• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC's Villain Month 3D Covers

2,249 posts in this topic

At the Ottawa one, like, going there on Friday, then again on Sunday,I was very surprised to see most sellers have most of there wall books and valuable stuff still available after three days.

Most of the guys selling at the shows are trying to get prices well above FMV.

At least that's what I noticed at a lot of the booths in Vancouver. Way back in April, one guy was trying to sell Batman: Harley Quinn #1, 9.0 slab for $200.

I realize that when you get like 30,000 people coming through, you can hope that one of them is dumb enough to pay that price. But I think you'd do better overall if you kept a reasonable price on everything.

Guy at Pittsburgh Comicon was trying to get 500 for the whole lot with the Forever Evil variant included. Madness.

That doesn't seem unreasonable actually at current prices.

Let's say 52 x $6 average = $312 + $188 for the Forever Evil = $500

Doesn't seem like madness to me, plus you're saving yourself the headache of running around and buying all over the place to complete your set.

+1

Went to a local con this past weekend. One dealer was doing a silent auction for his complete set of 3D covers. I don't know what the actual selling price was though. Another guy wanted $1300 for his set. :roflmao:

The only dealers moving these were selling them for $10-$12 . He had $10 on the common 3D's and $12 on the rare ones like Ventriloquist, Mr. Freeze, Clayface. Lobo and Posion Ivy were $10 (shrug) Harley was $20 and for the Jokers daughter he wanted $50 but no one was biting.

The sets are still selling in the $350-$500 range ($500 if you include the FE #1 3D). That seems to be the best way to move them.

At the Ottawa one, like, going there on Friday, then again on Sunday,I was very surprised to see most sellers have most of there wall books and valuable stuff still available after three days.

Most of the guys selling at the shows are trying to get prices well above FMV.

At least that's what I noticed at a lot of the booths in Vancouver. Way back in April, one guy was trying to sell Batman: Harley Quinn #1, 9.0 slab for $200.

I realize that when you get like 30,000 people coming through, you can hope that one of them is dumb enough to pay that price. But I think you'd do better overall if you kept a reasonable price on everything.

Guy at Pittsburgh Comicon was trying to get 500 for the whole lot with the Forever Evil variant included. Madness.

That doesn't seem unreasonable actually at current prices.

Let's say 52 x $6 average = $312 + $188 for the Forever Evil = $500

Doesn't seem like madness to me, plus you're saving yourself the headache of running around and buying all over the place to complete your set.

+1

Those are good points. I just think these won't be worth that much in the long run, that's all. I think if someone bought the whole set for 500 and it was really only worth 250 in the coming years, the person would be way pissed.

well I've also seen no real sales since last week...I'm gonna have 20 issues left over....even the batman 3Ds don't seem to be moving...

Joker's daughter has fallen in price...I don't see what would move the prices up, except a nice big article in a major publication....

People finally started actually reading the Joker's Daughter issue and realized it was all hype.

Sell now before it completely tanks.

Almost tragic that the two 3-D's I was most looking forward to, i.e. Joker and Joker's Daughter, were probably two of the worst I read. Joker might have been the worst. They really wasted a whole issue on an ape.

And we have our first 3D 10.0

027 Batman: The Dark Knight 23.2 11/13 D.C. Comics Modern 10.0 WHITE

Justin Gray & Jimmy Palmiotti story

Jason Masters art

Guillem March cover 3-D Lenticular cover.

""Mr. Freeze #1""

And we have our first 3D 10.0

027 Batman: The Dark Knight 23.2 11/13 D.C. Comics Modern 10.0 WHITE

Justin Gray & Jimmy Palmiotti story

Jason Masters art

Guillem March cover 3-D Lenticular cover.

""Mr. Freeze #1""

Woohoo ! Congrats (thumbs u

well look...there aren't enough to go around, the look awesome...

So I do predict that the prices will stabilize above cover...some of them will still go well into the future, joker's daughter will sell at 20 to 25 bucks in a month ventriloquist dial e and harley quinn will be 13-17 dollars, then a bunch of the 2nd tear stuff will sell a couple of dollars over cover...prices go down, but they do stabilize eventually...

It's not like the 90s when hype and print runs went together...there is a reality to this situation, that there aren't enough of these for the people who want them...

Completist out there are waiting for the prices to get reasonable

I think it's funny that most people seem to have gotten these just for the purpose of resale and now the market is starting to settle people are stuck with books they paid a high premium for. I got 6 of them because I thought they were cool. My kids really like them too. :P