• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is this true...DC wants fan art pictures of Harley Quinn ??

147 posts in this topic

What happened to the outrage over Starfire being overly slutty?

Oh yeah. Everyone moved on.

Outrage. Press coverage. Sales spike.

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

I remember that. I think there was a lot more lathering than you give credit for.

Was she twerking?

They were twerking in comics long before Miley was born!

I almost forgot. They changed his name from Robin the Twerking Slutpuppy after the Comics Code started.

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

I remember that. I think there was a lot more lathering than you give credit for.

Slutty lathering?

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

Slutty lathering?

That's the best kind!

No offense to NotSure, because I empathize with anybody who's reminded of painful events in their lives, it's just that personally, I'm not going to let something as stupid as a Modern DC or Marvel comic book have that power over me.

Their silly lowest common denominator marketing is moronic.

It's worse than moronic.

It's sub-moronic.

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

Slutty lathering?

Oh yes. Dirty, slutty, tight lathering.

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

Slutty lathering?

This thread had wheels, but wow (worship)

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

Slutty lathering?

Well, the moral route started to get boring. I was kind of hoping the thread would turn into a "bad marketing gimmicks" of the comic industry...

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

Slutty lathering?

Well, the moral route started to get boring. I was kind of hoping the thread would turn into a "bad marketing gimmicks" of the comic industry...

Sometimes I wonder if anyone in comics has ever taken classes in marketing or advertising. There have been a lot of blunders over the years. We should make a list!

I don't know if this was mentioned anywhere above me so if it is... sorry.

Do we know what the story is in relation to the requested panels? I cannot judge the art request unless I see it within the context of the overall book.

What if it is a storyline where Harley somehow gains immortality or invincibility? What if that is the case and all she is doing is testing it?

Do we know what the story is in relation to the requested panels? I cannot judge the art request unless I see it within the context of the overall book.

What if it is a storyline where Harley somehow gains immortality or invincibility? What if that is the case and all she is doing is testing it?

That was pretty much exactly the story from what I read. She is trying to put herself in bad situations and see if she could get hurt. She seemingly never does.

Of course, I could have skimmed the thread wrong.

So, without trying to ruffle feathers, this is what I got so far.

Some one is upset with DC because they're doing something to a character. The character is not new, the concept is not new, but the person is now mad because this not new concept met this not new character. And this person is mad because they like the character and are affected by the concept? That about right?

That pretty much sums it up. I'm not defending or attacking DC on it. The bit is suppose to be comedy. Its been done in other media for years. Again, we have Deadpool getting beat up or hurt in some capacity every other month. We have superheroes and villians attacking each other in comics with property damage and everything else. Yet, that's not a problem.

What we have is someone that has a very personal issue with this particular subject and is venting about it. Fine, if you have an issue with it, then just don't buy the book. Pretty simple.

Again read the actual article. They have Harley in a CHICKEN COVERED SUIT while in the alligator pool. Why people continue to ignore all the other outlandish parts to the story I don't know. Its suppose to be comedy. Comedy in a comic book for goodness sake.

I don't recall this kind of reaction when 2 years ago Marvel had multi-issue arc of deadpool doing everything in his power to kill himself.

It's comedy people, deal with it.

:applause:

And I am sure if you personally had ever been effected by a loved one taking their own life..

You would think having a contest t glorify it some funny stuff right??

If you knew a young man in his twenties, who helped you by using a snow shovel to get through piles of ashes in your burned down house. Who found your wedding ring and several pieces of your great grandmother's jewelry in the ashes of a 3 bedroom home. Who showed up everyday, having never even been asked, to help you clear out the wreckage of your entire life. Never asked for $1 and never took any money you tried to shove into his pocket. For breaking his back doing work you couldn't physically do while tethered to an oxygen concentrator.

Then he finds his "girlfriend" moved out of state with his two children who were the apples of his eye. He gets pretty drunk..he tries to numb the pain...Being pretty broke he couldn't afford an attorney to even begin to bring them back. So one day in between helping my son and daughter move, this girlfriend calls and says "Good luck you'll never see them again they have a new daddy now see ya sucker"

And he hangs himself..in the living room where his mom found him

Yes I can see where you could find humor in that...

laugh it up.

Or maybe the substitute.. father in law..who had surgery to get his back fixed and ended up paralyzed from the waist down. He was despondent..instead of gaining back the use of his body he lost it. He finally found some family member to leave gun where he could getit..he nearly took out his wife of 60 years along with himself as he tried to kill himself and she tried to wrestle the gun from him.

He managed to only graze her..shoot the wall a few times before shooting himself in the face.

Let's see if we should have a contest to see who could draw the best picture of that...

hilarious..

My daughter's friend..went to a party and had a headache. Some one offered him tylenol. That turned out to be a dangerous mind altering street drug. After spending several hours petting an invisible cat and other party goers taking funny pictures of him "acting crazy" two of my children tried to get him into a car to take him to the ER. He jumped out of the car..ran off and no one could find him.

He was found hung...right in his living room..24 years old..dead because some jerk wanted to see the "goody two shoes" high..

Isn't that just funny??

the answers are all NO

it is not something to be trivialized or made fun of..

Think if it was someone in your family or a friend..

and then tell me it is a great idea to have a contest to see who could draw the best picture of it..

I understand this is a comic book art piece..I don't have a problem with comic book tackling important social issues in different ways..

I have a problem with it being made sport of..

You left out someone standing in a whale's mouth, or someone sitting in an alligator pool with chickens tied to them. Oh, wait, that didn't happen? Because its so outlandish that people don't do that? Exactly. Not sure why everyone is ignoring these parts of the story. Obviously, its nothing that is even remotely realistic. And again, its only 4 pages of a 20 page story so no one knows how these parts fit into the story. As someone said, it could be that she's invulnerable and testing it out. Or has a force field or something. Who knows? Because its a comic book and not real.

It's pretty easy to determine, if you figure that it's either a) something they've done a million times before in comics or b) it's lame.

Either way you'd be right.

When I do read Modern Big Two Comics, I generally like to pretend they're poorly done satire. It all seems to make sense then.