in this topic

Rhetorical question, because I know they won't actually respond.

I'm leaving the boards for a year because the moderation around here is so random, and illogical, that I don't want to find the account I've had here for 11 years banned for some arbitrary reason that is never articulated to me, by a moderation team that holds the unique and all-too-convenient privilege of not having to explain their actions. So really, I'm leaving because I like this community and don't want to get locked out.

And to the people who will just roll their eyes and say "why don't you just behave yourself and not break the rules", you are, as ever, missing the point entirely. I recognize that I brought my previous strikes on myself, but keep it in perspective: I said a word twice that 5 year-olds scream on the playground, and made a comic journal entry saying "I love Spider-Man" while on vacation. If that warrants a ban in your mind, then once again you have missed the point entirely.

Later gents. I can be reached by PM for those who are inclined. :grin:

What the hell is wrong with you mods?

That was nothing but good, clean FUN. There was nothing offensive about it. It wasn't targeting anyone. It wasn't the usual malice that infects this board like a cancer, and to which you turn a blind eye. It was just silly fun.

And you delete it?

There is something SERIOUSLY wrong with the moderation team of this board.

:eyeroll:

Your lame- thread was doomed as soon as the mods were informed that my collection was so freakin' rawking. (gratuitous elitist emoticon... ;) )

Rhetorical question, because I know they won't actually respond.

I'm leaving the boards for a year because the moderation around here is so random, and illogical, that I don't want to find the account I've had here for 11 years banned for some arbitrary reason that is never articulated to me, by a moderation team that holds the unique and all-too-convenient privilege of not having to explain their actions. So really, I'm leaving because I like this community and don't want to get locked out.

And to the people who will just roll their eyes and say "why don't you just behave yourself and not break the rules", you are, as ever, missing the point entirely. I recognize that I brought my previous strikes on myself, but keep it in perspective: I said a word twice that 5 year-olds scream on the playground, and made a comic journal entry saying "I love Spider-Man" while on vacation. If that warrants a ban in your mind, then once again you have missed the point entirely.

Later gents. I can be reached by PM for those who are inclined. :grin:

That was nothing but good, clean FUN. There was nothing offensive about it. It wasn't targeting anyone. It wasn't the usual malice that infects this board like a cancer, and to which you turn a blind eye. It was just silly fun.

And you delete it?

There is something SERIOUSLY wrong with the moderation team of this board.

:eyeroll:

Can I have your avatar while you are gone? :blush:

:luhv: