• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nice little GA collection I lucked into tonight.

90 posts in this topic

I don't have these in hand yet (hence the bad photos), but it looks like I may have lucked into a nice little collection. I'll post better photos when I get them.

These were just pulled out of the garage of a guy's father who recently passed.

The guy told me a few of them have bug bites, but none of them have water stains, no brittle pieces, all of the covers are still attached, and after I questioned him about condition he said 3 or 4 of them look absolutely brand new. Hard to tell from the photos, but they look like they have good potential. The All-Star 8 has some creases and maybe a tiny piece out of the top, but I'm hoping when I get it in hand that it's at least a 3.0.

He told me he's not done pulling stuff out of the garage, so I've got my fingers crossed for another box of comics in there.

What do you think?

get-attachment-13aspx_zps853d8379.jpeg

get-attachment-14aspx_zps79e6ea73.jpeg

get-attachment-15aspx_zps2ff93949.jpeg

get-attachment-16aspx_zps6758cc4f.jpeg

get-attachment-17aspx_zps766c63b4.jpeg

Goes to show there are still OO collections out there.

Yes, still OO collections in really nice shape are still in garages and attics across the country. Amazing.

The owner told me he was blown away at how bright all of the interior pages are for 70 year old comics. I have a feeling these were preserved fairly well.

Look at the Action 70 & 81 and the 2 Detective comics..... the pics are fuzzy but you can tell they have super high grade potential. Also, the Jumbo, Young Allies & All Winners look pretty nice. I'm pretty excited.

Very Nice. How did you find them. I'm always looking for ALL STARS as well and hope to find a stash like you did where I live. I can hope. :)

Here's how I got them.

The guy had just listed them on ebay ($1.00 starting price).

I made him an offer, not expecting him to take it. Any time I've ever tried this strategy the seller has said no.

This guy said yes. He took my offer, which was a generous offer but less than half of what they're worth.

I got lucky.

He sent them all off to me today. Also included are about 20 big little books and 20 old Tom Swift books.

He also told me if he finds more, he'll give me 1st dibs. Woohooo!

great find! It's gotta be one of the best eBay GA finds that turned out so well (thumbs u

Yup, it floored me when he said he would sell them to me. I've tried making an offer a few times on auctions and it NEVER happens. The guy was super friendly. I enjoyed listening to him tell me about finding them in the garage.

And the best part was when he told me THERE MIGHT BE MORE.

And he said he would give me 1st dibs. woo hoo, I hope he finds more.... who knows what could be in there.