• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC's Villain Month 3D Covers

2,249 posts in this topic

Anyone heard about this retailer incentive 3D cover? My LCS is selling one in store only for $199!

XlZCtyNl.jpg

Did you grab it? Sounds like a great price considering it's only 1 per retailer. Midtown was even selling it at $425.

They can be had on ebay currently for as cheap as $99 to $140 someone is way overpriced.

Anyone heard about this retailer incentive 3D cover? My LCS is selling one in store only for $199!

XlZCtyNl.jpg

Did you grab it? Sounds like a great price considering it's only 1 per retailer. Midtown was even selling it at $425.

They can be had on ebay currently for as cheap as $99 to $140 someone is way overpriced.

lol, the $140 sold as I was looking at it, and I don't even see the $99.

This is the box it arrived in :o

The box looks like an accordion file.

+1

Bummer. I hope they give them something to compensate for the loss.

I'm getting a $1.77 credit lol

XlZCtyNl.jpg

I'm not sure how many more sub-$150 listings will pop up. There is one for $199, which is the lowest ATM. Definitely lower than midtown and some other online shops I've seen.

This is going to be fun to watch :popcorn:

XlZCtyNl.jpg

I'm not sure how many more sub-$150 listings will pop up. There is one for $199, which is the lowest ATM. Definitely lower than midtown and some other online shops I've seen.

I agree. Lots of fun. I didn't buy any so I don't have a dog in the fight. I'm hoping all the boardies do we'll on this stuff. I love the excitement and wish I would have bought a few now.

:popcorn:

XlZCtyNl.jpg

I agree. Lots of fun. I didn't buy any so I don't have a dog in the fight. I'm hoping all the boardies do we'll on this stuff. I love the excitement and wish I would have bought a few now.

I'm in the same boat. I honestly haven't paid attention to the 3D issues outside of the emails my shop kept sending me. By the sounds of it, grabbing an issue at cover of any of these books is probably a good idea?...

I just talked to both my "competitors" in town. We are all in support of charging srp or less. Stores that rake their customers over the coals on this likely don't deserve those customers.

XlZCtyNl.jpg

I'm in the same boat. I honestly haven't paid attention to the 3D issues outside of the emails my shop kept sending me. By the sounds of it, grabbing an issue at cover of any of these books is probably a good idea?...

Sounds that way to me. I was warned that these would be big but I thought they were gimmicky. Now I wish I would have bought the gimmick lol I bought the Green Arrow and Green Lantern regular covers to save a dollar bwahahahahaha

XlZCtyNl.jpg

Sounds that way to me. I was warned that these would be big but I thought they were gimmicky. Now I wish I would have bought the gimmick lol I bought the Green Arrow and Green Lantern regular covers to save a dollar bwahahahahaha

I am willing to bet most of these will sell for under $10 a pop 6 months from now. Even with orders being cut down I really don't see these holding value for that long. Looks like a lot of them are available on eBay still for around $6 to $7 a pop.

If you are unable to find these at or near cover no rush in getting bent over on the secondary market. :)

XlZCtyNl.jpg

I am willing to bet most of these will sell for under $10 a pop 6 months from now. Even with orders being cut down I really don't see these holding value for that long. Looks like a lot of them are available on eBay still for around $6 to $7 a pop.

If you are unable to find these at or near cover no rush in getting bent over on the secondary market. :)

I've noticed that many of those listings have several watchers.

I wonder if perhaps some buyers are trying to keep their powder dry, waiting to see what things are actually going to be like tomorrow at their LCS.

If they find most of the 3-D issues sold out tomorrow those $6-7 auctions might start disappearing pretty quick.