• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If you are going to sell books to other boardies...

355 posts in this topic

Everyone makes a mistake. Give the seller the courtesy to make it right and learn his/her lesson.

No need to be vindictive and embarrass the seller if they are willing to make it right.

I've received damaged books with even the best packaging (two USPS boxes). I didn't out the seller then...I contacted them and they corrected the problem.

If it's a repeated issue then sure, name the seller. But giving someone the benefit of the doubt is the most mature decision.

Good luck

If they are packaged properly and are still damaged because of how the delivery person handles the package, that's a different story, then yes contact the seller privately.

Shipping books that look like they do in the picture is unacceptable.

To the OP: If you don't want to out the seller could you send me a PM on who it was

Yes, shipping the books like that is unacceptable. Blasting the seller without giving an opportunity to make it right is also unacceptable.

Nobody is perfect here. Yes, it was a lazy packing job. It should have been done better. If the seller refunded the buyer and took the books back...is that not a reasonable solution?

I received a box from a comic store of 25 NM+ walking deads. They were shipped from far away and not packaged well at all. Nearly all 25 comics were damaged.

I didn't out the comic shop here. I contacted them, let them know of the issue, sent pictures and they refunded me 100% plus shipping back to them.

When I shipped the books back to them...I packed them correctly with cardboard and bubble wrap. I sent a note saying that this is the proper way to package comics and they should do it this way from now on. The shop owner called me and thanked me.

Not everything is a nefarious situation. Give the seller a chance to do the right thing before going off on him.

yes its a reasonable solution, but it wastes the buyers time in the end and its a situation I personally would like to avoid. I take pride on what I ship and how I ship it, I expect someone selling something, especially of value does the same. And if they can't take the time to do that, then that's a seller I'd like to avoid.

For example, Louise is the sweetest thing in the world and wouldn't harm a fly (or anyone's comics) but I'm betting she wouldn't be able to package a comic adequately unless I walked her through it - even though all I talk about is comics with her. Some people are just not technical in the way they approach things.

I think it's just common sense to pack stuff properly and many people are born without it.

Even with newcomers.......being "new" doesn't really fly with me unless the person is a complete noob or its a mother selling her son's comics.

What's with the female references, the offender was obviously a male :shrug: ...my money on packing is with Louise and the Mom :rulez:

Just because you contact a seller first and they make it right with you does not mean they will change their ways. That's the conundrum....how do you let other people know about the person without looking a little dooshy?

This thread is officially the Miley Cirus of the comic book world.

Pretty soon there's going to be a phrase: "this thread has been Miley'd"

I like "this thread has been Roy'd" better lol

For the record the word Roy'd came from an incident that has nothing to do with anything I did.

:banana:

Oh really? hm Should I have PM'd you before I posted it then? lol

Wrong.

Right.

"Or how about having Dale hold a GSX-1 and another high dollar book in Chicago that you were going to get them. Then you show up on Sunday and tell him you are going to pass? Then you complain and belly-ache on the boards because Harley sold a book out from underneath you. Funny how keeping Dale from having the chance to sell two big dollar books doesnt get mentioned. "

lol

Strangely enough, I was agreeing with Watson, not contradicting him... (shrug)

...but because you're combative and small minded you just can't resist stirring the pot and raising mess - especially when you have no stake in the matter.

That incident with Dale happened in 2007, I was new and naive to the comic con circuit and it has been mentioned and talked through several times on the boards, I've talked it through with Dale personally (whom I buy from all the time and consider a friend) and was a mistake on my part. I'm not perfect. I forgot about the books and addressed it with Dale as soon as I was reminded of it.

Even better, why don't you ask Dale how he feels about it?

Or is that too much work? It's much easier to just post mindless stuff on the internet, isn't it?

For example, Louise is the sweetest thing in the world and wouldn't harm a fly (or anyone's comics) but I'm betting she wouldn't be able to package a comic adequately unless I walked her through it - even though all I talk about is comics with her. Some people are just not technical in the way they approach things.

I think it's just common sense to pack stuff properly and many people are born without it.

Even with newcomers.......being "new" doesn't really fly with me unless the person is a complete noob or its a mother selling her son's comics.

What's with the female references, the offender was obviously a male :shrug: ...my money on packing is with Louise and the Mom :rulez:

If I had a male partner who couldn't package I'd have referenced him.

(shrug)

The point wasn't the person being used as the reference, it was that some people genuinely don't understand how packaging and shipping works.

For the record the word Roy'd came from an incident that has nothing to do with anything I did.

Wrong.

Right.

"Or how about having Dale hold a GSX-1 and another high dollar book in Chicago that you were going to get them. Then you show up on Sunday and tell him you are going to pass? Then you complain and belly-ache on the boards because Harley sold a book out from underneath you. Funny how keeping Dale from having the chance to sell two big dollar books doesnt get mentioned. "

lol

...but because you're combative and small minded you just can't resist stirring the pot and raising mess - especially when you have no stake in the matter.

That incident with Dale happened in 2007, I was new and naive to the comic con circuit and it has been mentioned and talked through several times on the boards, I've talked it through with Dale personally (whom I buy from all the time and consider a friend) and was a mistake on my part. I'm not perfect. I forgot about the books and addressed it with Dale as soon as I was reminded of it.

Or is that too much work? It's much easier to just post mindless stuff on the internet, isn't it?

:blahblah:

Just because you contact a seller first and they make it right with you does not mean they will change their ways. That's the conundrum....how do you let other people know about the person without looking a little dooshy?

Very simple: you give them the opportunity to address it themselves both privately and then publicly.

Then everyone is happy and everyone learns what they need to learn.

:eyeroll: Ok, the thread is officially lame now. Perhaps Screwy's husband should take her out an buy her a dress or get her fingernails painted.

Wrong.

Right.

lol

But he was talking to you, not me (shrug)

That incident with Dale happened in 2007, it has been mentioned and talked through several times on the boards, I've talked it through with Dale personally (whom I buy from all the time and consider a friend) and was a mistake on my part. I'm not perfect. I forgot about the books and addressed it with Dale as soon as I was reminded of it.

Now this is a good post. No backpedaling, no rewriting history, no saying that Dale didn't get Roy'd. You've earned a break. That's lunch people!

If I had a male partner who couldn't package

To my 12-year old mind the way this sounds made me lollers

Very simple: you give them the opportunity to address it themselves both privately and then publicly.

Then everyone is happy and everyone learns what they need to learn.

I won't hold my breath waiting for the guy to out himself lol

If I had a male partner who couldn't package

To my 12-year old mind the way this sounds made me lollers

Try to do a nice thing and all of a sudden, before you know it you're married to an impotent man.

:cry:

If I had a male partner who couldn't package I'd have referenced him.

(shrug)

The point wasn't the person being used as the reference, it was that some people genuinely don't understand how packaging and shipping works.

I quoted 2 people, Roy, it was a funny post (I thought) ...but since you answered, has Louise actually ever packed a book?

I know I would never let my husband near a comic unless I was sure he wouldn't be touching it...he'd be more likely to fold it and toss it in an envelope;)

My daughter on the other hand, would send it with a roll of bubble wrap.

Foam fingered in the short box (FFitSB)

:eyeroll: Ok, the thread is officially lame now. Perhaps Screwy's husband should take her out an buy her a dress or get her fingernails painted.

He's definitely male and his wife is gorgeous.

Would you (you meaning all of you) ahem "men" please stop with the inferior female references...not all women are incompetent, nor are all men dumb bunnies.

Thank you:)

I quoted 2 people, Roy, it was a funny post (I thought) ...but since you answered, has Louise actually ever packed a book?

I know I would never let my husband near a comic unless I was sure he wouldn't be touching it...he'd be more likely to fold it and toss it in an envelope;)

I know. :) I was just clarifying for the benefit of the internet that it had nothing to do with the sex of the person and more to do with my familiarity with the person.

I think Louise has packaged books with me showing her how to do it but she'd never attempt it on her own. She prefers to just let me do it.

My real point though is that sometimes as random internet posters we can forget that everyone is truly different and what is common sense (in this case how to package a book) to some people is not to others.

Besides poor shipping it seems to me the whole grab bag mystery box for $50 and getting nothing but junk is a big part of the problem.

I don't think these grab bags should be allowed in the for sale section.

I think you are mistaken. Not a grab bag or mystery box. I bought some specific items and this is how they came.