• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is this true...DC wants fan art pictures of Harley Quinn ??

147 posts in this topic

Pirate I'm not sure if you read the articles dealing with this. Not*Sure* is not making mountains out of molehills, she reposted the text of an article. Her only comment was shaming DC and mentioning she has dressed as Harley in the past. Have you read DC's description of the panel they want fans to draw?

Pirate is Not*Sure's personal troll, so don't try to speak logically to him, it won't work.

Only here 4 days and you've figured that out?

:gossip: 11 years

Who were you in your past board life?

You want me to list every ID? Uff da!

I like you more when you have consistency in who you go after and who you protect not based just on who you're an acquaintance of IRL.

The thing that strikes me is the timing of this event. DC just seems a glutton for punishment right now. In wake of last weeks news, the contest should have been shelved.

Whoever is running DC right now really needs to reasses their priorities. With all the creators leaving, the poor reception of the New 52, and the las few weeks of missteps, they really need to refocus.

I don't recall this kind of reaction when 2 years ago Marvel had multi-issue arc of deadpool doing everything in his power to kill himself.

It's comedy people, deal with it.

:applause:

And I am sure if you personally had ever been effected by a loved one taking their own life..

You would think having a contest t glorify it some funny stuff right??

If you knew a young man in his twenties, who helped you by using a snow shovel to get through piles of ashes in your burned down house. Who found your wedding ring and several pieces of your great grandmother's jewelry in the ashes of a 3 bedroom home. Who showed up everyday, having never even been asked, to help you clear out the wreckage of your entire life. Never asked for $1 and never took any money you tried to shove into his pocket. For breaking his back doing work you couldn't physically do while tethered to an oxygen concentrator.

Then he finds his "girlfriend" moved out of state with his two children who were the apples of his eye. He gets pretty drunk..he tries to numb the pain...Being pretty broke he couldn't afford an attorney to even begin to bring them back. So one day in between helping my son and daughter move, this girlfriend calls and says "Good luck you'll never see them again they have a new daddy now see ya sucker"

And he hangs himself..in the living room where his mom found him

Yes I can see where you could find humor in that...

laugh it up.

Or maybe the substitute.. father in law..who had surgery to get his back fixed and ended up paralyzed from the waist down. He was despondent..instead of gaining back the use of his body he lost it. He finally found some family member to leave gun where he could getit..he nearly took out his wife of 60 years along with himself as he tried to kill himself and she tried to wrestle the gun from him.

He managed to only graze her..shoot the wall a few times before shooting himself in the face.

Let's see if we should have a contest to see who could draw the best picture of that...

hilarious..

My daughter's friend..went to a party and had a headache. Some one offered him tylenol. That turned out to be a dangerous mind altering street drug. After spending several hours petting an invisible cat and other party goers taking funny pictures of him "acting crazy" two of my children tried to get him into a car to take him to the ER. He jumped out of the car..ran off and no one could find him.

He was found hung...right in his living room..24 years old..dead because some jerk wanted to see the "goody two shoes" high..

Isn't that just funny??

the answers are all NO

it is not something to be trivialized or made fun of..

Think if it was someone in your family or a friend..

and then tell me it is a great idea to have a contest to see who could draw the best picture of it..

I understand this is a comic book art piece..I don't have a problem with comic book tackling important social issues in different ways..

I have a problem with it being made sport of..

Don't really care..

it's the truth..truth wouldn't be so funny all drawn up for a comic book contest...

I'm not saying I disagree, but you are taking it a bit far. Tact is your friend.

I've known plenty of people who committed or attempted to commit suicide, but I wouldn't air it on a public message board.

Just saying...

Hasn't murder, on a rather massive scale, been the Joker's (and Harley's) M.O. for quite some time? Why hasn't anyone railed against DC for allowing that for all this time?

Murder isn't anymore funny than suicide, and isn't any less grave and painful. Yet, there it has been, for decades in comic book form with no outrage outside of someone named Wertham.

So, without trying to ruffle feathers, this is what I got so far.

Some one is upset with DC because they're doing something to a character. The character is not new, the concept is not new, but the person is now mad because this not new concept met this not new character. And this person is mad because they like the character and are affected by the concept? That about right?

Hasn't murder, on a rather massive scale, been the Joker's (and Harley's) M.O. for quite some time? Why hasn't anyone railed against DC for allowing that for all this time?

Murder isn't anymore funny than suicide, and isn't any less grave and painful. Yet, there it has been, for decades in comic book form with no outrage outside of someone named Wertham.

Its the media and their timing.....like how people noticed more shootings after the dorner/boston indicents when in reality it happens every day.

Not worth it.

Some one is upset with DC because they're doing something to a character. The character is not new, the concept is not new, but the person is now mad because this not new concept met this not new character. And this person is mad because they like the character and are affected by the concept? That about right?

Making a contest of drawing someone in a suicidal scenario is tacky and in poor taste. I think everyone here is acceptant of what goes on in comic book stories and for how long it's gone on, but to encourage the audience to draw their interpretations of it in a contest is pretty dumb on DC's part. I don't think anyone is mad or upset - I think they are appalled at the stupidity of this kind of contest.

Making a contest of drawing someone in a suicidal scenario is tacky and in poor taste. I think everyone here is acceptant of what goes on in comic book stories and for how long it's gone on, but to encourage the audience to draw their interpretations of it in a contest is pretty dumb on DC's part. I don't think anyone is mad or upset - I think they are appalled at the stupidity of this kind of contest.

Do you remember the "Should Jason Todd Live or Die?" contest/promotion DC ran 25 years ago?

JasonTodd_zpsd3a009ce.jpg