• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is this true...DC wants fan art pictures of Harley Quinn ??

147 posts in this topic

I don't see how this is a male/female thing. At all. This manufactured outrage (as evidenced by the site linked in the OP) is about making light of suicide.

For the record - it was at Thanksgiving dinner over 10 years ago that my 2nd cousin and hid girlfriend were fighting. He went inside and didn't come out for a while. Everyone was fixing plates full of food when we heard a very loud bang, coming from in the house.

He killed himself, folks. With everyone around, on a holiday. Shot himself in the head.

Now, this sucked, and still sucks today, as his mom never got over it and is a shell of a woman she used to be. I had a suicide occur not 25 yards from where I was standing, eating turkey and pork BBQ.

Am I outraged at these scenes with Harley Quinn? No.

:shrug:

-slym

For real.

I was a teenager in the 1980's... the "Heathers" generation.

I'd guess there were 10 people during my high school years that committed suicide. Sometimes it feels like we are living in the Puss E generation.

More like a jaded generation, combined with a 'ME' generation.

Bad combination.

You can't measure your own tolerance for trauma to everyone else's.

Everyone experience's different path's in life.

Nobody has any compassion for anybody in this world.

It's kinda sad really.

If someone else' "tolerance for trauma" is so low that they will overhype a small situation and overly-sexualize it to further their own agenda, then they need to go live in a cave. The link in the first post didn't seem to be too outraged over the first few examples of HQ trying to kill herself, but her in the bathtub, and not wearing her costume?

MAJOR OUTRAGE.

It is ridiculous. As I said before, Harley doesn't have her legs spread and a in her hand. People are naked in the shower/tub all the time.

Manufactured outrage. Hmph.

-slym

Drama Queens pointing at Drama Queens, blustering about who is more of a Drama Queen is still just a circus however you look at it.

I'll always have more compassion for someone's pain, real or imagined, than I will for someone's self-righteous, indignant, outrage over someone else's pain, real or imagined.