• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC's Villain Month 3D Covers

2,249 posts in this topic

I sold a couple for 50 or so, and have one left...I am wondering if like before, the best time to sell is on monday?

A lot of people are expecting the price to drop...course comics seem to love to do the unexpected in terms of value...

I have to say that I have shown this to people who are not really collectors and it kinda blows their minds....I have a feeling that if john q public ever really got a look at this there would be such a rush...

problem:

not enough for them to really see them around...

they do not photograph well...

The event is pretty much passed...

Just wish a news report or something...

Yeah, it sounds like the Forever Evil is a first print and the rest of the set is second prints.
that is correct...Diamond still has a quantity of "first" print FE 3d that were not distributed to the stores (they choose, instead, to send one per account, versus the 1:25 as FE was solicited)...they quickly realized that a second printing of the 3d covers was in order, and chose to hold back the FE 3ds to marry up with that set (as an incentive, I suppose)...

the only way we will see a second print of the FE 3d is if more 2nd print sets are ordered for Feb, than diamond currently has (on hand) 3d FE...I don't see that happening (just my 2c )

so basically everybody that brought FE 3D ALL GOT SCREWED

That would be nice. Buy all the 3D Villian month covers and get and extra FE 3D for free ^^

Keep In mind, I am posting info, that, to the best of my knowledge is correct... but , I obviously don't work for diamond, so sometimes I could erroneously extract info (generally not, but it happens)...

diamond never stated the FE 3d was a one per account only...they initially distributed one per account (so far), but they are not restricted at all on the rest, etc...

folks that overpaid, well, that's on them (thumbs u

I found this release that says the 3D Forever Evil #1 that comes in the set will also be labeled 2nd print:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=47175

"Please note that because of the longer than normal production time needed to print 3-D motion covers, this is the soonest they can arrive in stores. The issues included in this set will be printed to order; they will not be allocated. Covers in this set, including Forever Evil #1, will be labeled 'second printing.'"

Of course, this is from a while back and may not be current.

I sold a couple for 50 or so, and have one left...I am wondering if like before, the best time to sell is on monday?

A lot of people are expecting the price to drop...course comics seem to love to do the unexpected in terms of value...

Yesterday... I spoke with an owner of a LCS and he said that diamond isn't sending the rest of their 3D cover orders. What is out... is out.

Next wave will be the 2nd prints!

Any Thoughts?

Yesterday... I spoke with an owner of a LCS and he said that diamond isn't sending the rest of their 3D cover orders. What is out... is out.

Any Thoughts?

Actually we are getting some more next week. The damage/short reserve is filling some ...I am getting 7 diff 3d next week including a couple of jokers daughters! But at most diamond has 1-3% of the run that could be used depending on what damages and shorts were called in

I am cconsidering going newsstand edition hunting this weekend. Never done this before. Would I have better luck at Barnes and Noble or at Books-A-Million? Any thoughts?

I think it is a wise move. I have been doing this for a while and these books are truly rare in high grade. There are many factors with these comics. Low printed to begin with, books are placed on shelf with no remorse then customers rifle through them thus leaving books with many defects. Any unsold issues are sent back to publisher to be pulped. Places like Barnes & Noble do not make any profit from selling comics at their stores.

I don't know about Books- a- Million but Barnes and Noble is a good start.

So, my advice is buy, buy, buy!!! Eventually the comic community will realize these comics are actually variants and some as price variants and are a must have item.

I predict in the near future, newsstand issues to be the ones to get and command a higher value than direct editions. I know comic retailers will not like that but I see it happening.

Good Luck with your search!!!

Any Thoughts?

Actually we are getting some more next week. The damage/short reserve is filling some ...I am getting 7 diff 3d next week including a couple of jokers daughters! But at most diamond has 1-3% of the run that could be used depending on what damages and shorts were called in

Thanks for some clarification!

I am missing a total of 4, Desaad, Solomon Grundy, Count Vertigo and Relic. But considering I dont collect Earth 2 and am not a fan of Green Lantern and dont like the green arrow story, I'm all set. I have a few other Green Lantern 3d's that snuck into my box. May unload those soon.

mycomicshop.com currently has Joker's Daughter 3D for $12!

Go get it! :banana:

I hope you know even at $12 you are paying the hype. mycomicshop price their books really well most time. hopefully, after NYCC people still love them and pay extra for it.