• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If you are going to sell books to other boardies...

355 posts in this topic

I had a similar experience with a new member a few months ago. The books were just readers, but he packaged them horribly. He had even asked how I wanted them shipped and I asked for a box. Then he shipped them in an envelope very poorly. I sort of let him have it and left it at that. I've never seen him sell again. From talking to him, it sounded like he had a lot of trouble figuring out how to pack books.

If the person who sold you those books is a regular seller, you should out him.

DRBALLSMETHOD.png

I've altered the method a little bit, but essentially the same as above. No damage yet. When I pack multiple comics, I tend to pack them in case they get re-routed through the Syrian post office.

I had a similar experience with a new member a few months ago. The books were just readers, but he packaged them horribly. He had even asked how I wanted them shipped and I asked for a box. Then he shipped them in an envelope very poorly. I sort of let him have it and left it at that. I've never seen him sell again. From talking to him, it sounded like he had a lot of trouble figuring out how to pack books.

He has been here a long time, Ill shoot him an email and see what he wants to do before I out him. But people need to be a little more careful.

He should talk to the seller (preferably before posting here), maybe hold his hand through Boozad's how to pack your books thread in case the seller genuinely didn't know any better and if the seller is still difficult to deal with then out him.

I once bought a pedigree slab from the Boards. The seller used the "box within a box" method of packing. Except the inner box just had the slab with no packaging material, so the slab was free to rattle around in the inner box.

He has been here a long time, Ill shoot him an email and see what he wants to do before I out him.

(worship)

Looks like Greggy's mo.

That's why I'm excited. I get to kick him in the 'nads again next time I see him.

He should talk to the seller (preferably before posting here), maybe hold his hand through Boozad's how to pack your books thread in case the seller genuinely didn't know any better and if the seller is still difficult to deal with then out him.

I sort of agree and disagree. Anyone that wonders on here has to have some sort of knowledge of the hobby. I'd imagine they've purchased books online. They have probably seen what it is like to package well and package poorly.

Add on top of that, anyone who has been here awhile should know even better. We get one or two threads monthly complaining about poor packaging. In my short time here I've seen a lot.

He should contact the seller, but I think it is sort of a crummy thing to package like that when shipping to people in our community.

I've shipped cheap comics like that, but only after contacting the buyer and giving him a series of options. The shipping cost is on them after all, and I buy more comics than I sell so materials are never a problem. If you want it double boxed and packed with peanuts, you're welcome to it. But if you're buying cheap readers and you think minimal packaging will do to save a few bucks, I'm happy to do that as well. If there is even one valuable comic in the lot I'm not sure I'd ship like this at all though.

I've also had a box destroyed in shipping. It wasn't one of my cheapo boxes, I packaged it well. Looked like it was slammed in a door and then torn out of the doorjam without opening the door first. I refunded that, it happens to everyone sooner or later.

I once bought a pedigree slab from the Boards. The seller used the "box within a box" method of packing. Except the inner box just had the slab with no packaging material, so the slab was free to rattle around in the inner box.

Wow... What did that look like when you got it?

Wow... What did that look like when you got it?

Luckily there was no SCS. But the Boardie who sent it got a I-can't-believe-you-sent-a-Church-slab-to-me-like-this PM.

Anyone that wonders on here has to have some sort of knowledge of the hobby. I'd imagine they've purchased books online. They have probably seen what it is like to package well and package poorly.

(thumbs u

My first comic sale was on here! At that point, I had learned so much from the great sellers on here, I made sure to do it right. I also learned to save all of the packaging materials I get when I buy stuff. I have SO MUCH bubble wrap at the bottom drawer of my filing cabinet at my office, it's sticking out and the drawer is tough to shut! :insane:

Anyone that wonders on here has to have some sort of knowledge of the hobby. I'd imagine they've purchased books online. They have probably seen what it is like to package well and package poorly.

(thumbs u

My first comic sale was on here! At that point, I had learned so much from the great sellers on here, I made sure to do it right. I also learned to save all of the packaging materials I get when I buy stuff. I have SO MUCH bubble wrap at the bottom drawer of my filing cabinet at my office, it's sticking out and the drawer is tough to shut! :insane:

Haha I do the same thing and actually added a line about it in my first post. I removed it for the sake of being long winded.

By the time I wondered on here, I'd made tons of purchases online. By the time I sold a few books (I've only sold like 2 or 3 books) I knew how to package. On top of that, I'd mailed my own books to get signed by people on the boards.

We should all know how to package books.

DRBALLSMETHOD.png

I've altered the method a little bit, but essentially the same as above. No damage yet. When I pack multiple comics, I tend to pack them in case they get re-routed through the Syrian post office.

I loved your package :cloud9: