• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

August CLink Focused Auction Thread

210 posts in this topic

I'd love to pick up a Mystery Tales but have the distinct feeling a buyer from the greater Chicago area will be buying at all costs.

To me, that makes every other Atlas title more desirable. I have mystery tales on ignore, along with Thanos and Poltroon - sorry, I mean Ultron appearances.

Except Millie the Model.

So to you the entire series is uninteresting and undesirable because some guy is hoarding?

OK, I'll be accidentally dense :baiting: My comment for those not aware of their density is that I love the series but can't afford it anymore.

I could name 3 or 4 issues of MT that are among my favorite Atlas covers. But when prices are unjustifiably inflated because one person wants to hoard them, as Bronty says, I think it's time to look elsewhere. Especially when one Atlas horror comic is much like another.

Well there's no need to be purposely dense :baiting: clearly all he is saying is that if one person is causing a title to be overpriced then better bargains can be found elsewhere.

Ding ding ding.

There is no real difference in terms of quality of art, content, publishing/print run figures or scarcity of any of the Atlas Horror titles as far as I know.

Mystery Tales is being hoarded and thus skewing (for no other reason) prices. I suspect the prices will come down and I believe other long term collectors do as well which is why many of the boardies who were holding amazing copies of these books have liquidated them recently.

Well there's no need to be purposely dense :baiting: clearly all he is saying is that if one person is causing a title to be overpriced then better bargains can be found elsewhere.

Ding ding ding.

There is no real difference in terms of quality of art, content, publishing/print run figures or scarcity of any of the Atlas Horror titles as far as I know.

Mystery Tales is being hoarded and thus skewing (for no other reason) prices. I suspect the prices will come down and I believe other long term collectors do as well which is why many of the boardies who were holding amazing copies of these books have liquidated them recently.

Yes. Clearly there are exceptions to the rule. As with ECs, there are stand out issues, and copies in stand out grades. But there is also a house style, and no reason to value one title over another - with the possible exception of Menace. Maybe Mxwll Smrt would care to ask me why?

OK, I'll be accidentally dense :baiting: My comment for those not aware of their density is that I love the series but can't afford it anymore.

I could name 3 or 4 issues of MT that are among my favorite Atlas covers. But when prices are unjustifiably inflated because one person wants to hoard them, as Bronty says, I think it's time to look elsewhere. Especially when one Atlas horror comic is much like another.

I agree. My comment was out of frustration from the start - the books up on CL will certainly sell out of my range because of the second city buyer.

I agree. My comment was out of frustration from the start - the books up on CL will certainly sell out of my range because of the second city buyer.

Understood! A frustration many of us share!

I'd love to pick up a Mystery Tales ...

Didn't you recently pick up the Northford #2 from Val in June and then flip it a month later on ebay? Not that there's anything wrong with that; however, there's a big difference between loving for the joy of holding and loving for the purpose of profiting from.

:preach:

Didn't you recently pick up the Northford #2 from Val in June and then flip it a month later on ebay? Not that there's anything wrong with that; however, there's a big difference between loving for the joy of holding and loving for the purpose of profiting from.

I was utterly amazed by the grade CGC gave it as the interior covers were browning.

Dang! Can't get away with anything around this place! lol

Tht wsnt vry smrt

Tht wsnt vry smrt

Yes - to pay for medical bills - sometimes it's just part of life - but you're clueless as to my motivation.