• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Drunk Ebay Purchases: BEST AND WORST?

68 posts in this topic

This is a brilliant yet painful thread.

Mine was not a comic. My wife and I went on a weekend trip to NYC, we had 2 bottles of wine for lunch, then we went shopping for a watch because her's broke. She was happy with a $250 watch, but in my drunken state I convinced her to buy a Rolex. Price? Only $15,000. Even worse, the store said they'd ship it to us so we could avoid the sales tax, but I insisted she walk out with it. The sales tax was another $1500 or so. Now, a few years later, I don't mind buying the watch (because it's her favorite and wears it all the time), but how stupid about the sales tax. I could have gotten a real nice comic for that.

My ex wife got drunk and bought this at a charity auction back in 2005. I was shocked as she kept bidding but it ended up being a win as I got to keep this instead of her in the divorce.

Curt Schilling autographed 2004 World Series jersey. Come with COA: $1500

schilling.jpg

I haven't had a drink for nearly four years but when I used to drink I once ordered some rare cultivar of jungle plants and had them shipped to my old postal address. By the time they arrived at my new address they were nothing more than Potpourri. $300 dollars wasted.

One day I was going through all my Metal tour books I had bought over the years at various shows. That weekend I came home drunk and well..

3-4 Mötley Crüe and KISS tourbooks came in the mail a few days later.

This was a few years ago... Now I kind of am glad I did it. They are cool.

But that weekend cost too much.

All of my drunken purchases involve travel. Recently I downed 5 Lagunitas copper ales & booked 6 nights in Montago Bay, Jamaica. For a few days I felt a little guilty. I also have to get drunk to file my taxes. I can fill them out 97% but it takes 4 Newcastles to hit “efile." :(

All of my drunken purchases involve travel. Recently I downed 5 Lagunitas copper ales & booked 6 nights in Montago Bay, Jamaica. For a few days I felt a little guilty. I also have to get drunk to file my taxes. I can fill them out 97% but it takes 4 Newcastles to hit “efile." :(

This is my favorite thus far. The attention to detail needed to book lodging and travel, yet utter indifference to pricing because-- um, I'M DRUNK-- is pretty fantastic.

You sir, are a fantastic drunk.