• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC's Villain Month 3D Covers

2,249 posts in this topic

We had a one day show in Calgary (Alberta, Canada) today and here are some 3D cover sales from our tables:

Harley Quinn - first copy $25 then rest $30 apiece

Killer Frost - $20

Mr. Freeze - first copy $20 then rest $25

Lobo - $25

Riddler - $10

Darkseid - $10

Reverse Flash - $20

Joker - $20

And a handful of others that I will have to dig through the box to verify what sold. There was high demand for them, especially the Harley Quinn issue. Another Dimension in Calgary had a bunch of variants still available, some still at cover (including the Joker issue). If you are a boardie from Calgary you should head there before they are gone..... :baiting:

At the Calgary show I sold:

Harley Quinn x2 at $25, 1 copy at $30.00

Mr Freeze x1 at $20

Poison Ivy x1 at $15

Riddler x1 at $12

Reverse Flash x1 at $15

Joker x2 at $15

I thought the black manta story was great it a howed he wasnt really a bad a guy only a man who dodnt know how to handle the emotions he had for avenging his father.

I've always thought that Black Manta's beginning's were already told in the pages of Aquaman..... I think he's in the "The Other's" storyline.....

I have over 40 copies, only 1 has scratches and I knew that when I bought it. It was a Harley cover and the last one the store had.
try this, take an led flashlight and shine it on the book at about a 45 degree angle. The ones I have looked at all have small hairline scratches. Some are perfectly straight which would suggest production and some are haphazard which would suggest shipping rub. This reminds of of the chromium covers, structurally perfect but very susceptible to scratching. I think these could grade 9.8 with the light scratches but I would imagine no higher. I've looked over about 100 or so from several different sources, and I only found one scratch free.

Done, no scratches nor defective staples or any of the other aforementioned "I found all of them have this flaw" posts. I went over them with my numismastic magnifying glass and a led light. The only area I see potential for flaws are the right side interior pages. The covers are cut slightly smaller than the interior pages so upper and lower right corner wear will keep a lot of them from hitting 9.9 or 10.

I'm not in a hurry to send them in anyway. Apart from the the top five sought after Villain covers there really is no need to have them graded. I believe a raw complete set will the best seller after the final week's worth of villain covers arrive.

I'm ok with waiting for the glut of submitted issues to come back before submitting mine.

I have over 40 copies, only 1 has scratches and I knew that when I bought it. It was a Harley cover and the last one the store had.
try this, take an led flashlight and shine it on the book at about a 45 degree angle. The ones I have looked at all have small hairline scratches. Some are perfectly straight which would suggest production and some are haphazard which would suggest shipping rub. This reminds of of the chromium covers, structurally perfect but very susceptible to scratching. I think these could grade 9.8 with the light scratches but I would imagine no higher. I've looked over about 100 or so from several different sources, and I only found one scratch free.

Done, no scratches nor defective staples or any of the other aforementioned "I found all of them have this flaw" posts. I went over them with my numismastic magnifying glass and a led light. The only area I see potential for flaws are the right side interior pages. The covers are cut slightly smaller than the interior pages so upper and lower right corner wear will keep a lot of them from hitting 9.9 or 10.

I'm not in a hurry to send them in anyway. Apart from the the top five sought after Villain covers there really is no need to have them graded. I believe a raw complete set will the best seller after the final week's worth of villain covers arrive.

I'm ok with waiting for the glut of submitted issues to come back before submitting mine.

I'm glad your copies are clean. For raw books I don't think it will even be an issue. Let us know if you get any 9.9's or 10's when you do send them in.

I'm glad your copies are clean. For raw books I don't think it will even be an issue. Let us know if you get any 9.9's or 10's when you do send them in.

sure

I believe Wonder Woman is the book most stores will have the highest allocations on. At least in my area.

Jay

the ww books are the one I am getting the least of (lowest allocated amount). Sad, really that dc under produced these