• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ben Affleck is Batman!

624 posts in this topic

Affleck will do fine.

Because he was awesome as Matt Murdock?? :eyeroll:

Get some sleep, new dad, and your reasoning faculties will return.

I don't argue on the internet. You've already given your opinion and I gave mine.

The Town was good.

This. Also Argo.

I remember when Heath Ledger was announced as the Joker, and the internet lost its' collective mess. That turned out alright, so why can't this?

I think Ben Affleck is a known quantity at this point, I don't think there is any room there for him to surprise anyone.

really? before mystic river he was considered a tabloid fodder joke. he then went on to direct 3 terrific movies and collect a bunch of hardware. i think that surprised people.

What did Affleck have to do with Mystic River?

Affleck will do fine.

I don't argue on the internet. You've already given your opinion and I gave mine.

:slapfight:lol:foryou:

The Town was good.

This. Also Argo.

I remember when Heath Ledger was announced as the Joker, and the internet lost its' collective mess. That turned out alright, so why can't this?

I think Ben Affleck is a known quantity at this point, I don't think there is any room there for him to surprise anyone.

really? before mystic river he was considered a tabloid fodder joke. he then went on to direct 3 terrific movies and collect a bunch of hardware. i think that surprised people.

He was invited to the Hollywood Premiere. Catch up!

The Town was good.

This. Also Argo.

He read the book and thought it was better than the movie, I think.

Affleck will do fine.

I'll give you this - maybe we'll all eat our words and he'll kill it. Daredevil was just a terrible movie. The radar sense was a pretty cool special effect. Otherwise... :sick:

But who could predict Heath Ledger actually becoming the Joker. I can't imagine Iron Man without thinking of Robert Downey Jr.? I mean, Mr. Freeze... Arnold Schwarzenegger?! Couldn't have picked a better choice.... wait.... doh!

Seriously though, Affleck could do it with the right -script/plot/directing! :wishluck:

An odd choice for Batman hm

WB actually wanted Affleck for Batman & Robin,but that didn't happen (good move on his part lol )

Then they wanted him to direct the Justice League movie.

So,in a way this doesn't surprise me.

I remember all the fans were angry when Keaton was casted as Batman,and he turned out great.

Then when Ledger was casted as the Joker,all the fanboys were like "hell no" .

But he turned out to be the best Joker ever.

I'm going to wait & see how this will turn out before I give my opinion.

The Town was good.

This. Also Argo.

the keyword there is "direct"

To be fair I really don't think you can compare the acting talent of Affleck 10 years ago to the talent he posses today. Seriously, go check out The Town or Argo is you haven't seen it.

I enjoyed The Town. Can't get into Argo at all.

I think it's a great choice, he's become a much better actor since Daredevil, (which was far from the worst movie I've ever seen) and he will have the look of Batman and Bruce Wayne.

I like Bale, but I'm much happier with Affleck:) :applause: