• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

London Super Comic Convention (LSCC) March 15 &16 2014

344 posts in this topic

It really depends on what you want from the show.

If looking for creator sketches I would suggest contacting them in advance or if too late target the one creator you want most of all and head straight there.

Got that part covered! 4 lined up so far! 5th one will only take requests at the con. I guess that will be my first stop

If looking at back issues you should do the same thing. Check the exhibitor list and their websites to see which dealers have books that may interest you. Contact them beforehand and if there is something specific you want ask them to bring it to the show. From past experience they are very willing to do so, whether it's GA, SA or high grade bronze and whether you buy it or not.

Didn't think about that one. I did check some of them and one has a nice original page I would like. I could ask to bring it but my biggest concern here is taking it back on a airplane

Thanks for the tips so far everybody

What are the dealers to buy from at this con? (Best books, best pricing, best grading, etc.)

Can't wait to go!

Personally for back issues I would say Nick at Comicana (Flaming_Telepath on boards) and Garry (gaz973 on the boards). They will be set up next to each other again this year I believe.

Actually, while Nick and I will both be set up there, I don't think we are next to each other this time. :gossip:

Thanks for recommending me though, mate. :foryou:

I'll be bugging you both :grin:

Looking forward to this show again----is there another board dinner Saturday night at Fox?

There certainly is and there is a post about it in Comics general if you want to check it out. Might be a bit buried though ;)

Looking forward to this show again----is there another board dinner Saturday night at Fox?

Like Gary said, there is a meal at the Fox again. To save you digging out the thread in CG about it, I can just add you to the list if you wish?

What are the dealers to buy from at this con? (Best books, best pricing, best grading, etc.)

Can't wait to go!

Personally for back issues I would say Nick at Comicana (Flaming_Telepath on boards) and Garry (gaz973 on the boards). They will be set up next to each other again this year I believe.

Actually, while Nick and I will both be set up there, I don't think we are next to each other this time. :gossip:

I'll be bugging you both :grin:

:applause:

Can't wait to go!

Waht? thats blasphemy, these organisers dnt know what they're doing :baiting:

I will be picking up one of my slabs (or maybe both) that you have reserved for me...I will let you know :)

Can't wait to go!

I will be picking up one of my slabs (or maybe both) that you have reserved for me...I will let you know :)

(thumbs u

:wishluck:

HELP!

Can someone going to this show pick up a copy or two of the Adventure Time 25 convention variant? Its on sale for £4.95 on line but needs to get picked up there.

adventureTime.jpg

I'll buy your first pint at the forum dinner. Please let me know - thanks muchly! (thumbs u

Can't wait to go!

If those be X-Books....

Get in line junior :baiting:

What's everyone want to achieve at the show?

For me I want to pick up at least 1 key SA marvel ASM 1 or TOS 39, an Art Adams Longshot and an Alan Davies Sabretooth all without my wife knowing how much I've spent!

I want to see if I can get a sketch from Charlie Adlard or Sean Phillips. Not sure what would be the best way of going about it as both are bound to busy (especially Charlie) and there may be limited time for them to do requests. Is it worth contacting them in advance or just head straight to their stalls once I arrive?

As for comics to pick up, I might see if I can get nice copies of my lower priority BA keys (ASM 122, Batman 232). I'm not planning to spend much on books as I want to focus on getting the big SA keys that are still in my price range (X-Men 1, TOS 39, JIM 83, BB 28, JLA 1).

I can get you one but condition wise is the problem, forbidden planet last year just chucked the exclusives on the table piled high without care, I couldn't find any Nova 1s that I would call even a 9.6.

These should be different as they are LSCC sold merchandise and will be available at the merchandise desk at the show.

What's everyone want to achieve at the show?

For me I want to pick up at least 1 key SA marvel ASM 1 or TOS 39, an Art Adams Longshot and an Alan Davies Sabretooth all without my wife knowing how much I've spent!

I want to see if I can get a sketch from Charlie Adlard or Sean Phillips. Not sure what would be the best way of going about it as both are bound to busy (especially Charlie) and there may be limited time for them to do requests. Is it worth contacting them in advance or just head straight to their stalls once I arrive?

As for comics to pick up, I might see if I can get nice copies of my lower priority BA keys (ASM 122, Batman 232). I'm not planning to spend much on books as I want to focus on getting the big SA keys that are still in my price range (X-Men 1, TOS 39, JIM 83, BB 28, JLA 1).

I spoke to Charlie less than a week ago and asked him about the possibility of doing sketches at the show. His reply was, only if he can; but can't say with any certainty. I think it'll be sigs all the way, personally.

I spoke to Charlie less than a week ago and asked him about the possibility of doing sketches at the show. His reply was, only if he can; but can't say with any certainty. I think it'll be sigs all the way, personally.

I think you might be right. Could still be worth going over to him once the show starts just to see if he can take a request.

I think you might be right. Could still be worth going over to him once the show starts just to see if he can take a request.

Yep, well worth a shot.