• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Am I being unreasonable here?

76 posts in this topic

You were not unreasonable, but neither was the seller. You both will take a hit on this over the shipping costs. On the bright side, you can neg him, but not may options.

I had a seller who purposely shipped me the regular edition of a comic rather than the rarer variant that I had won at a bargain price. Even though he shipped the wrong book, I was stuck paying the return shipping to get my money back (the variant was somehow now missing).

If it is a book you want, you should eat the reholdering costs. If it isn't worth it, ship the book back and eat the return shipping costs, neg the buy and avoid him in the future.

The buyer will get reimbursed for the shipping costs. He has to pay them up front to ship the item, but will be reimbursed by ebay.

He won't get reimbursed the return shipping costs. The buyer pays those. He only gets his original shipping fees back along with the cost of the item.

Not sure why most sellers don't just try and fix the situation with the buyer, long term this pays off more in future sales, especially if the buyer is being reasonable.

He won't get reimbursed the return shipping costs. The buyer pays those. He only gets his original shipping fees back along with the cost of the item.

Not sure why most sellers don't just try and fix the situation with the buyer, long term this pays off more in future sales, especially if the buyer is being reasonable.

The buyer DOES NOT pay for return shipping costs in cases where the item is not as described.

"Return shipping charges

Either you or the buyer is responsible for return shipping charges, as specified in your return policy, except where an item is being returned because it isn't as described in the listing. In these instances, you'll pay the return shipping charges"

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/return-process.html

The buyer DOES NOT pay for return shipping costs in cases where the item is not as described.

"Return shipping charges

Either you or the buyer is responsible for return shipping charges, as specified in your return policy, except where an item is being returned because it isn't as described in the listing. In these instances, you'll pay the return shipping charges"

Hmm thanks, clicked the link and didn't know. Ill contact eBay about my shipping

"Return shipping charges

This is only if you have opted into the managed return process. I've never seen a better reason not to opt-in.

You have been a member here for over 8 years.

You have over 8,300 posts.

Your screen name is comicalgems.

And you don't know how to post some halfway decent pics of comic books?

Sorry. But I ain't gonna answer your questions. You are being punished. You're lucky it was me. Some here are not as nice as me. :)

Try again tomorrow, and hope it is me again, and not DiceX.

Toon pics with iPhone uploaded to photobucket with the photobucket app then posted the links. My pics are always huge I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

I would try a digital camera over the iPhone camera, as the quality is usually much higher with a run of the mill digital camera for taking pictures. IPhones were meant to be phones and not for taking EBay pictures.

I could see using an IPhone camera if that was your only alternative or for Facebook stuff, but if you have a digital camera I would go with that instead. 2c

I am actually having this problem in reverse. Seller said that item arrived cracked and requested re-holdering fee. I messaged him back 20 min later asking for pictures of the damage first and then I would be happy to refund that amount. One week later still no reply where as my money is sitting in limbo.

Toon pics with iPhone uploaded to photobucket with the photobucket app then posted the links. My pics are always huge I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

I would try a digital camera over the iPhone camera, as the quality is usually much higher with a run of the mill digital camera for taking pictures. IPhones were meant to be phones and not for taking EBay pictures.

I could see using an IPhone camera if that was your only alternative or for Facebook stuff, but if you have a digital camera I would go with that instead. 2c

I seem to have the same problem when I post scans.

I seem to have the same problem when I post scans.

PM me your address, I'll get the crayollas in the mail immediately.

The "partial refund" is often a scam on eBay from buyers who want to reduce their cost of an item. Basically, after the buyer gets the item, they complain about how it was damaged in shipping, so ask for a partial refund. It's gotten to the point that I don't bother responding, just saying if you're unhappy, send it back for a full refund.

(This happened to me last week, and I made the mistake of offering a $2 refund on a $11 item after my full refund was declined. Buyer declined again and gave me a neg.)

Based on your messages prior to buying it (that you wanted a break on it), I can sympathize with the Seller that you're now trying to back into the amount that you wanted to pay in the first place. The problem is that the Seller doesn't know if you're just BSing him or not. I'd send him pictures of the damage to justify the claim, but depending on the cost of the item, I can see how it wouldn't be worth it to refund you the reslabbing costs.

You have been a member here for over 8 years.

You have over 8,300 posts.

Your screen name is comicalgems.

And you don't know how to post some halfway decent pics of comic books?

I lol'ed :D

Unless your phone has a macro setting (flower icon) you should keep it 10" from the object.

Put the slab on the table, rest your phone on the table, take pic...

comicalgem2_zps101d3e75.jpg

comicalgem1_zpsa0a53c68.jpg