• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC's Villain Month 3D Covers

2,249 posts in this topic

Grabbed my copies today.

th_SDC10076.jpgth_SDC10074.jpgth_SDC10075.jpgth_SDC10073.jpgth_SDC10071.jpg

Another scumbag retailer breaking street date.

Why should you care (shrug)

I think it has to do with the fact that comic retailers agree to sell on wednesday. This helps promote a level playing field amongst all retailers. Breaking street date is against the rules and can get a account put in a bad situation. Posting pictures of early purchases can actually get your LCS in trouble with Diamond. We had this happen locally once.

It is similar to the VCC rules here on the boards that states all sales start at a certain time. If sellers sell early, they are undermining the system in place. Why participate if you are going to on the rules.

Truth!

( and I'm all over this today )

Larry needs to worry about Larry's Comics and not worry about what you can't control.

I seldom take Larry's side or the other side but totally agree with him here. Unless the retailer has special permission to open shop early it is hurting them. Imagine if comics were sold on any day they were received in.

Think of it outside the comic world. Look at movie releases in theaters...clearly they get the movie ready for projection prior to the FRIDAY screen time...so what if mom and pop decide to show it tuesday-thursday...they have effectively taken money from the other theaters locally.

rantrant

This is standard in a lot of industries. Movies, Music, Gaming.

The penalties for breaking street date can be pretty severe for independent retailers.

Our store was packed the first hour opened. We still have 11 of the 13 titles instock...we are sold out of jldark, jlamerica). Some we have as many as 50 copies still. Not sure if we will sell out or not. We are selling at cover less out standard discount ... They are cool

Grabbed my copies today.

I think it has to do with the fact that comic retailers agree to sell on wednesday. This helps promote a level playing field amongst all retailers. Breaking street date is against the rules and can get a account put in a bad situation. Posting pictures of early purchases can actually get your LCS in trouble with Diamond. We had this happen locally once.

It is similar to the VCC rules here on the boards that states all sales start at a certain time. If sellers sell early, they are undermining the system in place. Why participate if you are going to on the rules.

Truth!

Larry needs to worry about Larry's Comics and not worry about what you can't control.

Ohh, absolutely Sir.

Grabbed my copies today.

Truth!

I seldom take Larry's side or the other side but totally agree with him here. Unless the retailer has special permission to open shop early it is hurting them. Imagine if comics were sold on any day they were received in.

Think of it outside the comic world. Look at movie releases in theaters...clearly they get the movie ready for projection prior to the FRIDAY screen time...so what if mom and pop decide to show it tuesday-thursday...they have effectively taken money from the other theaters locally.

rantrant

Thanks for understanding.

We are a very small, self-policing industry.

The shops in GA are sorting this out now.

Our store was packed the first hour opened. We still have 11 of the 13 titles instock...we are sold out of jldark, jlamerica). Some we have as many as 50 copies still. Not sure if we will sell out or not. We are selling at cover less out standard discount ... They are cool

Did you get your normal quantity or was your allotment decreased substantially ?

Quick flip or hold till all the cheap ones are off eBay? By waiting I'm thinking prices will rise in a day or 2

I don't know but as many have pointed out, you can't lose money making money. I personally thought this was going to be hokey as can be and it may be but man do these thing look nice (thumbs u

I was the first customer at my shop today (not on purpose), and they were completely out of JLA (went to subscribers). Not sure if this will be a trend, but figured I'd update you with what I saw.

The Ventriloquist cover looks pretty cool, and a lot of people I talked to since mentioned they were seeking that one out.

from what i hear my LCS has every cover in 3D still. i was able to grab all of them in 3D except the Forever Evil one just cause they want $1000000000000000000000000000000000000000 for it so eff that.

i can swing by my shop again after work if anyone wants me to check for any specific copies. may be able to help out.

I was the first customer at my shop today (not on purpose), and they were completely out of JLA (went to subscribers). Not sure if this will be a trend, but figured I'd update you with what I saw.

The Ventriloquist cover looks pretty cool and a lot of people I talked to since mentioned they were seeking that one out.

I liked Relic and Count Vertigo also. One comic shop here had 10 different covers and another had their entire run set aside for pull lists subs.

The Ventriloquist cover looks pretty cool and a lot of people I talked to since mentioned they were seeking that one out.

I liked Relic and Count Vertigo also. One comic shop here had 10 different covers and another had their entire run set aside for pull lists subs.

I've heard good things about the Relic book. Also, the JLA/Deadshot book is written by Matt Kindt and is a Suicide Squad lead-in, IIRC. I've heard good things about the content of that book as well.

Does anyone here have a job? Or does everyone use a vacation day on important comic release dates?

Lost my job in June, scored a sweet consulting gig for the summer soon after. I'm going to miss my Wednesday mornings when I'm back to real life.