• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC's Villain Month 3D Covers

2,249 posts in this topic

Our store was packed the first hour opened. We still have 11 of the 13 titles instock...we are sold out of jldark, jlamerica). Some we have as many as 50 copies still. Not sure if we will sell out or not. We are selling at cover less out standard discount ... They are cool

Did you get your normal quantity or was your allotment decreased substantially ?

we were severely allocated. Luckily I ordered a lot

I was the first customer at my shop today (not on purpose), and they were completely out of JLA (went to subscribers). Not sure if this will be a trend, but figured I'd update you with what I saw.

The Ventriloquist cover looks pretty cool and a lot of people I talked to since mentioned they were seeking that one out.

I liked Relic and Count Vertigo also. One comic shop here had 10 different covers and another had their entire run set aside for pull lists subs.

I've heard good things about the Relic book. Also, the JLA/Deadshot book is written by Matt Kint and is a Suicide Squad lead-in, IIRC. I've heard good things about the content of that book as well.

Of course the JLA/Deadshot was gone. Oh well, wading into the bay now...

Will Hastings be getting any of the 3-D covers?

I picked up a couple of the 3-D covers at my local Hastings store this morning.

(Darkseid, Relic, and Joker) Looks like they got 2 or 3 of each. I almost missed them as they had them displayed on an endcap.

DAN

Grabbed my copies today.

th_SDC10076.jpgth_SDC10074.jpgth_SDC10075.jpgth_SDC10073.jpgth_SDC10071.jpg

Another scumbag retailer breaking street date.

Why should you care (shrug)

I think it has to do with the fact that comic retailers agree to sell on wednesday. This helps promote a level playing field amongst all retailers. Breaking street date is against the rules and can get a account put in a bad situation. Posting pictures of early purchases can actually get your LCS in trouble with Diamond. We had this happen locally once.

It is similar to the VCC rules here on the boards that states all sales start at a certain time. If sellers sell early, they are undermining the system in place. Why participate if you are going to on the rules.

Truth!

( and I'm all over this today )

Larry needs to worry about Larry's Comics and not worry about what you can't control.

I seldom take Larry's side or the other side but totally agree with him here. Unless the retailer has special permission to open shop early it is hurting them. Imagine if comics were sold on any day they were received in.

Think of it outside the comic world. Look at movie releases in theaters...clearly they get the movie ready for projection prior to the FRIDAY screen time...so what if mom and pop decide to show it tuesday-thursday...they have effectively taken money from the other theaters locally.

rantrant

This is standard in a lot of industries. Movies, Music, Gaming.

The penalties for breaking street date can be pretty severe for independent retailers.

I can't be the only person here who spends $1000's each month and has a good relationship with their comic book store and pre-orders at least 10 copies of each issue weekly to get the opportunity to choose the best copies available 2 hours before wednesday. I am positive other people on this board who sell a lot slabs pay for this luxury.

Our store was packed the first hour opened. We still have 11 of the 13 titles instock...we are sold out of jldark, jlamerica). Some we have as many as 50 copies still. Not sure if we will sell out or not. We are selling at cover less out standard discount ... They are cool

Did you get your normal quantity or was your allotment decreased substantially ?

we were severely allocated. Luckily I ordered a lot

It looks like you planned better than most and treat your customers well. Congrats for being ahead of the curve (thumbs u

I checked one Hastings in town this morning, and they literally unlocked the door to let me in, and there wasn't a single lenticular copy on the shelves. My LCS won't open until 5 pm this evening (they normally open at 9 am), so I wasted a trip over there before class today. Not sure what he will or won't get, and I may not get back there until tomorrow.

I got my Covers today ^_^. I love having first dibs at my LCS

Interesting.

Your shop breaks street date.

That's swell...

mine lets me come in on tuesday, pull my copies, bag them and then place them back into my file for Wed. Great customer service.