• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

August CLink Focused Auction Thread

210 posts in this topic

But there is a Goom book in the auction? That's the real question hm

Legionnaire #000002 reporting sir! :sumo:

I've heard a rumor that Goom makes a guest appearance in Giant Comics Edition 12 with the classic Baker prostitute cover. In what capacity? I'll only know once I crack that case open and find out. And if I don't like how it goes, I'll eat the book. Goom would've wanted it that way.

Sir!

The Gooms appear to be multiplying sir! The one closest to you even appears to have skipped the Googam developmental phase altogether sir! It was found terrorizing a post office near my home earlier today sir! I captured it, but for how long? For how long can we hold back the murderous intruders from Planet X?

goom.jpg

Good luck to whomever wins my Black Cat Mystery 50 9.0 pedigree...it was hard to let go of!

Presumably you have a better one now Gabe? Good luck with the sale to you and all our fellow boardies, I hope everyone does well.

I suppose my best book in the auction is the Uncanny Tales #35 in 9.6. I'm not really a student of Atlas post code horror, but they always seem scarcer than most of the pre-code, so I reckon this one is a freak of nature in that grade.

The book that I think will generate the most interest is the Giant Edition #12, a book I'd love to have, great Baker cover, but my guess is that it will bomb away in the first hours of the auction and be out of sight before I ever get to bid.

6th Avenue Comics huge collection find should be fun.

???

Elaborate please?

6th Avenue Comics from the pacific northwest is consigning that GEC from the collection they have been selling on ebay they post on the sales threads

The book that I think will generate the most interest is the Giant Edition #12, a book I'd love to have, great Baker cover, but my guess is that it will bomb away in the first hours of the auction and be out of sight before I ever get to bid.

I hear you on that one. I would also love to have it but I'm sure it will soar far beyond my budget. It will be interesting to see if it can be the first romance book to crack the $10,000 barrier.

I hear you on that one. I would also love to have it but I'm sure it will soar far beyond my budget. It will be interesting to see if it can be the first romance book to crack the $10,000 barrier.

What is the significance of this book? Why all the hubbub?

What is the significance of this book? Why all the hubbub?

Very rare, especially in grade, and the cover is rather controversial, insofar as the young woman depicted would seem to be a street walker. Probably the most collectible Matt Baker cover except for PL #17.

Although there are eight copies on the census as opposed to only five copies of Cinderella Love 25 -- another classic Baker cover. The highest CL 25 is 7.5 and next are two 5.5s. There is a GE 12 8.0 out there.

I would have to agree, though, that if there were a CL 25 7.0 also up in this auction, the GE 12 would go higher.

I think you have that about right. I'd guess there are a fair number of raw CL #25's out there and maybe even a couple better than the census copies ( the 7.5 being probably the 6.0 Sparkle City sold subsequently regraded as the 6.0 has disappeared).

Whereas the GCE #12 is genuinely rare, and virtually never seen in even mid-grade.

Good luck to whomever wins my Black Cat Mystery 50 9.0 pedigree...it was hard to let go of!

Presumably you have a better one now Gabe? Good luck with the sale to you and all our fellow boardies, I hope everyone does well.

I suppose my best book in the auction is the Uncanny Tales #35 in 9.6. I'm not really a student of Atlas post code horror, but they always seem scarcer than most of the pre-code, so I reckon this one is a freak of nature in that grade.

Yessir, upgraded to a 9.2...however, the 9.0 pedigree has OW/W pages. I'm still sad haha

Although there are eight copies on the census as opposed to only five copies of Cinderella Love 25 -- another classic Baker cover. The highest CL 25 is 7.5 and next are two 5.5s. There is a GE 12 8.0 out there.

I would have to agree, though, that if there were a CL 25 7.0 also up in this auction, the GE 12 would go higher.

Some info on the GCE 12 in 8.0.

It's the Lloyd Jacquet copy and has Lt/cream pages. Because of the pages it looks near mint. It came up on ebay several years ago. I was an under-bidder but lost out. The winner was Steve Fischler.

The copy looks way better than the 7.0. and is probably the best in existence,