• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If you are going to sell books to other boardies...

355 posts in this topic

Shouldn't contact have been made with the seller before sounding the call for everyone to get their torches?

would they continue doing this if not for the torches? it would probably end privately with "i ship like this all the time and never had a complaint"

I understand, it's just my opinion that a PM explaining that the packing wasn't good enough and worked from there is a logical first step.

No worries man, not the first time we have disagreed lol:whistle:

lol true! But we managed past that little ugliness I caused.

I hope you work out something with the seller, cruddy packaging does tend to ruin ones day. :foryou:

That's sad and shows neglect, those poor books are going to need therapy, they must feel unloved...:(

...when you pm the person, suggest they might want to enroll in the Dr.X school of comic book packing, I've broken numerous nails opening comic books from him...I think they would have done well in that old Samsonite commercial with the gorillas.

Shouldn't contact have been made with the seller before sounding the call for everyone to get their torches?

What call? I only posted to make people more aware and careful. Attention does need to brought to something like this.

It doesn't take much time to carefully package a few books versus throwing them in a box loose with little packing material.

I have not outed the seller publicly nor will I at this point, if he want's to come forward he can. It wasn't a noob but someone who should know better.

I think you've done the right thing. The seller would probably just ship that way again without getting the semi-public admonishment.

What call? I only posted to make people more aware and careful. Attention does need to brought to something like this.

It doesn't take much time to carefully package a few books versus throwing them in a box loose with little packing material.

I have not outed the seller publicly nor will I at this point, if he want's to come forward he can. It wasn't a noob but someone who should know better.

I think you've done the right thing. The seller would probably just ship that way again without getting the semi-public admonishment.

Thanks man! I learned a long time ago (ebay) to take a little extra time and spend a little extra money making boxes nuke proof. In the long run it is much better than dealing with returns on damaged books.

Has anyone ever received a slab in one of these that wasn't completely damaged?

mgc1.jpg

https://www.bagsunlimited.com/p-2932-graded-comic-mailer-with-filler-pads.aspx

doesn't look all that different from the mycomicshop slab boxes...

I've never purchased a slab from MCS...Everything arrive safe and sound? I've received some busted slabs in those mailers. Cracked both front and back...There doesn't seem to be a lot of protection other than the slim piece of cardboard covering the slab on one side.

mgc1.jpg

I've never purchased a slab from MCS...Everything arrive safe and sound? I've received some busted slabs in those mailers. Cracked both front and back...There doesn't seem to be a lot of protection other than the slim piece of cardboard covering the slab on one side.

If that box is the only protection, you are correct. Mycomicshop uses a similar box but puts in a larger box with padding if I'm remembering correctly.

My packaging rules

Here's a hint. You don't need 500 yards of packing tape around your books.

Deal with it

If you ever ship me a book Greggy please do wrap it in 500 yards of bubble wrap.

1. I would rather the book arrive safely

2. I will have tons of bubble wrap to use in the books I ship in the future.

All win :)

mgc1.jpg

If that box is the only protection, you are correct. Mycomicshop uses a similar box but puts in a larger box with padding if I'm remembering correctly.

Good to know. Yeah, I've received slabs in just that. It never ends well.

My packaging rules

Here's a hint. You don't need 500 yards of packing tape around your books.

Deal with it

If you ever ship me a book Greggy please do wrap it in 500 yards of bubble wrap.

1. I would rather the book arrive safely

2. I will have tons of bubble wrap to use in the books I ship in the future.

All win :)

He sends cardboard, too...LOTS and lots of lovely cardboard;) :luhv:

There's no great secret to packaging properly, it's mainly just common sense.

No good excuse for it really.

+1

And it does not matter if its a $1.00 book or a $1,000.00 dollar book to me. They should all be packed the same. A little properly cut cardboard and some peanuts or bubble wrap and your set.

If you're going to be selling books on here, have the supplies on hand to do the job right.

There's no great secret to packaging properly, it's mainly just common sense.

No good excuse for it really.

+1

And it does not matter if its a $1.00 book or a $1,000.00 dollar book to me. They should all be packed the same. A little properly cut cardboard and some peanuts or bubble wrap and your set.

If you're going to be selling books on here, have the supplies on hand to do the job right.

Yep. I always package books the way i want mine to be packaged. Correctly. It's embarrassing to see how the OP's books were shipped. Everyone I've ever bought from on the boards packs them extremely well.