• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

post your favorite romance covers
4 4

636 posts in this topic

53 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Bored and trying to pad the post count Richard? Don't worry, baseball starts tomorrow!

Bingo! lol

23 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:
1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

Bored and trying to pad the post count Richard? Don't worry, baseball starts tomorrow!

Bingo! lol

The Astros are sure in orbit this year! lollollol

Oh, heard that one before? :sorry:

5 hours ago, Robot Man said:

At least he's not still posting photo covers. 

15 hours ago, szavisca said:

Looking through this thread not seeing many Harveys, but I am really starting to love a lot of their covers, picked up what I think is another nice one.  Maybe they're not technically the best drawings...maybe they're common... but there's just something about them that I really dig, they're hilarious...the staging the placement of everything...the "hi honey I'm home from the war" durp durp durp...Also helps that even high grades are super affordable.

On this subject does anyone know why there are so few cover attributions from CGC on First Love Illustrated...are these Elias...Powell...someone else? Is it really unknown or just that no one cares enough about these to figure it out?

fl16.jpg

I think the mediocre cover art and the fact that many issues have a lot of file copies available has probably held down interest.  Some of the covers, though, like this one are pretty good, imo.

On 7/31/2017 at 3:08 PM, Sqeggs said:

I think the mediocre cover art and the fact that many issues have a lot of file copies available has probably held down interest.  Some of the covers, though, like this one are pretty good, imo.

I've recently picked up a few of the Elias covers.  I like his work.

On 7/31/2017 at 2:25 AM, szavisca said:

Looking through this thread not seeing many Harveys, but I am really starting to love a lot of their covers, picked up what I think is another nice one.  Maybe they're not technically the best drawings...maybe they're common... but there's just something about them that I really dig, they're hilarious...the staging the placement of everything...the "hi honey I'm home from the war" durp durp durp...Also helps that even high grades are super affordable.

On this subject does anyone know why there are so few cover attributions from CGC on First Love Illustrated...are these Elias...Powell...someone else? Is it really unknown or just that no one cares enough about these to figure it out?

fl16.jpg

And ... this one qualifies as a romance comic with a Christmas cover. :)

2 hours ago, Yorick said:

These arrived today!

Love Fiction Mag Oct 45.JPG

Love Fiction Mag Dec 45.JPG

Beautiful covers :applause:The pink cover was used for an early issue of Love Experiences too. Ace romance with these painted portrait covers are really standouts. 

24 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

okay,i'm not great at interneting...

plusone127-1.jpg

this book is pretty rare.  All the Hi-Comics are collectible imho.  If you ever want to pass this along, I'd be happy to gave her a place next to her black cover sister. :foryou:

collecting the Canuck reprints is maybe one of the nichiest of niche collecting - RING MY BELL

Edited by Dr. Love

1 minute ago, Dr. Love said:

this book is pretty rare.  All the Hi-Comics are collectible imho.  If you ever want to pass this along, I'd be happy to gave her a place next to her black cover sister. :foryou:

when it goes,I promise it goes to you.There's even a note in its bag,just to be sure!