• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If you are going to sell books to other boardies...

355 posts in this topic

If the person who sold you those books is a regular seller, you should out him.

He should talk to the seller (preferably before posting here), maybe hold his hand through Boozad's how to pack your books thread in case the seller genuinely didn't know any better and if the seller is still difficult to deal with then out him.

I sort of agree and disagree. Anyone that wonders on here has to have some sort of knowledge of the hobby. I'd imagine they've purchased books online. They have probably seen what it is like to package well and package poorly.

Add on top of that, anyone who has been here awhile should know even better. We get one or two threads monthly complaining about poor packaging. In my short time here I've seen a lot.

He should contact the seller, but I think it is sort of a crummy thing to package like that when shipping to people in our community.

There are some people who genuinely don't know how to package.

The point of pointing out the mistake is to teach the person who is making a mistake a lesson by changing the way they package their books, not to teach them to be afraid of the boards.

Going up to someone one on one first is ALWAYS the best way to deal with a problem.

The only exception would be if it puts you in danger or it's a known scammer. Only after that would I consider creating a thread about it, depending on the outcome.

You can always ream them out and give them a hard time in private for the poor packaging job but public floggings are only for repeat offenders who don't learn their lessons after being informed, in my books.

Otherwise every single incident would have a board thread and a witch hunt behind it. That gets tiring after a while and it's not very productive.

I once bought a pedigree slab from the Boards. The seller used the "box within a box" method of packing. Except the inner box just had the slab with no packaging material, so the slab was free to rattle around in the inner box.

You got a box within a box? Lucky you:

awful-slab-packaging.jpg

I once bought a pedigree slab from the Boards. The seller used the "box within a box" method of packing. Except the inner box just had the slab with no packaging material, so the slab was free to rattle around in the inner box.

You got a box within a box? Lucky you:

awful-slab-packaging.jpg

How'd that slab look when you pulled it out?

DRBALLSMETHOD.png

I've altered the method a little bit, but essentially the same as above. No damage yet. When I pack multiple comics, I tend to pack them in case they get re-routed through the Syrian post office.

Wow your method is certified by Max Factor..

I'm a believer..

there are sellers on these boards who should be outed for bad packaging. bought a raw from a boardie that was almost $300 shipped inside an envelope inside another envelope. for almost $300 ship it in a box. until we are okay with outing people, ill keep it to myself.

there are sellers on these boards who should be outed for bad packaging. bought a raw from a boardie that was almost $300 shipped inside an envelope inside another envelope. for almost $300 ship it in a box. until we are okay with outing people, ill keep it to myself.

How the hell did they defend themselves/justify their actions on that one? That's not lack of packaging knowledge, that's being lazy and cheap.

There's no great secret to packaging properly, it's mainly just common sense.

No good excuse for it really.

Shouldn't contact have been made with the seller before sounding the call for everyone to get their torches?

What call? I only posted to make people more aware and careful. Attention does need to brought to something like this.

It doesn't take much time to carefully package a few books versus throwing them in a box loose with little packing material.

I have not outed the seller publicly nor will I at this point, if he want's to come forward he can. It wasn't a noob but someone who should know better.

How the hell did they defend themselves/justify their actions on that one? That's not lack of packaging knowledge, that's being lazy and cheap.

never brought it up. it was overgraded so i sent it back.

Shouldn't contact have been made with the seller before sounding the call for everyone to get their torches?

would they continue doing this if not for the torches? it would probably end privately with "i ship like this all the time and never had a complaint"

would they continue doing this if not for the torches? it would probably end privately with "i ship like this all the time and never had a complaint"

I understand, it's just my opinion that a PM explaining that the packing wasn't good enough and worked from there is a logical first step.

I understand, it's just my opinion that a PM explaining that the packing wasn't good enough and worked from there is a logical first step.

Logic? Isn't this CG?

No worries man, not the first time we have disagreed lol:whistle: