• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

London Super Comic Convention (LSCC) March 15 &16 2014

344 posts in this topic

Are there cashpoints in the building? Or will I have to bring cash (and cards)

there are a number of ATMs throughout the excel centre (they are HSBC ones I think, so linked-in and no withdrawal fees)

there are a number of ATMs throughout the excel centre (they are HSBC ones I think, so linked-in and no withdrawal fees)

...and the lines only wind through half the building... :eek:

unless you think ahead and withdraw in the morning (like me :/ )

There are quite a few and if you seek them out a number of them get very little traffik. It's the two at either ends that get the biggest queues but there are a couple on the lower and upper floors that will usually have only 1 or 2 in the queue.

Also I am certain there are some scattered around outside the complex in the various hotels.

Oh and like Niro said plan ahead. (thumbs u

There are quite a few and if you seek them out a number of them get very little traffik. It's the two at either ends that get the biggest queues but there are a couple on the lower and upper floors that will usually have only 1 or 2 in the queue.

Also I am certain there are some scattered around outside the complex in the various hotels.

Well, being from Belgium and working with the Euro, I'll have to visit one of them earty in the day to get some Pounds!

Well, being from Belgium and working with the Euro, I'll have to visit one of them earty in the day to get some Pounds!

one i go to is halfway through the excel but downstairs next to the cloakroom, never ever waited to get money there

one i go to is halfway through the excel but downstairs next to the cloakroom, never ever waited to get money there

Thank you for all the tips so far!

Yeah that's the first one i ever visited realising that there were more that were under used (thumbs u

What are the dealers to buy from at this con? (Best books, best pricing, best grading, etc.)

Can't wait to go!

Personally for back issues I would say Nick at Comicana (Flaming_Telepath on boards) and Garry (gaz973 on the boards). They will be set up next to each other again this year I believe.

There are a number of american dealers coming over, but I have never bought from them before so I cant comment.

Thank you for the tips so far. i have an early entry ticket, but with only 30 minutes before the hords, what is the best strategy for the con. How far in advance should I be at the early entry door and how long will that line get. Where is this entrance?

Can you feel my excitement!

Last year the early was just amassed by the doors and let in one go, we normally all gather together near the front so if your interested in joining us send me a pm.

Just seen some exclusives added including adventure time 25 cover and starlight 1 from Image black and white cover

Thank you for the tips so far. i have an early entry ticket, but with only 30 minutes before the hords, what is the best strategy for the con. How far in advance should I be at the early entry door and how long will that line get. Where is this entrance?

Can you feel my excitement!

It really depends on what you want from the show.

If looking for creator sketches I would suggest contacting them in advance or if too late target the one creator you want most of all and head straight there.

If looking at back issues you should do the same thing. Check the exhibitor list and their websites to see which dealers have books that may interest you. Contact them beforehand and if there is something specific you want ask them to bring it to the show. From past experience they are very willing to do so, whether it's GA, SA or high grade bronze and whether you buy it or not.

What are the dealers to buy from at this con? (Best books, best pricing, best grading, etc.)

Can't wait to go!

Personally for back issues I would say Nick at Comicana (Flaming_Telepath on boards) and Garry (gaz973 on the boards). They will be set up next to each other again this year I believe.

Actually, while Nick and I will both be set up there, I don't think we are next to each other this time. :gossip:

Thanks for recommending me though, mate. :foryou: