• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC's Villain Month 3D Covers

2,249 posts in this topic

Was that person actually dumb enough to post what store he bought the books from?

doesn't diamond take away a stores retailer discount for doing that?

The boardie is well known. His adress & email was DM'd to me.

I plugged his zip into the comic shop locator service.

seven shops came up.

I know one of the owners.

I called him. We figured out the account easy.

I saved the post.

Sent it to DC. Sent it to Diamond. Sent it to Bleeding Cool.

Diamond could take away their Tuesday delivery for a period of time, which will certainly take away youchooseme's Tuesday delivery time for a period.

Without receipt, this is pretty much a he said she said thing. plugging in an address to find the zip and then playing guess who to find out? Anybody can post pictures of items and say they got it from a store. Granted there are posts but that can be fabricated to set up another store if you really wanted to. For example, someone near Larry's store could post picture outside his shop on Tuesday with Wednesday batch and be " thanks Larry for hooking it up a day before"

I agree. he wants to get some comic shop in trouble because the only proof he has are pictures. congrats larry.

From what I have read it isn't Larry who got his shop in trouble. It was someone posting pics showing what they had before the day of sale.(Bragging in my opinion.) Had the pictures never been posted there wouldn't be an issue here.

Right and wrong here is pretty black and white. If the store is dumb enough to break the policy then they deserve what they get. Quit arguing with stupid what ifs. How many people need to tell you what you/they did was wrong?

Well, I broke down last night and pre-ordered the 3 I really want off eBay. Paid a little over cover price.

Felt a little foolish when I started reading these posts at lunch today. Then I arrived at my LCS after work at 3:15.

3 Grodd, 2 Darkseid (1 sold while I was there), 8-10 Dasaad, 2 Relic, 1 Poison Ivy (sold while I was there). That's it.

Odd thing is, he didn't have any of the regular covers out. Didn't ask him if he didn't order any or is just holding them back until the 3-Ds sell out (which is probably happening as I write this).

So I feel better about paying a small premium as getting the ones I wanted locally is probably out of the question.

wonder if these would pull an easy 9.9

I was pondering the same thing in my car this afternoon. It looks like another Killing Joke...10's all around

Im not sure - the Unchained 3D RRP has the same cover and no 9.9s have surfaced as far as i know.

A lot of the new DC titles have really high quality cover stock lately (Unchained, Superman/Batman, Batman Black and White, Forever Evil). The covers are on really thick stock and the edges all seem to be really sharp, yet no real increase in 9.9s or 10s...

Anyone else notice this?

I was pondering the same thing in my car this afternoon. It looks like another Killing Joke...10's all around

Agreed. I looked all over in and out for flaws. Zero, zip, nada. The high grades won't be rare IMHO but they are high grades. :grin:

Im not sure - the Unchained 3D RRP has the same cover and no 9.9s have surfaced as far as i know.

A lot of the new DC titles have really high quality cover stock lately (Unchained, Superman/Batman, Batman Black and White, Forever Evil). The covers are on really thick stock and the edges all seem to be really sharp, yet no real increase in 9.9s or 10s...

Anyone else notice this?

I've seen a lot of corner dings and tears on Superman Unchained. I had a terrible time finding anything above a 9.4 on Marvel's Infinity. I will be shocked if there aren't several 9.9s or better on the villain covers.

The Unchained RRP 3d was a thicker book which tend to cut roughly. These were thinner so that helped the cut. However, there are flaws to these books - just because the corners looked clean doesn't mean you have an instant 9.9

I noticed a couple of common defects throughout the titles, which I will keep to myself. lol

that's chicken

I disagree Jason.

my name is on my posts.

Chicken is posting from a position of anonymity.

1st, I'm hardly anonymous. This is my screen name on most boards I frequent. It's my first initial and last name.

2nd, what makes you think I was posting about anything you posted? Maybe it's chicken the guy got his books early, maybe it's because someone used anonymity to send you his info, maybe it's you for calling retailers in his zip code. Maybe the covers being allocated is chicken. Maybe this entire blown out of proportion situation and the fact that its turned into this is chicken.

3rd, I wasn't talking to you or about your posts.

4th, be a stand up fella and apologize for your poor attempt at calling me out.

5th, anyone think #4 will happen? I don't.

Thanks,

Jason

I went this afternoon and, even with the allocations, all the books I ordered were waiting for me in my box.

That's what happens when your LCS is the bizzomb.

I didn't even see you (shrug)

Was that person actually dumb enough to post what store he bought the books from?

doesn't diamond take away a stores retailer discount for doing that?

The boardie is well known. His adress & email was DM'd to me.

I plugged his zip into the comic shop locator service.

seven shops came up.

I know one of the owners.

I called him. We figured out the account easy.

I saved the post.

Sent it to DC. Sent it to Diamond. Sent it to Bleeding Cool.

Diamond could take away their Tuesday delivery for a period of time, which will certainly take away youchooseme's Tuesday delivery time for a period.

Without receipt, this is pretty much a he said she said thing. plugging in an address to find the zip and then playing guess who to find out? Anybody can post pictures of items and say they got it from a store. Granted there are posts but that can be fabricated to set up another store if you really wanted to. For example, someone near Larry's store could post picture outside his shop on Tuesday with Wednesday batch and be " thanks Larry for hooking it up a day before"

I agree. he wants to get some comic shop in trouble because the only proof he has are pictures. congrats larry.

From what I have read it isn't Larry who got his shop in trouble. It was someone posting pics showing what they had before the day of sale.(Bragging in my opinion.) Had the pictures never been posted there wouldn't be an issue here.

Right and wrong here is pretty black and white. If the store is dumb enough to break the policy then they deserve what they get. Quit arguing with stupid what ifs. How many people need to tell you what you/they did was wrong?

I did brag. Stupid move. I just hope he get's the right shop in trouble.

The Unchained RRP 3d was a thicker book which tend to cut roughly. These were thinner so that helped the cut. However, there are flaws to these books - just because the corners looked clean doesn't mean you have an instant 9.9

I noticed a couple of common defects throughout the titles, which I will keep to myself. lol

This is why I don't try to sub books myself - I've got no clue. Love your work Dre!

You are the expert in CGC. I just don't see them. I've purchased books from you are definitely an accurate grader. I'm going back to look again lol

My LCS had at least one of each on the shelf when I walked in at 2:30 today. I'm guessing they were gone by the end of the day. I thought they were well done. I'd say flip em now while prices are right. It's the 90s all over...

Sub $200 Forever Evil #1 3D keep getting snatched up as soon as they're listed.

They seem to be doing better than the Star Wars sketches so far. I would have thought the other way around but there is a lot of talk about these today and it seems to be picking up. You were right, this is fun to watch. :grin:

I think the thicker Unchained 3D also caused issues with the stapling. On a lot of the copies i've seen on eBay and on my 9.8 copy the bottom staple is about 2mm misaligned and is actually on the cover, rather than the spine.

Not an issue for grading, but shows how difficult it must have been to produce a 3D cover on an oversized issue that also contains a cardboard slip for a foldout poster.

I went this afternoon and, even with the allocations, all the books I ordered were waiting for me in my box.

That's what happens when your LCS is the bizzomb.

I didn't even see you (shrug)

I don't think I saw your car in the lot. Did you step out around 3:15ish?

Well, I've been looking at comics for a long time and I can't find anything wrong with any spines, corners, surfaces, staples, colors, interiors, indentations, bleed though, or anything else. I feel like I'm on a scavenger hunt looking for a flaw lol

I usually find issues with stuff that CGC calls 9.8s but finding them on these ? Not yet...