• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC's Villain Month 3D Covers

2,249 posts in this topic

Ventriloquist was by far the hardest to find in my experience.

That definitely was the case in central London. I honestly couldn't remember which ones would be the Batman issues (standing order) and was pleasantly suprised. Such a silly character (from the current Batgirl) but that and the Poison Ivy are my favourite covers of today's releases.

Ayone else experiencing difficulties on particular issues compared with others?

Ventriloquist was by far the hardest to find in my experience.

That definitely was the case in central London. I honestly couldn't remember which ones would be the Batman issues (standing order) and was pleasantly suprised. Such a silly character (from the current Batgirl) but that and the Poison Ivy are my favourite covers of today's releases.

Ayone else experiencing difficulties on particular issues compared with others?

From what I saw people who weren't as in the know seemed to go after Joker. That was flying off the shelves the fastest.

My LCS had all covers and all variants (only 4 right?). Bought one of each 3d cover at $3.99, 3 Forever evil variants (9.99 each), and the one per store variant ($75) less 10%. And no line.

Nice. I have to move to Indiana! :grin:

My online subscription retailer charged me cover for my 3D's and Forever Evil variants @ 9.99, sweet - however my local LCS are not letting any of the 3D covers out to customers until they are entirely sure they're not going to get shafted, which apparently is Friday ???

I got all I wanted for Cover price...may go get a couple more of the 'hot' ones. Very classy 3D look, reminds me of the flicker rings they used to have in the 60s/70s. Even did the back cover 3D.

I'd say it blows away any special cover I've seen on a comic since the heyday of the late 80s early 90s.

Grabbed my copies today.

th_SDC10076.jpgth_SDC10074.jpgth_SDC10075.jpgth_SDC10073.jpgth_SDC10071.jpg

Another scumbag retailer breaking street date.

Why should you care (shrug)

I think it has to do with the fact that comic retailers agree to sell on wednesday. This helps promote a level playing field amongst all retailers. Breaking street date is against the rules and can get a account put in a bad situation. Posting pictures of early purchases can actually get your LCS in trouble with Diamond. We had this happen locally once.

It is similar to the VCC rules here on the boards that states all sales start at a certain time. If sellers sell early, they are undermining the system in place. Why participate if you are going to on the rules.

Truth!

( and I'm all over this today )

Larry needs to worry about Larry's Comics and not worry about what you can't control.

My LCS had all covers and all variants (only 4 right?). Bought one of each 3d cover at $3.99, 3 Forever evil variants (9.99 each), and the one per store variant ($75) less 10%. And no line.

Nice. I have to move to Indiana! :grin:

Back home in Indiana lol I was able to pick up 10 different covers. Awesome looking books in person. My guess is there will be many 9.9s and maybe 10.0s. These books look incredibly perfect. (thumbs u

I just went to my LCS. They were only sold out of Ventriloquist. They had about ten copies of Joker left on the shelf, about fifteen copies of Poison Ivy and only 4 copies left of Two-Face. I only picked up Poison Ivy and Joker. I considered the Two-Face because the cover was cool, but decided to save the money for something else

I have to admit that I thought this sounded overly gimmicky, but honestly, I think it works. I thought the covers looked very cool in person. However, I do agree with what someone said earlier in this thread in the opinion that this will not have much sustainability. I imagine this will be a quick flip thing. By the time Forever Evil is over in the spring, I think these will be back to a reasonable price point and everybody will be looking forward to the next big thing to speculate on. The only exceptions may be Joker's Daughter, depending on who she is revealed to be and Harley Quinn since she seems to remain a hot commodity.

So for this gimmick, I'm picking up based on what strikes my interest, instead of looking to speculate. I'm new to the speculation game anyway and I don't want to get overwhelmed and/or burned on the whole deal. Perhaps I should have grabbed the Harvey Dent that was on the shelf, but only time will tell.

Grabbed my copies today.

th_SDC10076.jpgth_SDC10074.jpgth_SDC10075.jpgth_SDC10073.jpgth_SDC10071.jpg

Another scumbag retailer breaking street date.

Why should you care (shrug)

I think it has to do with the fact that comic retailers agree to sell on wednesday. This helps promote a level playing field amongst all retailers. Breaking street date is against the rules and can get a account put in a bad situation. Posting pictures of early purchases can actually get your LCS in trouble with Diamond. We had this happen locally once.

It is similar to the VCC rules here on the boards that states all sales start at a certain time. If sellers sell early, they are undermining the system in place. Why participate if you are going to on the rules.

Truth!

( and I'm all over this today )

Larry needs to worry about Larry's Comics and not worry about what you can't control.

I seldom take Larry's side or the other side but totally agree with him here. Unless the retailer has special permission to open shop early it is hurting them. Imagine if comics were sold on any day they were received in.

Think of it outside the comic world. Look at movie releases in theaters...clearly they get the movie ready for projection prior to the FRIDAY screen time...so what if mom and pop decide to show it tuesday-thursday...they have effectively taken money from the other theaters locally.

rantrant