• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NeatStuff - A Not So Surprising Situation

27 posts in this topic

I won an inexpensive book from NeatStuff, and as I was checking out, added a bunch of 49 cent books from their store to my order. So, I ordered a bunch of books for around $16 including shipping.

I get the package over a week ago... lo and behold, they sent me the wrong order. I didn't get any or the books I ordered, instead I got a bunch of 80s Adventure Comics with Aquaman.

In the past week I've emailed them twice, politely and professionally asking them how to rectify the situation, how to return the books, etc. So far, no response.

Today, I decide to give them a call. After listening to the outgoing message, the machine beeps and says the mailbox is full. frustrated.gifChristo_pull_hair.giffrustrated.gifChristo_pull_hair.gif

What a way to do business. screwy.gif

I think the lesson is that Neatstuff's cheap auctions may cost you a bundle of aggravation.

I will continue to try to contact them before taking it to the next level, but somehow I think they would have gotten back to me very promptly if I was mistakenly sent an AF 15... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I think the lesson is that Neatstuff's cheap auctions may cost you a bundle of aggravation.

I will continue to try to contact them before taking it to the next level, but somehow I think they would have gotten back to me very promptly if I was mistakenly sent an AF 15... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Maybe that's how your e-mail started.

Then when they replied, you could say you were mistaken... grin.gif

I think you may have suggested the best way to deal with them.

Claim you were incorrectly sent a comic worth hundreds. Scan their past auctions, find something that sold for a bundle, say you got that. Ask for a phone call. I'm sure they'll call right away!

I find it amazing that anyone that reads these boards would still order from them. screwy.gif On one hand I want to feel bad for you, but on the other hand I can't.

I hear ya. Despite reports like this, I recently bid on their stuff for the first time last month. After 30 days, my wife called me today to say it finally arrived. Who knows what is inside the box. Cracker Jack anyone? foreheadslap.gif I don't plan on bidding again just based on the turnaround time--I'm just hoping I got what I ordered.

I can only say good things about Neat Stuff... I bought a comic off of them through ebay back in June. It arrived in July and I complained to them about the outrageous overcharge in shipping... after some emails went back in forth... they gave me a full refund and I kept the comic. thumbsup2.gif

I've seen several of their auctions that I WOULD have bid on. However, with their bad rep., I skipped. Maybe that's the best way to do business with them....don't!

Same here. I've seen lots of stuff that I've been tempted to bid on but when you throw in their insane handling charges and the bad press they get about their [!@#%^&^]-poor customer service I just pass on it.

I've only purchased 1 thing from them and, surprisingly, it was shipped in a relatively timely manner.

they've always scared me. they charge too much to ship, take too long to deliver in the same state, are one of the very few NJ firms that charge state sales tax, and once sent me issue #2 of a GA Key advertised as issue #1. it's definitely a case of buyer beware.................. Christo_pull_hair.gif

I have bought from them on four occasions but this was the last time. It took 2 phone calls and several emails to get my stuff....which finally arrived 2 months after I paid. Luckily the comics were actually UNDER graded and I got it all for about 15% guide (got a sweet NM- copy of Swamp Thing 5 for $4.00 thumbsup2.gif). Some great deals can be found on their auctions if you spend a little time looking, but the savings are offset by the aggravation they generally cause.

I find it amazing that anyone that reads these boards would still order from them. screwy.gif On one hand I want to feel bad for you, but on the other hand I can't.

I knew ordering from them has been problematic in the past, but it was my impression that they'd gotten better.

Hey, I rolled the dice with $16 worth of comics, I don't expect or want sympathy...

I just thought it was funny how they always respond to negative feedback by saying things like "Why didn't you call?"

And when someone DOES call, the NeatStuff mailbox is full. tonofbricks.gif

I've ordered from Neatstuff about 3 or 4 times before. The last time, this is what happened-

I was scanning eBay looking for a nice copy of Avengers #57 (1st Vision headbang.gif) and saw Neatstuff was listing "Avengers # 57" in NM condition, bidding starts at a penny. The listing didn't say, however, wheather it was volume 1 or 3 (thanks again for the confusion, Marvel), and there was no pic. I *could've* e-mailed them and asked which it was, but realized I probably wouldn't get a response. So, I bid one penny figuring one of two things would happen if I won. 1. There was an extremly small chance I would end up with the first appearance of the Vision in NM condition for pocket change. or 2. Most likely, I would wind up with a six-month old Modern (but if so, the penny + shipping would only be cover price).

So, a little more than a month goes by, and I get a package from them. Completly expecting Vol.3 # 57, but hoping that *jussssst maybe* it was Vol.1 # 57, I open it up, and found this:

11729598682.8.gif

tonofbricks.gif

But I feel better now that I got that off my chest! headbang.gif

I just received a BATMAN #9 from Neat Stuff a day or two ago. I saw that their feedback wasn't great, but ordered it anyway. It came in a pretty timely manner, and I'm satisfied. I guess I wasn't on the boards when they were discussed before, as I didn't remember reading anything here about them one way or the other.

Hey guys. I originally had many of the same situations with them but finally figured out how to get personal customer service from them. After calling information and searching the web I got a phone number that is always manned by a pretty good gent: his name is Mark. The phone number is 1-201-861-1414. He almost always answers the phone and always will help set things right. If you can deal with the turnaround time it is worth it. Their books these days are graded correctly or undergraded. They usually have better stuff under neatstuffcollectibles rather than their neatstuffstuff Ebay name. My record with them has been 8 orders over 6 months. All comics were graded correctly. They thoroughly messed up one order for which I got a refund and free comics and shipped me one order incomplete for which they are making amends for. The other orders arrived after 3-4 weeks and were as I ordered. And lastly, I am NOT affiliated with them in any way.