• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC's Villain Month 3D Covers

2,249 posts in this topic

(shrug) It's about $100 more at midtown. I guess it is 1 per store. There are cheaper copies on eBay...for now.

I was 3rd in line at Forbidden Planet which had every one of the 3-d's in stock.

I was able to get a full run. Went over to my LCS Orbital Comics which is a 10 minute walk, to see pick up my 1 per store Forever Evil 1 3D Variant.

By the time I came back to Forbidden Planet (no more than 30 minutes) nearly all the Batman titles were sold out. Out of the 13 that were available this week, they had 8 of them left, a few with only a few copies.

Grabbed my copies today.

th_SDC10076.jpgth_SDC10074.jpgth_SDC10075.jpgth_SDC10073.jpgth_SDC10071.jpg

Another scumbag retailer breaking street date.

Why should you care (shrug)

I think it has to do with the fact that comic retailers agree to sell on wednesday. This helps promote a level playing field amongst all retailers. Breaking street date is against the rules and can get a account put in a bad situation. Posting pictures of early purchases can actually get your LCS in trouble with Diamond. We had this happen locally once.

It is similar to the VCC rules here on the boards that states all sales start at a certain time. If sellers sell early, they are undermining the system in place. Why participate if you are going to on the rules.

Greed does strange things to people.......

that's putting it mildly.

I got a little lucky at my lcs this morning, I found 10 of the 3d covers, but only one of the ones I really wanted (joker), no luck finding harley quinn or joker's daughter. There was a 1 cover per customer limit, so that insured I got 1 of each cover that my lcs received. Hey, it could've been worse, so I'm happy with what I found :grin: .

Those 3d covers are really cool, they look amazing (worship)

Greed does strange things to people.......

that's putting it mildly.

I got a little lucky at my lcs this morning, I found 10 of the 3d covers, but only one of the ones I really wanted (joker), no luck finding harley quinn or joker's daughter. There was a 1 cover per customer limit, so that insured I got 1 of each cover that my lcs received. Hey, it could've been worse, so I'm happy with what I found :grin: .

Those 3d covers are really cool, they look amazing (worship)

Those were not this week. Later this month

Grabbed my copies today.

I pay several hundred dollars a year to Diamonds same day compliance fund.

Maintaining a street date allows retailers a necessary day to process orders.

some retailers cannot compete on a level playing field & find it necessary to cheat.

Anyway.

I forwarded the post to both Diamond & DC.

Hopefully this dirtball loses his Tuesday ship privileges.

If anybody knows for a fact what the shop is, DM,

I'll make it worth your while.

Grabbed my copies today.

I think it has to do with the fact that comic retailers agree to sell on wednesday. This helps promote a level playing field amongst all retailers. Breaking street date is against the rules and can get a account put in a bad situation. Posting pictures of early purchases can actually get your LCS in trouble with Diamond. We had this happen locally once.

It is similar to the VCC rules here on the boards that states all sales start at a certain time. If sellers sell early, they are undermining the system in place. Why participate if you are going to on the rules.

Truth!

( and I'm all over this today )

I'm glad stores had a 1 per copy limit and didn't see anyone charge more than cover.

I picked up all 14 to go with a Superman Unchained 3D cover. As gimmicky as it is, and I expect the next fad to come along next month, I've not seen footfall been driven so hard at lunch time in a while.

Hopefully the LCS's do well out of all the chaos with allocations.

The ones that seemed to be sold out or almost gone were the Ventriloquist (I only got mine as it was on my standing order), Two-Face, Relic, and Deadshot.