• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Chicago Comic Con August 21-24, 2014

326 posts in this topic

will like to go to this show, anyone know if lots of OA dealers attend this show?
I don't remember seeing Albert Moy there. I think Anthony Snider is there most years as well as Bechara.

will like to go to this show, anyone know if lots of OA dealers attend this show?
I don't remember seeing Albert Moy there. I think Anthony Snider is there most years as well as Bechara.

Albert used to go all the time, but didn't do the show last year and maybe the year before as well.

Jim

Albert used to go all the time, but didn't do the show last year and maybe the year before as well.

Jim

I'm pretty sure I saw Snyder there last year. I checked his site but he hasn't updated it.

These prices are pure insanity, especially considering that C2E2 is both cheaper and a better con for people interested in comics over autographs IMO.

That being said, I'll be there.

These prices are pure insanity, especially considering that C2E2 is both cheaper and a better con for people interested in comics over autographs IMO.

WW Chicago may be trying to turn into a media con, but it still blows C2E2 away for the amount of comics it has.

I do agree about the money grab they're pulling when it comes to ticket prices. Selling out of 4 day passes? Surrrreeeeeeee.

WW Chicago may be trying to turn into a media con, but it still blows C2E2 away for the amount of comics it has.

I do agree about the money grab they're pulling when it comes to ticket prices. Selling out of 4 day passes? Surrrreeeeeeee.

I've not been to C2E2, but the volume of books at WW Chicago is a thing of beauty.

I've not been to C2E2, but the volume of books at WW Chicago is a thing of beauty.

I thought C2E2 was poor this year, nothing but a big media event with few books. Wizard is much better for buying, at least for SA.

The best thing about C2E2 is the venue ( not the location of it though ), it's so bright and shiny. The venue for WW Chicago...the actual dealers room is like the inside of a big warehouse. But I'll take the con, it's location and the comics over C2E2 any day of the week.

Have they mailed the passes out yet? I'm still waiting for my four day pass. First time at wizard world this year.

You should have gotten a bar code to print out, and you'll pick up your actual pass when you get there.

The best thing about C2E2 is the venue ( not the location of it though ), it's so bright and shiny. The venue for WW Chicago...the actual dealers room is like the inside of a big warehouse. But I'll take the con, it's location and the comics over C2E2 any day of the week.

Comics aside, C2E2 has a much better way of handling entry passes.

Nothing like buying a WW pass online only to get to the show and stand in a giant line to pick it up. And while you wait in that line to pick up something you already bought, people just walking in off the street wait in a smaller line and get in faster.

Nothing like buying a WW pass online only to get to the show and stand in a giant line to pick it up. And while you wait in that line to pick up something you already bought, people just walking in off the street wait in a smaller line and get in faster.

+1

Wizard's will call pickup is horrible. But since they want to make sure they put the wristband on correctly (loose enough to allow blood to flow, but tight enough that you can't slip it off and give it to someone else) they can't just mail you badges. I wonder how many sales they'd actually lose if people had badges they could hand to someone else, as it is I can't imagine they get too many casual walk ups paying those admission prices.

+1

Wizard's will call pickup is horrible. But since they want to make sure they put the wristband on correctly (loose enough to allow blood to flow, but tight enough that you can't slip it off and give it to someone else) they can't just mail you badges. I wonder how many sales they'd actually lose if people had badges they could hand to someone else, as it is I can't imagine they get too many casual walk ups paying those admission prices.

Lollapalooza mails the wristbands and when you enter they check to make sure it isn't loose enough to be slipped off. And those wristbands are a lot more expensive.

Have they mailed the passes out yet? I'm still waiting for my four day pass. First time at wizard world this year.

You should have gotten a bar code to print out, and you'll pick up your actual pass when you get there.

Thanks. I did get that email when I paid. Just never read the email. Assumed it was like C2E2 mailing the badge.