• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC's Villain Month 3D Covers

2,249 posts in this topic

This week I started earlier to see if i could get more of Week 2's covers.

I started with calling stores on Wednesday.

My Main store was not sure how many of my preorders he could give me because he was behind due to the store next to his flooding and impacting his store. He promised me only 2 but thought he could do better, but would not know until Friday or saturday. I stopped in on Thursday and picked up

My Friend's store was able to pull 6 for me plus a Ventriloquist that a preorder did not want. WOO HOO, only missing 2 from first week now

I did not bother with store 3 from last week as they only sold the 3d's to regular customers.

I called store 4 ( who still had week 1's up) On Wednesday they were selling that days books from $8-15. Won't even bother calling them again.

Called another store ( actually closest to my office) at 6:45. They had 6 different issues remaining. By the time I made it over in 20 minutes they were down to only 4 and The Batman Owl was the last one. That Owl one was kind of weird as the edge of the cover was a little rough ( perhaps i should have Mr Ewert Micro trim it) I was very happt to get the Harley Quinn which looks great.

Not sure how it will end up, but i should have at least 14, but I doubt that i will have the entire set.

Went to a LCS today and it had about 11 different 3D covers from the past two weeks. No Harley, Black Manta,Ventriloquist, Lobo, Desaad, Grodd or Mr. Freeze. These covers have separated from the pack.

The next tier would be Trigon, Solomon Grundy, Reverse Flash and Killer Frost that are getting scarce since Wednesday. These are fetching between $8-$15 on ebay.

What would be a fair price for a complete set? If you purchased all the books at retail, that would be about $260.
ive had folks offering me 350+ if I can put a set together for them (too late i'm afraid, but that seems to be the starting price)

Before they were released, I bought a complete set of 52 plus the Forever Evil regular edition for $290 including shipping. I thought then and still think that was a good price, even though I have been able to buy the 26 released so far at cover, and more than one copy.

Buying all 52 covers at the cover price of $3.99 would be $207.48 + whatever applicable state tax. Subscribers would get them cheaper with their store discounts. Ebay online pre-order sets sell for between $295-$350.

After all the issues have come out and the scarcer books are identified it might be cheaper and easier to buy a set than buying the individual issues.

What would be a fair price for a complete set? If you purchased all the books at retail, that would be about $260.
ive had folks offering me 350+ if I can put a set together for them (too late i'm afraid, but that seems to be the starting price)

Just wondering if the set of reprints coming in February will have the same cover as these prints or a different cover? I do know that that set will be the only way to get the Forever Evil 3d cover

I love my LCS, they rock, went to the "bigger" shop, they still have 3d covers but only Riddler, Zod, and Braniac i think were cover price, everything else was $10.

So sad that it came to this, DC got the publicity it wanted , I'm just disappointed how it turned a lot of people into vultures.

That's not even the 1st 2 weeks. He's selling just week 2 with the "standard" covers.

ah, k, crappy deal.

I have a copy of Batman #23.1 - It arrived from Diamond at my LCS and went into my file.

The shop owner advised that he thinks that the book may have been damaged as several interior pages look and feel slightly rippled.

However, other than that issue, the book is NM+ condition, just some rippling of some interior pages, no staining or anything else, just some slight rippling. The cover is great, sharp corners, no ripples, etc.

Could this be production related or straight up damage? Anyone else seen this?

My LCS owner gave me the book for free, due to not knowing 100% if it is 'the way the book is' or not but he was leaning towards it being damaged.

I have not handled any other 3D books, so if I would welcome opinion of those who have handled more of them.

I have a copy of Batman #23.1 - It arrived from Diamond at my LCS and went into my file.

The shop owner advised that he thinks that the book may have been damaged as several interior pages look and feel slightly rippled.

However, other than that issue, the book is NM+ condition, just some rippling of some interior pages, no staining or anything else, just some slight rippling. The cover is great, sharp corners, no ripples, etc.

Could this be production related or straight up damage? Anyone else seen this?

My LCS owner gave me the book for free, due to not knowing 100% if it is 'the way the book is' or not but he was leaning towards it being damaged.

I have not handled any other 3D books, so if I would welcome opinion of those who have handled more of them.

I haven't seen the rippling in the 22 that I have. The staples seemed to have a problem with some issues.

Just been looking sets are 350 +

Just how allocated or limited or these OR just the latest hype

It is the latest hype, but the demand is there. Long term, who knows. I could settle at $10-15 an issue like the die cut #13s that came out last year. A few of the 52 covers will go to $25 and others under $10.